Being asked by a buyer for my email address for payment, is this normal?

fendr63

Question

Hi,

I've been messaged by a potential customer to say they want to buy one of my services but are being asked for my email address for payment, I've not had this before and am reluctant to send them my email address in case it's a scam. My payment details are all correct and my email address is included on my billings page in my dashboard.

Should I send them my email or do you think it's a scam?

• Like 4

4 answers to this question

Hi @fendr63, sharing private info is not allowed, and it's a violation of our Terms of Service. Once the buyer places an order, the payment process will go automatically depending on the progress of the order. We ask all our users to report anyone who is violating our ToS. Please also make sure to read ToS and Forum Rules, just to make sure you know how to avoid any potential violations in the future, and if you have any account-related questions feel free to contact our Customer Support team. Hope this helps and good luck 🍀

• Like 3

Never contact or provide information to reach you outside of fiverr. It does not go with the community guidelines, thus end in account suspension.

Another good thing is, fiverr takes care the spams and the buyers and sellers remain verified and maintains authenticity. 

Happy freelancing.

• Like 3