How do I improve my Success score?

harperjohn

Question

I am beginning to doubt that I am actually able to have any influence on my own success score. Since the new level system went live I've had 18 orders, 3 buyers did not leave reviews, and the other 15 buyers left 5-star reviews. In total, I have 202 5-star reviews. I have gotten three 4.7 star reviews and have NEVER gotten less than that. So I pretty much get 5-star reviews 99.9% of the time. 

Fiverr claims that my Success Score is a Level 6 and I need to improve "communication" and "client satisfaction". I see other Sellers in the same field as me with 4.9 star ratings and they're level 2 sellers, while I sit stuck in back in level 1 seller ever since the rules changed. 

Please don't reply to this thread with some generic "buyers leave feedback that is unknown" or "the score is determined by a number of different factors" comment. I need some kind of tangible explanation. How on earth does all my success on this platform determine me to be a Level 6? And why is it that buyers are seemingly loving my work but there's somehow this unknown aspect they don't tell me? It doesn't make any sense. 

And I've seen the affects of this. I just can't make money on this platform like I used to. Before the changes, if I worked hard and stayed available, I could get more and more messages, buyers, etc. Now it's up and down constantly. The attached image shows exactly what I mean. I am consistent in 5-star reviews, happy customers, and repeat buyers. But somehow my Gig performance is the exact opposite of consistent. 

So what do I have to do? How many buyers have to be satisfied until this algorithm determining my Success Score agrees? I am at a complete loss. I have a day job and have worked tirelessly for two years, up to 60 hours a week sometimes to sustain this side job. I saw nothing less than continued growth on this platform until the rules changed and suddenly everything was pulled out from under me. Before the change I could make $2k/mo if I stayed available for the whole month and that number was continuing to go up. Now I am lucky if I can sniff $1k in a month. 

This is having a real life impact on my life. I thought I had actually managed to find a way to make money doing what I love. Now I'm questioning everything. I am having to rethink my entire life because I no longer have sustainable income. My day job keeps me paycheck to paycheck and Fiverr used to be my way to have an actual savings or have money for emergencies. 

I don't know how else to say it but this just isn't fair. I am at a loss.  Please help. How can I improve my success score?Screenshot2024-05-05at9_23_41AM.png.8a5afc0994cdc8bcbc8fd0c477af47ac.png

• Like 24
  • Sad 1
  • Up 8

8 answers to this question

Hello, John. No one knows. There are exceedingly long forum threads with people who are just as lost as you that I could link you to, but it probably wouldn't be beneficial to you. It's a bunch of sellers venting and spinning in circles with conflicting information provided by staff, Success Managers, and Customer Service splashed in here and there. This is likely why no one replied to you, even though you've been seen.

I could link you to the same documentation linked to in the success score area of our profiles, but if the consensus is what seems to be reflected in the forum then it wouldn't be very helpful and you might have already seen it, anyway.

I'll note that there are even people who have 'good' scores after the updates who are not getting the exposure that they used to.

It's a poo poo show.

• Like 29
  • Sad 1
  • Thanks 1

On 5/20/2024 at 8:43 PM, kaysanuddin50 said:

To raise your Fiverr seller success score:

1. Optimize Gig Quality: Make sure your gig descriptions are clear, appealing, and true to your offerings.
  2. Produce High-Quality Work: Fulfill or surpass clients' expectations by regularly offering exceptional service.
  3. On-Time Deliveries: To keep up a positive credibility, deliver orders on time every time.
  4. Positive Communication: Throughout the order process, stay in friendly and clear communication with buyers.
  5. Quick Responses: Questions and messages from prospective customers should be answered as soon as possible.
  6. Stay Active: Remain active on the platform.
  7. Maintain Fiverr's Policies: To avoid penalties, abide by Fiverr's terms of service and community standards.

It's very helpful. Thanks for sharing this

• Like 20

On 5/26/2024 at 9:36 AM, sujonmadbor said:

Fiverr's Success Score is a metric that reflects your overall performance as a seller. Here's how you can improve it:

Focus on the Six Key Areas:

Fiverr considers six key areas to determine your Success Score:

Client Satisfaction: This includes factors like positive feedback and revisions needed.
Effective Communication: Be responsive, and helpful, and set clear expectations throughout the project.
Conflict-Free Orders: Avoid disputes and maintain a professional demeanor.
Order Cancellations: Minimize cancellations by managing expectations and clear communication.
Delivery Time: Deliver projects on time or ideally, a bit early if possible.
Value for Money: Ensure your pricing reflects the quality and effort you deliver.

IF I HAVE NEGETIVE IMPACT FROM THIS CRITERIAS HOW LONG DOES IT TAKES TO RESTABLISH MY SUCCESS SCORE PLEASE?

• Like 2

Posted (edited)

To raise your Fiverr seller success score:

1. Optimize Gig Quality: Make sure your gig descriptions are clear, appealing, and true to your offerings.
  2. Produce High-Quality Work: Fulfill or surpass clients' expectations by regularly offering exceptional service.
  3. On-Time Deliveries: To keep up a positive credibility, deliver orders on time every time.
  4. Positive Communication: Throughout the order process, stay in friendly and clear communication with buyers.
  5. Quick Responses: Questions and messages from prospective customers should be answered as soon as possible.
  6. Stay Active: Remain active on the platform.
  7. Maintain Fiverr's Policies: To avoid penalties, abide by Fiverr's terms of service and community standards.
Edited by kaysanuddin50
  • Like 24

Fiverr's Success Score is a metric that reflects your overall performance as a seller. Here's how you can improve it:

Focus on the Six Key Areas:

Fiverr considers six key areas to determine your Success Score:

Client Satisfaction: This includes factors like positive feedback and revisions needed.
Effective Communication: Be responsive, and helpful, and set clear expectations throughout the project.
Conflict-Free Orders: Avoid disputes and maintain a professional demeanor.
Order Cancellations: Minimize cancellations by managing expectations and clear communication.
Delivery Time: Deliver projects on time or ideally, a bit early if possible.
Value for Money: Ensure your pricing reflects the quality and effort you deliver.

• Like 16