How to Use Social Media to Promote Your Freelance Business

When promoting on social media, always remember every platform is different. And therefore, your gig promos have to match the platform you're using at the time. What works for Instagram, might not 'pop' on Twitter. And vice versa.

• Like 10

On 4/18/2024 at 10:02 PM, Kesha said:

Harnessing the potential of social media can greatly benefit your Fiverr freelance business by showcasing expertise, connecting you with potential clients, and driving sales. To get the most of your efforts on social media, you’ll need to take a strategic and consistent approach. Here are our key tips for leveraging social media effectively to promote your freelance services.

Establish a Strong Online Presence
Treat your online presence as your virtual business card, prioritizing professionalism while highlighting your expertise and personality. Use a high-quality profile picture and craft a compelling bio highlighting your services. To ensure easy recognition try to maintain consistency in your username and branding across all platforms. 

Showcase Visuals
Go beyond telling potential clients about your skills–show them! Think of creative ways to share visual examples whether it’s with images, graphics or videos. Highlight your best projects and successes, and consider sharing case studies or success stories. Before-and-afters, behind-the-scenes, and other project highlights are also other great content ideas for showing your audience what you do.

Engage and Network
Engaging with your audience is crucial. Respond to comments and messages, join discussions with others in your niche, and provide valuable insights to build meaningful connections. These interactions not only humanize your brand but also demonstrate your dedication to providing top-notch service. 

Provide Value Beyond Promotion
Avoid the pitfall of solely posting to promote your services. Offer valuable content to your audience, such as tips, industry news, or educational material presented in an engaging manner. This not only establishes your authority but can also attract new followers who may convert into clients over time.

Utilize Hashtags and Keywords
Expand your reach by using relevant hashtags and keywords. Research industry-specific terms and trending hashtags to ensure your content reaches the right audience. Incorporate these strategically to increase visibility and attract potential clients actively seeking your services.

Tailor Content for Different Platforms
Understand the unique characteristics and audience preferences of each social media platform. Tailor your approach accordingly, considering factors like LinkedIn's professional audience or Instagram's visual appeal. Adapting to each platform's nuances enhances engagement and widens your reach.

Social media can significantly enhance your freelance business. By following these tips, you can make sure your time on the platforms pays off by attracting more potential clients and increasing your sales.

I posted on various platforms, but the impression of my gig's didn't improve. What should I do?

• Like 10

On 4/23/2024 at 12:22 PM, teamandromeda said:

It´s a good one! Posting content about your gigs 3-5/day on your socials can work. But this requires some time and strategy. Gary Vee is a good example, he just sat for years posting daily a videos on YouTube with his wine library tv and no one was paying attention to him and then suddenly he got noticed. And still this wasn´t an overnight success. So you have to love your gigs a lot and find your tribe that gets inspired by you & your work. Goodluck. 

Love Gary Vee! Your example reminds me of this graphic. It's true. Effective social media marketing requires a long-game approach. Results may take time but once the seeds start flourishing, it'll be worth it.  

what-people-see.jpg.6fac2817463274e675fe06f67c266409.jpg

• Like 9

1 hour ago, ghoshradhe said:

I posted on various platforms, but the impression of my gig's didn't improve. What should I do?

Hi @ghoshradhe! If you're doing ALL the steps that I mentioned above you may just have to remain consistent and patient as it can take time to truly build momentum. 

• Like 8

On 4/23/2024 at 5:58 PM, nickj2013 said:

When promoting on social media, always remember every platform is different. And therefore, your gig promos have to match the platform you're using at the time. What works for Instagram, might not 'pop' on Twitter. And vice versa.

💯

• Like 9

Thanks for sharing these valuable tips! Establishing a strong online presence and engaging with the audience are indeed crucial for success on social media. Looking forward to implementing these strategies to boost my freelance business on Fiverr!

• Like 10

On 4/18/2024 at 10:02 PM, Kesha said:

Harnessing the potential of social media can greatly benefit your Fiverr freelance business by showcasing expertise, connecting you with potential clients, and driving sales. To get the most of your efforts on social media, you’ll need to take a strategic and consistent approach. Here are our key tips for leveraging social media effectively to promote your freelance services.

Treat your online presence as your virtual business card, prioritizing professionalism while highlighting your expertise and personality. Use a high-quality profile picture and craft a compelling bio highlighting your services. To ensure easy recognition try to maintain consistency in your username and branding across all platforms. 

Showcase Visuals
Go beyond telling potential clients about your skills–show them! Think of creative ways to share visual examples whether it’s with images, graphics or videos. Highlight your best projects and successes, and consider sharing case studies or success stories. Before-and-afters, behind-the-scenes, and other project highlights are also other great content ideas for showing your audience what you do.

Engage and Network
Engaging with your audience is crucial. Respond to comments and messages, join discussions with others in your niche, and provide valuable insights to build meaningful connections. These interactions not only humanize your brand but also demonstrate your dedication to providing top-notch service. 

Avoid the pitfall of solely posting to promote your services. Offer valuable content to your audience, such as tips, industry news, or educational material presented in an engaging manner. This not only establishes your authority but can also attract new followers who may convert into clients over time.

Expand your reach by using relevant hashtags and keywords. Research industry-specific terms and trending hashtags to ensure your content reaches the right audience. Incorporate these strategically to increase visibility and attract potential clients actively seeking your services.

