Suspicious message in inbox

faruqueahmad39

Question

Greetings!

I am a newbie in Fiverr.

Today I received a suspicious message in my inbox, asking to verify my payment method through an external link provided via QR code.

Screenshots are attached for your kind review and prompt advice.

Thanks in advance.

Regards,

Screenshot 2024-05-13 143514.jpg

• Like 2

4 answers to this question

Posted (edited)

Since you've already reported the message you can ignore it, since it's a scammer.

You could also contact CS if you wanted and report it there and ask them to prevent people calling themselves "Support Fiverr" in their display name (maybe they're using that now if Fiverr's stopped people writing "Fiverr Support" in the display name).

You could also ask CS to prevent people sending those QR code messages in attachments since they still are allowing scammers to do that.

Maybe Fiverr could also put a check in for users using the text "id" + a number for their usernames as a lot of the QR code scammers seem to be doing that, so Fiverr could check those users manually.

Edited by uk1000
  • Like 3

Hi @faruqueahmad39, since you're new here, I highly recommend reading our Terms of Service and Forum Rules. I've edited your post since you've provided a screenshot of a private chat, even though it's a scam, it's still a violation of our Forum Rules. Make sure that you avoid these violations in the future, since they'll most probably lead to having the account restricted/blocked. Good luck 🍀

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, uk1000 said:

Since you've already reported the message you can ignore it, since it's a scammer.

You could also contact CS if you wanted and report it there and ask them to prevent people calling themselves "Support Fiverr" in their display name (maybe they're using that now if Fiverr's stopped people writing "Fiverr Support" in the display name).

You could also ask CS to prevent people sending those QR code messages in attachments since they still are allowing scammers to do that.

Thank you for your advice.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, ana_tomy said:

Hi @faruqueahmad39, since you're new here, I highly recommend reading our Terms of Service and Forum Rules. I've edited your post since you've provided a screenshot of a private chat, even though it's a scam, it's still a violation of our Forum Rules. Make sure that you avoid these violations in the future, since they'll most probably lead to having the account restricted/blocked. Good luck 🍀

Thanks a lot.

• Like 2