A single cancellation from 2018 is causing a STRONG NEGATIVE IMPACT !

Hello,
I just saw that I have a "strong negative impact" for "order cancellations" on one of my gigs, even though I've only had 3 cancellations in 7 years out of nearly 400 orders.

Here are the details of the cancellations:

January 2024: The client cancelled the order via the resolution center, stating "I was too fast with ordering" before submitting their requirements. On the order page, Fiverr wrote, "The cancellation will not affect any of your seller statistics as XXXXX cancelled the order before sending their requirements."

January 2021: The order was cancelled by Customer Support because the client didn't submit their requirements and was contacting me via 2 different accounts. Fiverr wrote to me: "The order FOXXXXX has been canceled and left out of your Order Completion Rate."

February 2018: I cancelled the order because the client had only paid for one product, but had asked me to work on 4 products.

The two most recent cancellations do not count in my statistics. There's no doubt since it's Fiverr who wrote it!

This means that it's only ONE cancellation, which occurred 6 YEARS AGO, that is causing a strong negative impact. You can't imagine how disgusted I am to see this kind of nonsense!

Cancellations Strong negative impact stat.JPG

Cancellations Strong negative left out order completion rate.JPG

Cancellations Strong negative impact gig.JPG

Cancellations Strong negative impact.JPG

Edited by carineb
  • Like 5
  • Sad 2
  • Up 1

2 hours ago, carineb said:

The two most recent cancellations do not count in my statistics. There's no doubt since it's Fiverr who wrote it!

Guess what? Fiverr lied to you. All cancellations are affecting your success score at the moment. And most likely the one that affect your score is cancellation from 2024. 
they admitted on the forum that it’s a mistake and they promised to fix it before the system officially will be rolled out. But like everything with Fiverr of course it wasn’t fixed in time. 

• Like 7
  • Up 5

Technically, they fixed our 'order completion rates' and assured that 'it will not affect your seller statistics'. 

But they never mentioned/promised that it wasn't affecting our gig performance. I always felt that cancellations used to hurt our gigs for 60 days (that negative number on our app dashboard). I used to wait for it to disappear. 

But now they can hurt our gigs and success score for perpetuity!! 🫠

They weren't lying but we assumed that artificially fixed stats made us immune to any side effects of cancellations. 

PS I'm not taking their side, I have negative cancellation effect my gig too! 🥲

• Like 6
  • Up 2

I have "Order cancellations" showing as "Room for growth" on a gig that has only 1 cancellation (and Fiverr CS just confirmed today that this is not being counted towards my Success Score - this order was in "incomplete status" for months because I never got the order requirements, so I eventually canceled it). When I asked why I had "Order cancellations" showing as "Room for growth," Fiverr CS told me that my history is being compared to other freelancers in the same category/pricing and then suggested that I improve my communication by visiting the Communication Best Practices hub. This answer doesn't provide much clarity but it's probably the best answer CS can give us.

• Like 5
  • Sad 4

27 minutes ago, vickieito said:

this order was in "incomplete status" for months because I never got the order requirements

I have had ~10 of them since ancient times but 2 years ago Fiverr started to cancel them without even sending a notification (I can see it only in the app, where it shows the number of canceled orders). 

This January, they silently removed 4 of them, and I had no requests for around 2 weeks. I had perfect 100% stats, but their algorithm considers every cancelation as something terrible. 

Now, there are only 2 left (both buyers were banned immediately after placing an order), and I am patiently waiting for another punishment for something that is out of my control. 

And this is still my favorite (he placed 3 orders at once and canceled all of them):

2024-04-23_11-44-00.png.b3a9ada64b1336123e6bf7f2481a1bc5.png

Edited by vovkaslovesnyy
  • Like 3
  • Sad 7

What's incredible and makes no sense at all is that this "strong negative impact" has only just appeared.
This key area has been neither "room for growth" nor "negative impact" since the launch of the success score.

And all of a sudden, without any logic, they start :
- considering that a cancellation in 2018 weighs more heavily than the hundreds of orders finalized on this gig
- counting cancellations "with no effect on our stats" as cancellations that must penalize us.

Thanks for the big slap in the face!

• Like 5
  • Sad 1

5 hours ago, mariashtelle1 said:

most likely the one that affect your score is cancellation from 2024. 

They claim to use only stats for the past 2 years, so @mariashtelle1 is 99.999999999999999% right.

3 minutes ago, carineb said:

What's incredible and makes no sense at all is that this "strong negative impact" has only just appeared.

There was a wave of outrage when they launched it. So, they removed it for about a month (I had several gigs with "---" score). 

As I can see, they simply returned everything in mid-April (with slight changes). 

Edited by vovkaslovesnyy
  • Like 10

Posted (edited)
6 hours ago, mariashtelle1 said:

And most likely the one that affect your score is cancellation from 2024. 

I asked CS today and they said:

I checked your orders and those orders do not affect your Order Completion Rate.

This therefore means that the one which affects my score is that of 2018. However, a few days ago I had no negative impact for this key area!

Either their calculation is completely screwed up, or it includes something other than cancellations.

Edited by carineb
  • Like 3
  • Sad 3

41 minutes ago, carineb said:

Either their calculation is completely screwed up, or it includes something other than cancellations.

It seems like their calculations are screwed up -- but at the end of the day, those cancellations are having no impact on our profile. I have 19 cancellations on my profile (mostly all fulfilled by customer support) - but they are not affecting my profile in any way. Plus, your Success Score confirms that those cancellations have no impact – otherwise that number wouldn't be a perfect 10. So, I assume their calculations are messed up only in the frontend - but in the backend, those cancellations have no impact on our profile and the customer support is not lying.