Understand the unique characteristics and audience preferences of each social media platform. Tailor your approach accordingly, considering factors like LinkedIn's professional audience or Instagram's visual appeal. Adapting to each platform's nuances enhances engagement and widens your reach.

Social media can significantly enhance your freelance business. By following these tips, you can make sure your time on the platforms pays off by attracting more potential clients and increasing your sales.

Thanks a lot for providing this valuable information. It will be very helpful to me and others. 👌

• Like 9

• 2 weeks later...
On 4/18/2024 at 9:02 AM, Kesha said:

Showcase Visuals

Engage and Network

To be sincere this is a great advantage of marketing our service, but the only problem is that it is strictly against fiverr TOS.

• Like 5

I once tried advertising my gigs within Facebook groups, but soon found that it was filled with scams. I also tried doing the same within Twitter. While it did not directly help me increase the number of orders, I did discover it has potential as a platform for connecting with fellow freelancers who have already succeeded and who can provide you with tips. I liked that about Twitter as it offers a space to grow a community with other people who share similar goals or interests.

Other than that, I am a bit skeptical about the efficacy of promoting gigs on social media. In my view, quality clients (such as Fiverr Select Buyers or Enterprise Clients) are normally already acquainted with Fiverr platform. So why would you go outside Fiverr to advertise your gigs? While there is a chance of attracting new quality clients unfamiliar with Fiverr, there is an equal risk of inviting in scammers.

• Like 7

9 hours ago, agonza1101 said:

I once tried advertising my gigs within Facebook groups, but soon found that it was filled with scams. I also tried doing the same within Twitter. While it did not directly help me increase the number of orders, I did discover it has potential as a platform for connecting with fellow freelancers who have already succeeded and who can provide you with tips. I liked that about Twitter as it offers a space to grow a community with other people who share similar goals or interests.

Other than that, I am a bit skeptical about the efficacy of promoting gigs on social media. In my view, quality clients (such as Fiverr Select Buyers or Enterprise Clients) are normally already acquainted with Fiverr platform. So why would you go outside Fiverr to advertise your gigs? While there is a chance of attracting new quality clients unfamiliar with Fiverr, there is an equal risk of inviting in scammers.

For advertising your gigs, I would advice you to use a professional platform like LinkedIn. It is a social media platform that deals with professionals.

• Like 9

On 4/26/2024 at 8:15 PM, Kesha said:

Love Gary Vee! Your example reminds me of this graphic. It's true. Effective social media marketing requires a long-game approach. Results may take time but once the seeds start flourishing, it'll be worth it.  

what-people-see.jpg.6fac2817463274e675fe06f67c266409.jpg

I totally agreed with this. Everyone has to have this to be successful.

• Like 8

Use your social media like a selling machine. Don't post your service directly on any social media. Write me some helpful articles about your service then share your gig inside the article

• Like 5

On 5/12/2024 at 10:11 AM, raff_cv said:

To be sincere this is a great advantage of marketing our service, but the only problem is that it is strictly against fiverr TOS.

Hi! Marketing your gigs on social media does not go against our TOS. In fact, we encourage it! 🙌

• Like 5

Posted (edited)
On 4/18/2024 at 12:02 PM, Kesha said:

Showcase Visuals

Engage and Network

other Fiverr sellers have responded to this in the past by saying:
Why should I do that with the Fiverr service when it is possible to do the same thing by directly linking to a service page on a personal website? so as to save the 20% Fiverr fee...

Hey, it's not me saying these things, but they are the voices of other sellers who have responded in the past.

I think most Fiverr sellers expect Fiverr to give traffic directly to Fiverr sellers' gigs...

Edited by venonusa
  • Like 6

On 5/12/2024 at 10:35 AM, agonza1101 said:

You make some good points! Advertising on social media comes with some hits and misses. Rather than solely focusing on promotion, it's more effective to position yourself as an expert or thought leader in your field. Clients may not come just because your "Gig" sounds appealing but. However, they're more likely to hire you if you can establish trust with them and showcase your expertise through valuable content, examples, and case studies. 

• Like 6

On 5/12/2024 at 10:47 AM, arafatcoco said:

Is there any possibility to get buyer after promoting my gigs on social media. And how fiverr will be able to know i have got an order after sharing my gigs on social media.

Hi! Yes, it is possible to get buyers from social media promotion. Fiverr doesn't keep track of the source from where your buyer comes from.  It's important to note, however, that before placing an order on your Fiverr Gigs, your acquired buyer must register for a Fiverr account if they don't have one already. 

• Like 6

8 minutes ago, venonusa said:

other Fiverr sellers have responded to this in the past by saying:
Why should I do that with the Fiverr service when it is possible to do the same thing by directly linking to a service page on a personal website? so as to save the 20% Fiverr fee...

Hey, it's not me saying these things, but they are the voices of other sellers who have responded in the past.

I think most Fiverr sellers expect Fiverr to give traffic directly to Fiverr sellers' gigs...

Of course! Some sellers prefer managing their social media leads without involving Fiverr. While this is a viable option, many sellers prefer migrating their buyers to Fiverr for the added protection and assistance such as Customer Support mediation, fund protection, etc. It's all preference, of course!

• Like 6