Leaving Fiverr

Hello this is to share my experience with Fiverr, being a seller for 6+ years this new update has finished my biz here. They have reduced my level 2 status to no level, success score is 4 despite getting good reviewers with tips. 
I have raised this concern with the customer support and had no help whatsoever. 
My gig impressions are like 1-5 and clicks are none. This is very unfortunate how this update gives the lamest reason to drop you down in a moment without any notice, also remember if you score drops there is rarely any way to improve it unless you have repeat and loyal buyers.

The simple point being there is no way new clients can reach you organically so there is no way for you to improve your score without any new projects.

Been a great learning lesson guys. DON'T RELY ON THESE PLATFORMS, MAKE YOUR OWN WEBSITE AND HAVE YOUR OWN PRESENCE ON THE INTERNET. Otherwise you will regret like me why you didn't do that before.

Goodbye

• Like 12
  • Sad 6

Good luck out there! Congratulations on your decision to not "promote your Fiverr gig on social media" to make your situation Fiverr's gain by funnelling new buyers here to its marketplace. You're saving these buyers a lot of headaches from having to deal with sellers to scared to work with them due to their ratings, not to mention the endless AI scams across the marketplace, all enabled by Fiverr's own AI policies.

• Like 10
  • Up 2

4 minutes ago, emmaki said:

Good luck out there! Congratulations on your decision to not "promote your Fiverr gig on social media" to make your situation Fiverr's gain by funnelling new buyers here to its marketplace. You're saving these buyers a lot of headaches from having to deal with sellers to scared to work with them due to their ratings, not to mention the endless AI scams across the marketplace, all enabled by Fiverr's own AI policies.

Sorry didn't understand your point there? I do not actively promote fiverr since i don't keep any social media accounts active but i do have fiverr links on my insta bio for instance. Anyways before the update my gig was on the recommended list for new buyers! imagine. (crying in the corner) LOL

• Like 7

The advice given to Fiverr sellers (by Fiverr) who are leaving because of low success scores is to promote your gig and bring new people to Fiverr. 

The reality = why would anyone do that? 

Edited by emmaki
  • Like 8
  • Up 2

I totally feel your pain. I am currently facing same situation. When the new level system was lunched, my success score was 9. I have completed several gigs with good 5 star ratings ever since then, No Cancellation and all 5 star rating but am shocked that my success score instead of it increasing, its keeps going downward. I doubt if it ever goes up. I think i also have to start looking for an alternative. I think i have to start thinking of diversifying to other platforms.

God help us.

• Like 8

I came into the forums to write a similar post but I saw the title of this one immediately. I'm even thinking about leaving Fiverr, and my success score is a 10, the highest you can get (and I'm level 2). I can confirm that it isn't any better on the other side of this rating system based on my experience so far. Ever since the new update, my impressions have been absolute trash. I've had to rely on promotion to get orders, which I've rarely had to do before in my three years on here. What's the point of having the highest success score possible if they're STILL going to throttle impressions?

As far as I can tell, there are zero benefits to being at a 10 aside from the peace of mind. However, that's not even great because I'm horrified of it dropping for a reason I may not be able to fix. I've been enjoying my work here less, and even got a part time job to make up for the loss of income since the update came out. It's literally so useless.

• Like 7

Unfortunately I have a feeling from these and many other responses that this new rating system and unsubstantiated drops in "success score" and number of orders will drive away more good sellers than it brings in. Hopefully it wont take them long to realize this major blunder on their part. Money talks, and if they lose enough because they can't keep sellers, maybe they will change their tune.

Probably not though.

• Like 7

4 hours ago, ryanforkel1 said:

Money talks, and if they lose enough because they can't keep sellers, maybe they will change their tune.

You'd think so, but they're just increasing the price of SPP instead. From May 1st, if I want SPP, I need to pay $39 instead of my "locked price" early adopter rate of $19. That's a 100% price increase with nothing new added on, for a program that's full of next-to-useless features and very patchy Success Manager quality. 

This is on top of losing around 200,000 buyers over the course of 2023. But when the experience for new buyers is like this, who is replacing them?

image.png.350920186d515c2c41829b085fa9c5d5.png

This is what happens when you run most of a platform with AI and automation. 

• Like 4
  • Sad 5

6 hours ago, emmaki said:

You'd think so, but they're just increasing the price of SPP instead. From May 1st, if I want SPP, I need to pay $39 instead of my "locked price" early adopter rate of $19. That's a 100% price increase with nothing new added on, for a program that's full of next-to-useless features and very patchy Success Manager quality. 

