Fiver.com AI analysis overheating the processor

Posted (edited)

I don't know what is fiverr using or why,  only happens in fiverr.com while reading a gig's work page, the CPU could reach up to 22% by doing anything. is this your AI reading the text? is there crypto mining in the background? why is this happening? is really not cool.

image.png.d63efcb59a6cb23454a59c3a199ee734.pngimage.png.2707d0a530b3f5a465aa17e610df81b0.png

Edited by kingpirux
  • Like 5

3 hours ago, kingpirux said:

I don't know what is fiverr using or why,  only happens in fiverr.com while reading a gig's work page, the CPU could reach up to 22% by doing anything. is this your AI reading the text? is there crypto mining in the background? why is this happening? is really not cool.

image.png.d63efcb59a6cb23454a59c3a199ee734.pngimage.png.2707d0a530b3f5a465aa17e610df81b0.png

Notice console tab, its filled with "grammarly" messages...

Fiverr stopped supporting grammarly many months ago

I suggest re-analyzing while turning off all browser extensions, so they don't interfere in result

Other that, I'm aware website is quite heavy and bunch of bugs

Mobile android app looks opposite, fast and friendly

• Like 6

3 hours ago, kingpirux said:

It literally shows you what it is. Grammarly.  How would that be related to crypto mining in any way? 

• Like 5

10 hours ago, visualstudios said:

It literally shows you what it is. Grammarly.  How would that be related to crypto mining in any way? 

is not only grammarly, there are small windows poping out, small as a finger, since i have blocked all types of popups they are open as windows and can't be hidden, there is something weird going in the background, and only happens in fiverr.

• Like 3

12 minutes ago, donnovan86 said:

A fresh, complete reinstall of Chrome would be ideal, or maybe you can try this with another browser too.

Sir you are a genius mentor on fiverr. Always you give a good solution for any Kind of problem ❤️ 

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

7 hours ago, kingpirux said:

i did it, suddenly now the overheat stopped, i dont know if they fixed it after seeing this warning, but the gramarly errors still exist so it wasnt only that.

If Fiverr does bug fixes in 24 hour, they would have fixed existing ones already (which appeared for months, even  now i can point many...)

So issue seems about browser, like Alex mentioned

I use Firefox 95, never had any that % cpu issue with Fiverr

Sometime % memory gets heavier, but only on Inbox page

• Like 2

23 hours ago, kingpirux said:

is this your AI reading the text?

Yes, but the CPU overloading issue is not related to that. As I could see, there are multiple Chrome processes available under your main Chrome process. In technical terms (I prefer not to use them, but anyway) a single Chrome process means a separate Chrome extension, a Notification service, Adware, or a Chromedriver service. So you have multiple of them, under your main Chrome tab. The heavy memory usage is not from a single Chrome process, which means there's a Chrome service regardless the web page loaded. 

image.png.2707d0a530b3f5a465aa17e610df81b0.png

As the errors indicate, they are 404 (Not found) errors. These errors cannot overload your memory, as the Grammarly scripts were not loaded. If there was a timeout, it could overload the memory for few seconds.

is there crypto mining in the background?

Not on Fiverr's side. But it's possible to run a crypto mining service on your side, if you are not careful enough.

9 hours ago, kingpirux said:

there are small windows poping out, small as a finger, since i have blocked all types of popups they are open as windows and can't be hidden

ADWARE ALERT! Just try reinstalling your browser. If the issue still persists, simply reinstall Windows. Your problem will be solved.

20 hours ago, grayprogrammerz said:

Fiverr stopped supporting grammarly many months ago

Don't spread false information. Fiverr still uses Grammarly in text editors.

• Like 3

19 hours ago, grayprogrammerz said:

Its not false. Check source

Can you point out at which page Fiverr uses grammarly ?

Screenshot2024-05-11140108.png.270a58fee14ac864d1ae56cc0835b37e.pngScreenshot2024-05-10173645.png.b247171014f892f4fccb06b272678289.png

It's still available on the Order Page,. Browser fetch their JavaScript library, and the Grammerly button is still active (hidden under HTML).

