Sellers Helping Sellers.. I want to!

missashley8705

Recently as my gig has been becoming more popular (long ways to go but I think I’m on the right track), I have had to turn the occasional buyer away for different reasons that just make me not the best option in my opinion. I would like to refer these clients to someone else (I have even had requests for referrals by these buyers). I’m wondering if other sellers encounter this and if you actually give referrals. Anyway, I’m not sure how others handle this but I’m thinking about reviewing some other sellers offering similar gigs to mine and who seem to offer a QUALITY service that I would purchase and using them, with their permission, to refer these buyers to. Does anyone have relatable experience?

I’m not trying to be any sort of affiliate. Honestly, I would simply like to speak with a good seller that could use a little extra work and send buyers to them that I can’t help. I have no motivation other than customer satisfaction even if it’s not with me and possibly helping to build up another seller along the way. I would not be looking for anything in return.

It sounds like you have good intentions but it may backfire. First off, let me just say that the way my mind works is frequently out of the norm. 🙂 I’m not trying to say I’m right or criticize, just give my personal impression after reading your post. What if? I need a task completed. I spend 15-20 minutes browsing gigs. I read your gig description, and it sounds like you offer what I need. I finally decide to order your gig. I wait. Later you message me to say you can’t help, want to cancel, and send a link to someone else’s gig. I respect you for your honesty in saying you’re not able to do it. I would be polite but still a little disappointed. If you sent a link referring a different seller, well, the only times I’ve ever got that is when I’m being spammed in my Fiverr inbox. I would be a little suspicious. I would also associate the gig I purchased from you as one that didn’t work out. Also, I would understand my project better than anyone else and know Fiverr is full of sellers that could provide what I need. So, the chance of my being interested in your referral is low. I would start browsing again…

If I specifically asked for your referral, then I would check it out. Otherwise, I wouldn’t like it if sellers are sending me links to gigs without my requesting it.

p.s. It may also cause bad feelings towards you if the gig you refer them to doesn’t work out.

I got many queries about work which i don’t do. So i refer them to best gigs i have seen for that relevant work. Whe i refer i told them that i am not responsible regarding the output of that seller for your work. So you have to ask him about any questions you have.

And i never got any complaints from my refereed buyers that the specific seller did not work well.

Reply to @typingservice: the first thing I would like to say, if the situation you first mention happens and someone purchases my gig without messaging me first then there is a 90% I will cancel anyway. My thought is that if they can’t follow the one major direction I have listed three different times then it probably won’t work out anyway.

I would only offer a referral if the buyer was interested in referral. I would never just offer a referral without any request for it.

Anyway, it’s just a thought. I would like to help people when they ask.

Guest norrsken_marc

Reply to @missashley8705: I think that if you know of sellers who may be more suitable for a particular gig, then yes it is alright to give an interested buyer a “better” choice. You seem to be a trustworthy person from how you answer on this forum, so people who have been in contact with you here can trust your instinct on this.

My only hesitation to this would be if someone unreliable gets to start doing this and redirects buyers to less than ethical people who would like nothing more than to overprice or under-deliver, then it could be problematic for the community. That being said, if this can be a private cooperation between trustworthy people, then it could be useful to everyone.

Archived