How Do I Use My Balance to Pay for a New Gig?

josephjyoung

• 6 months later...
  • 1 year later...

This is a dishonest way to put more money in fiverr’s pocket. I should be able to use my fiverr balance towards another gig even if the balance is less than the new gig order. I was a fan of fiverr up to this point but I must say this is not good business and they should be ashamed of being so greedy.

• 1 month later...

This is what happened to me. I canceled order b/c the vendor was not responding. Then the amount that hit my account was $4. I couldn’t buy with that b/c the minimum of Fiverr gig is $5. After a long period of time I ordered a gig and the vendor canceled it. Now I have $9 in my Fiverr balance. I asked a vendor to create a custom offer for $ 9 so I may be able to use all my balance. He created a custom gig for $8.

Now I wanted to order and the system is taking me to pay via Paypal. Now this is unfair. The total amount of money needed is 8.50 b/c there is a 0.50 fee of Fiverr. Then why can’t I pay with my Fiverr balance??

• 4 months later...

I placed a gig for a website development, with a wireframe of what it should look like, I got several bids and I choose one and his work so far has been sub-standard. The website he build doesn’t look anywhere like the wireframe one we have. The money $150 is in Fiverr escrow so my understanding is when the work is complete, I release the fund to the developer. The developer is asking me to release the fund before he has completed the work.This is my first experience, what’s the proper procedure? If I release the fund i.e. he gets paid, then what incentive does he have to complete the work the way as we specified. He has put a very generic website for us and done a poor job so far and I am reluctant to release any fund until he completes the site as we specified. Need some advice! Thanks

Archived