What's happening? is it a scam?

facundofruto

Question

Hi guys! I'm new in the platform and like many of you I want to work and grow in the digital world with my copywriting and transation services. 

The other day a guy sent me a message and told me to make a translation from english to spanish. He asked me to continue by mail and then I submitted my personal information there. The thing is i had to deliver the service within 32 hours and i worked a lot to finish the book translation without an upfront pay. 
When i finished and delivered the work by Telegram, the guy asked me to talk with the Company's Director and she sent me this. 

Facundo Calistenia, [21/5/2024 00:47]
HI

, [21/5/2024 00:47]
How can i help you please?

Facundo Calistenia, [21/5/2024 00:50]
I made a translation work for off post office

Facundo Calistenia, [21/5/2024 00:50]
and they didn't pay me

, [21/5/2024 00:50]
Okay, 
First my name is              , and you’re asked to contact me for linking your Receiving account details to our office payment server .
You should note that this cost $63 which is refundable and it is only required compulsoryly for the first time you are receiving money from our office.

Facundo Calistenia, [21/5/2024 00:51]
how do i know its goung to work?

I've already done the work

and they didn't gave me an upfront

And now i have to spend $63 to get paid?

, [21/5/2024 00:52]
With trust

, [21/5/2024 00:52]
Dear , you only have to register as an employee in our office and you can receive the money

Can you help me with this? I just want to get my payment...

• Like 4

4 answers to this question

2 hours ago, facundofruto said:

What's happening? is it a scam?

Do you still need to ask this question? Anyone who asks for money first to get your hard-earned money in return is a scam! Have you ever seen any legitimate service, like Payoneer, say, "Hey, we have received a payment of $2000 from Fiverr, but you first need to pay us a fee of $3"? No, they just deduct their fees from the amount and send the rest to you. This is how every legitimate individual, company, or platform functions.

If someone is asking for money upfront (no matter if it's a freelance service or any other activity in your life), it's a scam!

Also, as per Fiverr TOS, you are not allowed to communicate or work outside the platform. So, not only is this a scam, but you're also at risk of having your Fiverr account permanently suspended.

• Like 3
  • Up 1

2 hours ago, facundofruto said:

He asked me to continue by mail and then I submitted my personal information there.

You are in trouble here, you shouldn't have submitted personal information which is against TOS and your account may suspend permanently, I am in translation too and in first days of joining Fiverr, I was receiving 10+ messages from random people who were inviting me to email or telegram but I have never did it and it is clear that it's scam and that is why you are seeing them blocked in few minutes.

About telegram messages, it's useless to post here, no one can help you.

• Like 4
  • Up 1

Hi @facundofrutosorry to read about this experience. First of all, you should immediately contact your bank to sort this out, since our Customer Support team cannot help outside Fiverr. Also, please report this user so that our team can take over and block them from the platform. I highly recommend reading our Terms of Service and Forum Rules. This would have prevented you from being scammed like this. Make sure that you avoid these violations in the future, since they'll most probably lead to having the account restricted/blocked. You'll also see how Fiverr works, how to know that a buyer purchased your gig and that the order is placed, and all the dos and don'ts. I've edited your post since it was showing another user's info, and even though it's a scam, it's still a violation of our Forum Rules. Your Fiverr account might get restricted/blocked now, since you've communicated and continued working outside Fiverr, and that's a serious violation of our ToS. Hope you can sort it out with your bank. Good luck 🍀

• Like 3