Buyer gets all work done and cancel order - Fiverr Major Issue

usmanahmad745

Hey fellow freelancers, I've recently encountered a major issue on Fiverr that I know many of you have faced too: a buyer gets all the work done and then cancels the order. This is incredibly frustrating and unfair, as it undermines our hard work and time investment. I'm reaching out to see if any of you have found effective ways to handle or prevent this situation. Have you had any success with specific strategies or communication techniques that protect your work and ensure you get paid? Let's share our experiences and solutions to help each other navigate this challenge.

• Like 6

56 minutes ago, usmanahmad745 said:

Hey fellow freelancers, I've recently encountered a major issue on Fiverr that I know many of you have faced too: a buyer gets all the work done and then cancels the order. This is incredibly frustrating and unfair, as it undermines our hard work and time investment. I'm reaching out to see if any of you have found effective ways to handle or prevent this situation. Have you had any success with specific strategies or communication techniques that protect your work and ensure you get paid? Let's share our experiences and solutions to help each other navigate this challenge.

Always keep the chat professional and write your messages in a way that even when a third person (customer support) reads them, it quickly gives them an understanding of what was included in the order, what stage you're currently at, and what you have delivered.

Also, in the custom offer itself, write all the details. Some people (including me) just write "I will create a logo for you," and that's it! No one is going to go through all your inbox and order chats to see what was included in the order and if you have delivered correctly. So, just sum up everything and write in the custom offer itself what things you will be working on. Set your boundaries even before the order is started. I have created my own guidelines that I send to the buyer, including guidelines on revision policies and the scope of work.

image.png.8208f9b23a65f4fad3311a5bb08bd4d1.png

You can also set your boundaries and, before sending the custom offer, send an image or PDF to the buyer explaining your revision and cancellation policies. Additionally, while delivering the order, keep things clear and provide a detailed message explaining what you have done in the order and how it is 100% complete. Even if the order gets cancelled, reach out to customer support and ask for compensation --- and all these above points will help you to easily prove that you have done a 100% job.

• Like 9