AI-washing

smashradio

Be careful guys. If you don't agree with the AI gods, you'll get booted out of the forum. Emmaki and Newsmike both got bans for a week, and if you tell me it had nothing to do with their opposition against AI, you're already turned. 

There is no spoon.

• Like 4
  • Sad 7

I assume it should be okay for any forum member to post their disagreements about AI as long as it's done in an okay way and being careful how it's said - nothing against any forum rules etc.

• Like 5

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, uk1000 said:

I assume it should be okay for any forum member to post their disagreements about AI as long as it's done in an okay way and being careful how it's said - nothing against any forum rules etc.

It's easy to bend forum rules to fit your needs when you're in charge. Even the staff members are posting copypasta from GPT without citing the source or acknowledging it's AI-generated, so they clearly have no issue with breaking their own rules. I have little trust in  management's ability to apply the same standards to everyone. Mike, Emma, and I can be pretty snarky at times, I'll admit, but to my knowledge, they've never been banned for it until now. Yet just a few days after a staff member publicly "encourages" Emma to get in line with the AI rule of law on the forum, she gets banned. I don't believe for a second that it's just a coincidence.

Edited by smashradio
  • Like 4
  • Sad 6