Using someone else's Music in Gig Video/ Re-Use of denied Gig Content

abdullahakram70

Question

Hi there, recently my gig, which was performing well, got denied. I noticed that after adding a video with music from someone else, my gig was denied. Can anyone clarify if using someone else's music/sound in a gig intro video can lead to gig denial?

Additionally, I'd like to confirm if I can reuse the same gig description, pictures, title, and keywords from the denied gig if I decide to delete it, or if I need to use something different. Your suggestions and input from all will be greatly appreciated. Thank you. 

• Like 3

2 answers to this question

3 hours ago, abdullahakram70 said:

Hi there, recently my gig, which was performing well, got denied. I noticed that after adding a video with music from someone else, my gig was denied. Can anyone clarify if using someone else's music/sound in a gig intro video can lead to gig denial?

Absolutely, it can. You need to hold the rights to use all the content in your gig, including images, videos, and music. If you don’t own the rights, you can’t use it. That doesn’t mean you can’t use music from other artists, but you do need the proper rights to do so. For example, the music in my gig videos is either purchased/licensed or used in productions where I have the appropriate permissions.

3 hours ago, abdullahakram70 said:

Additionally, I'd like to confirm if I can reuse the same gig description, pictures, title, and keywords from the denied gig if I decide to delete it, or if I need to use something different. Your suggestions and input from all will be greatly appreciated. Thank you. 

You can, unless those elements were part of the reason your gig was denied initially. If they were copied from someone else, then the answer would be no.

• Like 3