My Seller account was closed by mistake

I got an email: 

We appreciate your interest in becoming a freelancer on Fiverr. To meet the growing demand for high-quality services from trustworthy freelancers, we have carefully considered your profile and service. Unfortunately, we cannot approve your seller profile at this time.

I've spent all day setting up my Gig. As I found out later, I made some mistakes, but these aren't big enough to close my seller account forever. I'm 100% sure, that my music is good enough, so it can't be rejected in because of its quality.
I asked support what's the reason, and they responded:

Unfortunately, this decision can’t be changed.
You're welcome to continue using Fiverr as a buyer.

What's wrong with you, Fiverr? Why don't you give me a chance to fix the mistakes? It's so callous and ruthless to get rid of any newcomers that make a mistake.

• Like 4
  • Sad 1

7 minutes ago, ahmad_freelancr said:

What were those mistakes exactly?

1) I've been creating my gig simultaneously with another artist, and we used in our descriptions some similar phrases, of course, it wasn't copy-paste, there were many differences. The artist created his Gig first, then I created it 10 minutes later.
2) I used an image from the internet (I double checked it was under a Creatives Commons license), seems like this can be an issue

But I don't see ANY reason why Fiverr may consider these mistakes irreversible. Why don't allow me to fix it?

• Like 3

7 minutes ago, mushramusic said:

1) I've been creating my gig simultaneously with another artist, and we used in our descriptions some similar phrases, of course, it wasn't copy-paste, there were many differences. The artist created his Gig first, then I created it 10 minutes later.
2) I used an image from the internet (I double checked it was under a Creatives Commons license), seems like this can be an issue

But I don't see ANY reason why Fiverr may consider these mistakes irreversible. Why don't allow me to fix it?

Seems fishy mate! How do you know 🤔 in first place that you're creating a gig exactly 10 minutes after some other seller. It clearly shows you are running two accounts.

And also you can't use any image or video if its not yours originally or you have a license to use one.

Creative Commons is a term used mostly on youtube's platform not on fiverr. Fiverr promotes originality!

• Like 3

1) Oh, come on. Your accusation is incorrect, the second artist is a different person, and he does art, not music, like me. I have only one account and don't see a reason to duplicate it. And that's why I'm fighting here to have a right to restore it, I don't want to create another one
2) About the image - if this is a real problem for Fiverr, why can't they notify me about the problem so I can fix it immediately? WHY CLOSE MY SELLER ACCOUNT COMPLETELY? I just can't understand. It's like you have only one try - one mistake and you lose forever. It's awful. And after all, I'm a composer, not an artist. My music won't become worse because of art taken from the internet. "Fiverr promotes originality!" - Haha, so that's why they automatically inspect my account by bots and close it in a second despite the fact of tons and tons of time and soul put into my music. Insanity

• Like 3

35 minutes ago, mushramusic said:

So you copied someone elses gig description and used an image from the web that's not unique and could have been used by multiple other sellers. That's your reason. 

• Like 5
  • Up 1

14 minutes ago, ahmad_freelancr said:

How do you know 🤔 in first place that you're creating a gig exactly 10 minutes after some other seller. 

Because I was helping him to create his account, why is it so suspicious for you? Two friends (artist and composer) can't create their accounts at the same time? We've been staying in contact while creating our accounts, and it took us a day to set it up. And now ALL that I have - a closed seller account, accusations of "fishy" makings, and NO useful info on how can I really convince support to help me 

• Like 3

Just now, smashradio said:

So you copied someone elses gig description and used an image from the web that's not unique and could have been used by multiple other sellers. That's your reason. 

Great, and as I said before, I know what mistakes I made. But could you please tell me how in the world I can restore at least the opportunity of creating new gigs? I'd be glad to make it right now. But support is so unsupportive, they aren't gonna help me

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, mushramusic said:

Great, and as I said before, I know what mistakes I made. But could you please tell me how in the world I can restore at least the opportunity of creating new gigs? I'd be glad to make it right now. But support is so unsupportive, they aren't gonna help me

Mate, if someone can help you regarding this matter its support!

Everyone here is either a seller or a buyer. 

Better contact them and explain your matter in detail and wait for their reply. 

• Like 3

Just now, mushramusic said:

I didn't say you weren't aware it was a mistake, now that you've made it. That's why I always make it a point to learn all I can about a platform before I get started. I read the rules, basically.

I can't tell you how to restore the opportunity of creating new gigs, because you can't.

Support has already told you their decision is final, and the team making those calls aren't the same ones answering your request. 

Like you mentioned, they're not going to help you out. I get that's not what you're hoping to hear, but I'm just trying to spare you the headache of trying to sort this out after the fact.

