What happens to a gig score if buyers do not add reviews under the new system?

dponzio

Question

A couple of my gigs often do not get a public score from buyers, as I believe that such gigs are readily available works that it's easier to purchase and deliver. 

They just buy them and forget about it, although I send at least one follow up message to make sure that they are okay with their purchase, and ask if they have any questions.

In such case, what happens to the scoring of such gigs? Does anyone know? Thanks for your kind advice. 😉

• Like 5

5 answers to this question

Posted (edited)
3 hours ago, dponzio said:

A couple of my gigs often do not get a public score from buyers, as I believe that such gigs are readily available works that it's easier to purchase and deliver. 

They just buy them and forget about it, although I send at least one follow up message to make sure that they are okay with their purchase, and ask if they have any questions.

In such case, what happens to the scoring of such gigs? Does anyone know? Thanks for your kind advice. 😉

Reviews are important so you should do what you can to get them. You can include a request to leave feedback in your follow-ups, just make sure it doesn't in any way come across as a request for positive feedback. 🙂 

If your competitors are getting reviews and you're not, that could put you at a disadvantage.

Edited by smashradio
  • Like 5

4 minutes ago, uk1000 said:

Though I thought private reviews were at least valuable or more to Fiverr for the stats so getting one of those could be just as okay to the system (eg. the buyer satisfaction rate is more likely made up (or mostly) of stats from private ratings). Maybe the message asking for feedback could say they could leave private feedback if they didn't want to leave the public review. Though for the things buyers in general see then the public reviews will help if they're positive (or a few negative ones could also be okay as long as there's not too many and they're replied to well by the seller).

When I mentioned reviews, I was talking about both the public and private. But Fiverr's already bugging buyers enough, so I usually just keep it general and ask for feedback overall. If you start singling out private feedback, I bet the buyers who aren't keen on leaving public reviews would be the ones more likely to leave negative feedback. So I just keep it simple and ask for feedback in general.  

• Like 6

13 hours ago, smashradio said:

Reviews are important so you should do what you can to get them. You can include a request to leave feedback in your follow-ups, just make sure it doesn't in any way come across as a request for positive feedback. 🙂 

If your competitors are getting reviews and you're not, that could put you at a disadvantage.

Sounds a bit nightmarish but thank you for your inputs. As said, I customarily message my buyers after delivery and completion to encourage them sharing their views and questions and, considering that Fiverr solicits them via several emails, I would leave it at that. I am confident that I haven't done anything wrong, after all! If the system punishes me for other people's actions or lack of, well.... I can still move on with my life😉

• Like 4

Posted (edited)

I think I now have an answer, at least partially - gigs can be rated even in the absence of public reviews.

One of the gigs for which buyers never shared their public feedback as it is so easy to buy and deliver, now appears to have a 3 score, with negative impact on "effective communication". I reviewed my communications with such buyers and could not find any issue.

Except that, when the most recent buyer tried to obtain my services for free, I duly reported his message, but without having any controversy in our conversation. He then decided to purchase the gig. 

Do you think that reporting as suggested by Fiverr can affect our gig score?

Edited by dponzio
  • Like 4

Posted (edited)
16 minutes ago, smashradio said:

Though I thought private reviews were at least valuable or more to Fiverr for the stats so getting one of those could be just as okay to the system (eg. the buyer satisfaction rate is more likely made up (or mostly) of stats from private ratings). Maybe the message asking for feedback could say they could leave private feedback if they didn't want to leave the public review. Though for the things buyers in general see then the public reviews will help if they're positive (or a few negative ones could also be okay as long as there's not too many and they're replied to well by the seller).

Edited by uk1000
  • Like 6