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

42 minutes ago, creativecolumn said:

Screenshot2024-05-11140108.png.270a58fee14ac864d1ae56cc0835b37e.pngScreenshot2024-05-10173645.png.b247171014f892f4fccb06b272678289.png

It's still available on the Order Page,. Browser fetch their JavaScript library, and the Grammerly button is still active (hidden under HTML).

yes I can see icon on order page and I was wrong

Sorry for misunderstanding

Mostly I use inbox. I remember now, I disabled icon on order page long ago, so didn't realized.

• Like 3

• 3 weeks later...
On 5/10/2024 at 3:52 PM, donnovan86 said:

A fresh, complete reinstall of Chrome would be ideal, or maybe you can try this with another browser too.

same problem in Brave, Chrome and Edge, all updated and clean. I still have that bug and i can't be on the order page for too much if using the battery. maybe you have the same problem but you are not using a gaming laptop, the heat is there.

On 5/10/2024 at 9:23 PM, creativecolumn said:

Yes, but the CPU overloading issue is not related to that. As I could see, there are multiple Chrome processes available under your main Chrome process. In technical terms (I prefer not to use them, but anyway) a single Chrome process means a separate Chrome extension, a Notification service, Adware, or a Chromedriver service. So you have multiple of them, under your main Chrome tab. The heavy memory usage is not from a single Chrome process, which means there's a Chrome service regardless the web page loaded. 

As the errors indicate, they are 404 (Not found) errors. These errors cannot overload your memory, as the Grammarly scripts were not loaded. If there was a timeout, it could overload the memory for few seconds.

Not on Fiverr's side. But it's possible to run a crypto mining service on your side, if you are not careful enough.

ADWARE ALERT! Just try reinstalling your browser. If the issue still persists, simply reinstall Windows. Your problem will be solved.

Don't spread false information. Fiverr still uses Grammarly in text editors.

no, its ONLY AND SPECIFFICALLY ONLY on the fiverr's order page, not happening anywhere else, not in any other kind of webpage, tryed already with several explorers and all of them have the same problem, if you have an order open it will start to overheat. is only happening in the specific case of one orders page, where you write to your client, is not happening in any other part of fiverr.

5 hours ago, kingpirux said:

same problem in Brave, Chrome and Edge, all updated and clean. I still have that bug and i can't be on the order page for too much if using the battery. maybe you have the same problem but you are not using a gaming laptop, the heat is there.

All of those are Chromium based though. So there might be a Chromium related bug that you are dealing with. Have you tried Firefox? As far as I know, that's not Chromium based. Clearly it's a local issue anyway because I, for one, don't encounter this issue.

• 3 weeks later...
On 5/30/2024 at 2:30 AM, donnovan86 said:

All of those are Chromium based though. So there might be a Chromium related bug that you are dealing with. Have you tried Firefox? As far as I know, that's not Chromium based. Clearly it's a local issue anyway because I, for one, don't encounter this issue.

I am experiencing the same problem. The resource consumption of my laptop spikes to over 90% when I'm on the order page (where I interact with clients). Initially, I suspected that some Chrome add-on might be causing issues with Fiverr, so I tried using a different browser, Firefox, which doesn't have any add-ons, but the problem persists. In my case, my operating system is Ubuntu 22.  This is very inconvenient as the high resource consumption of the web page often impacts other programs I am working with.

• 2 months later...

Hello everyone

A few days ago, I made a discovery that could be helpful in addressing the high CPU resource consumption in the activity window of an order. I noticed that in my case, CPU usage spikes dramatically from 10% to 90% just by changing the resolution of the tab where I have the Fiverr platform open.

Specifically, this increase occurs when the width of the window exceeds 839px. I’ve tested this using Chrome's inspector and also similarly in Firefox, and I consistently see the same result: once the width reaches 840px, CPU usage skyrockets.

I hope this information can help in finding a solution to this issue. I also hope that someone from Fiverr can look into this, as my temporary solution is to keep the Fiverr tab at a lower resolution to avoid impacting the performance of other programs while I use the platform.

I am having the same issue. CPU usage spikes when I am on the order pages. To clarify, this ONLY happens on order pages. Other parts of the website is fine. I don't think we can do anything. It is up to Fiverr to optimize the order pages.