Fiverr takes originality seriously, and since a lot of sellers try to steal gig descriptions and material from others (it has happened to me), they're not exactly forgiving when someone does it, even if it was a "mistake". 

• Like 3
  • Up 1

Okay, guys, I've heard you out.
My question is to those who can help and who have similar problems - why the hell Fiverr treat us like garbage? It's absolutely silly rules and no respect for our time and efforts. We don't have a right to make mistakes at all on this platform. And you know what? Within the first hour after my friend created an account, he received several spam messages asking him to share his private info via another app/site. You Fiverr better do something with all these spammers instead of kidding normal sellers.

• Like 3

18 minutes ago, mushramusic said:

It's absolutely silly rules and no respect for our time and efforts. 

Is it silly of Fiverr to not allow sellers who copy/paste other people's gig description a place on their platform? I wouldn't say that the sellers who stole my gig description was respecting my time and effort in making them. 

We don't have a right to make mistakes at all on this platform. 

Being on Fiverr is not a right. It's a privilege. This isn't a public utility or a government institution. It's a corporation. As such, they can do pretty much whatever they want within the law. 

Within the first hour after my friend created an account, he received several spam messages asking him to share his private info via another app/site. You Fiverr better do something with all these spammers instead of kidding normal sellers.

So Fiverr should ignore theft of other sellers intellectual property because of spammers? 

Look - I get that you're angry and I'm not here to be the judge of what you did or did not do. I'm just explaining to you why Fiverr acts like it does. If you think that's treating people like "garbage", I'm not sure why you'd want to stay. 

With all that said: your only option at this point is raising another ticket with support. It probably won't lead anywhere, which is why I prefer to tell it like it is, based on my experience after being on the platform for a decade and seeing sellers in all sorts of situations, including this one, many times

But you're free to do with your time as you please, so know that the option of contacting support again is there, if you want to go that route. 

Perhaps someone else will respond because they've experienced this themselves, but I doubt it for one reason: they're not here anymore. 

Anyway, I wish you the best of luck, and I'm sorry we can't do more for you here on the forum.

Edited by smashradio
  • Like 3
  • Up 1

1 minute ago, smashradio said:

I wouldn't say that the sellers who stole my gig description was respecting my time and effort in making them. 

You're right, but it's not the case. Because I didn't copy-paste anything. I've said precisely, it has similar phrases, but overall more than 70% of the text is unique. What if we imagine a situation when somebody creates 70% unique text with 30% coincidently similar to another seller's text? Looks like he will be banned forever with no right to restore his account. Not silly? I doubt it

• Like 3

Just now, mushramusic said:

You're right, but it's not the case. Because I didn't copy-paste anything. I've said precisely, it has similar phrases, but overall more than 70% of the text is unique. What if we imagine a situation when somebody creates 70% unique text with 30% coincidently similar to another seller's text? Looks like he will be banned forever with no right to restore his account. Not silly? I doubt it

It would still be using someone elses work. In academia, copying 30% of someone elses work would be considered plagiarism. In my line of work outside of Fiverr (the press) I would never publish something that was 30% or even 20% copied, beyond direct quotes with a link to its source. If I own a company and copy 30% of my website content from my competitor, I would probably get sued. These rules aren't specific to Fiverr: plagiarism is plagiarism.

But I didn't make the rules. I just follow them. 

• Like 3

7 minutes ago, smashradio said:

I would never publish something that was 30% or even 20% copied

It's correct when you sell the same thing. In our case, a simplified example:
"I will create music for your game"
"I will create art for your game"

They are completely different in their meaning and can't be considered plagiarism. Am I wrong?

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, mushramusic said:

It's correct when you sell the same thing. In our case, a simplified example:
"I will create music for your game"
"I will create art for your game"

They are completely different in their meaning and can't be considered plagiarism. Am I wrong?

No, it really doesn't matter what you sell. Let's say I sell apples, and you sell oranges. You have a really cool website with lots of content about how fresh and delicious your fruit is. I steal that content, but I change "oranges" to "apples". It would still be plagiarized. 

In your specific example with gig titles, that alone would probably not be enough to claim plagiarism. Are you saying that all you did was copy the gig title, or did you also use other parts, like gig description bits, package descriptions and so on? 

Adding to that, you said you used an image from the web you found. Perhaps that image has been used before by other sellers, and the system flagged it because of it, or perhaps someone at Fiverr took a close look at those gigs and said "they're too similar for it to be a coincidence, this is a) copied or b) the same guy using two accounts" - which is also not ok on Fiverr. 

• Like 3