Probably, it is not possible for them to fulfill those numbers in the frontend (since it is something calculated by AI) and they can only prevent the negative impact. We can only assume things but come on, we can all agree that a profile having a negative impact can not be on a success score of 10. So, maybe, it's just the frontend calculations that are buggy - or wrong -- but in the backend, everything's perfect!

• Like 3

This is a textbook case of Fiverr screwing us over and then having the audacity to charge us for the fix. 

1. Anyone can place an order without contacting you first, increasing the risk of cancellations. 
  2. Every cancellation has the potential to kill your business entirely.
  3. If you just pay for Seller Plus Premium, you get access to RTO, giving you a modicum of control. 

Unethical – yes. But effective.

Edited by smashradio
  • Like 6
  • Up 5

3 hours ago, carineb said:

asked CS today and they said:

I checked your orders and those orders do not affect your Order Completion Rate.

And as per my first message: FIVERR LIED TO YOU. CS is trained to send copy pasted messages and the reality is all cancelled orders are affecting you. Even if Fiverr says it doesn’t. They admitted that there is a mistake in coding that cancellations are taken into account but CS is only trained to repeat the very same thing as always that it doesn’t affect you. 

• Like 3
  • Up 7

I had a client ask me to cancel an order, with no reason, before I delivered anything. They said if I had started already, then I could continue, but otherwise they would rather cancel.

I hadn't started, and thought it would be best to cancel, as a client that says that will probably not leave good feedback. But the cancelation was clearly not my fault in any way.

I specifically asked support if it would affect SS. They said they could manually remove the impact, and confirmed they had done so.

They straight up lied to me. This must be illegal.

When confronted about the message bellow, after I saw that I was affected, they backtracked, and went with the "ah, we don't know how long it will take to get cleared".

It's a month later, and cancelations still show as strong negative impact on the gig - and this is the only cancelation that gig ever had.

There's no ifs or buts - Fiverr support are liars, and someone must face consequences.

Screenshot 2024-04-12 at 17.59.16.png

Edited by visualstudios
  • Like 7
  • Up 2

22 minutes ago, visualstudios said:

There's no ifs or buts - Fiverr support are liars, and someone must face consequences.

We should get everyone together and send a joint letter to Fiverr (leadership level), signed by as many sellers as possible. 

Edited by smashradio
  • Like 3

2 minutes ago, smashradio said:

We should get everyone together and send a joint letter to Fiverr (leadership level)

They will straight toss it to the bin. They are listed company and the only way they start changing things if authorities will start looking into their “lies” 

• Like 3
  • Up 2

7 minutes ago, smashradio said:

We should get everyone together and send a joint letter to Fiverr (leadership level), signed by as many sellers as possible. 

They won't care about that in the least.

You know what they would care about? Public pressure. Imagine if someone with a lot of reach (say, a youtuber with 10M+ subscribers) did a video exposing this kind of behaviour. They would start listening real fast.

Edited by visualstudios
  • Like 3
  • Up 2

image.png.e050521bff67fd2c2bb0a3a002e3f2e3.png

No they didn't - that order is still in your analytics and therefore is still in the database.  That is why it's still affecting your gig stats. 

CS, by the way, is trained to be a human shield between us sellers  and managerial level - y'no, those people who can actually *do* anything about any of our complaints.  No point blaming them - they're doing as they're told.

• Like 2
  • Up 6

Guys, 

What do you all think about this video? Buyers change their briefs or mind all the time but now there can be a communication gap between them & AI brief bot!!! 

What is the likelihood of getting a cancellation or bad review, when we deliver work for a brief written by AI?? 🥲

• Like 3

8 hours ago, visualstudios said:

They won't care about that in the least.

You know what they would care about? Public pressure. Imagine if someone with a lot of reach (say, a youtuber with 10M+ subscribers) did a video exposing this kind of behaviour. They would start listening real fast.

Yeah but I'm not about to go make bad PR against Fiverr. I draw the limit at snarky forum posts.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

So....even with a strong negative impact your "success" score is still at 10? What? Excuse me? Fiverr that's not how this WORKS!!! 

Is Todd running Fiverr now or something? 

Edited by ssj1236
  • Like 2

5 hours ago, ssj1236 said:

So....even with a strong negative impact your "success" score is still at 10? What? Excuse me? Fiverr that's not how this WORKS!!! 

Most likely because the other stats are very good. And it's just one cancellation, I assume having more would matter. But yeah, avoiding cancellations at all costs is crucial. 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, ssj1236 said:

Is Todd running Fiverr now or something? 

Exactly! And that's what's so annoying.
This “strong negative impact” appeared a few days ago. I only had 3 orders this month (all without conflict). I don't know why it appeared and Fiverr can't tell me.

The rating of this gig is 4.97. I'm TRS, Pro (without having asked to be part of it) and very often Fiverr Choice, but maybe with their way of calculating I'll end up at level 0 in a few days. Who knows? Not me, not you, not Fiverr, because they can't explain where this “strong negative impact” comes from. The only thing they can do is tell me to avoid cancellations and refer me to their success score explanation pages. I haven't had any real cancellations on this gig since 2018. Do you really think I need to read their blabla pages 10 times?

I get the feeling that when you do a good job, Fiverr is still looking for a way to punish you by digging into what you did wrong 6 years ago.

• Like 1
  • Sad 2
  • Up 2