This is on top of losing around 200,000 buyers over the course of 2023. But when the experience for new buyers is like this, who is replacing them?

image.png.350920186d515c2c41829b085fa9c5d5.png

This is what happens when you run most of a platform with AI and automation. 

Now that is messed up. That makes me wonder about some of the deliveries I've made, where I never heard back from the buyer and it auto-completes. That doesn't happen too often, but now I'm suspicious. Before the update, Fiverr already had a somewhat negative impression on the public due to the amount of buyers that were getting scammed. Now I feel that reputation is getting even worse.

I wonder if impressions are down for everyone across the board because the buyer pool decreased. The question might not be where did the buyers go, but rather why aren't they even on the platform? That's what worries me. No one wants to buy or sell on a platform that everyone thinks is sketchy. So I'm really considering my career options at the moment.

• Like 7

1 minute ago, amberlilyreadin said:

Now that is messed up. That makes me wonder about some of the deliveries I've made, where I never heard back from the buyer and it auto-completes. That doesn't happen too often, but now I'm suspicious. Before the update, Fiverr already had a somewhat negative impression on the public due to the amount of buyers that were getting scammed. Now I feel that reputation is getting even worse.

I wonder if impressions are down for everyone across the board because the buyer pool decreased. The question might not be where did the buyers go, but rather why aren't they even on the platform? That's what worries me. No one wants to buy or sell on a platform that everyone thinks is sketchy. So I'm really considering my career options at the moment.

Noone also wants to pay hundreds of dollars for services that some Fiverr sellers are flogging without disclosure as they are allowed to do by the platform. That's work that anyone can do themselves in 5 minutes. Add to that Fiverr promoting hundreds of sellers to Pro - the "hand picked, hand-vetted" program overnight when it expanded the Pro marketplace - and the public is absolutely right to think of Fiverr as a dubious place. Just look at the decisions that leadership is making so they can make some extra money at everybody's else's expense. It's disgusting.

• Like 7
  • Up 1

3 minutes ago, emmaki said:

Noone also wants to pay hundreds of dollars for services that some Fiverr sellers are flogging without disclosure as they are allowed to do by the platform. That's work that anyone can do themselves in 5 minutes. Add to that Fiverr promoting hundreds of sellers to Pro - the "hand picked, hand-vetted" program overnight when it expanded the Pro marketplace - and the public is absolutely right to think of Fiverr as a dubious place. Just look at the decisions that leadership is making so they can make some extra money at everybody's else's expense. It's disgusting.

Absolutely. It's honestly embarrassing at this point. I'm just glad for the forums so us sellers can discuss these things with each other. It's been way more helpful than any "advice" received from support. I actually wasn't even active in the forums at all until this new level stuff rolled out.

To anyone who is contemplating leaving Fiverr this year, I would suggest to keep your seller account until next tax season. You want evidence of your work here in case an audit happens. Don't just delete/deactivate your account! If you're done taking orders, pause your gigs or utilize vacation/availability mode.

• Like 7
  • Up 2

7 hours ago, amberlilyreadin said:

Absolutely. It's honestly embarrassing at this point. I'm just glad for the forums so us sellers can discuss these things with each other. It's been way more helpful than any "advice" received from support. I actually wasn't even active in the forums at all until this new level stuff rolled out.

To anyone who is contemplating leaving Fiverr this year, I would suggest to keep your seller account until next tax season. You want evidence of your work here in case an audit happens. Don't just delete/deactivate your account! If you're done taking orders, pause your gigs or utilize vacation/availability mode.

I have only one open gig and haven't had any orders since February. I will pause my gigs or try the vacation mode until next tax season, so I have proof. It's kind of sad to leave here, but on the other hand, there are too many issues that are stressing me out on this platform.

• Like 7

I hosted my services on fiverr for 2 reasons;

1. The payment security it offered to both sellers and buyers (despite the high fee on both seller and buyer)
  2. To reach different clients

The new update has completely wiped my reach and it is hard to justify exclusively using its services. I used to direct clients to fiverr, but I am now starting to just handle the payment stuff myself, and only use fiverr if the client insists. Plus, I can offer cheaper prices since there is no hefty fee.

• Like 6

On 4/5/2024 at 4:37 AM, spoiledkid69 said:

Hello this is to share my experience with Fiverr, being a seller for 6+ years this new update has finished my biz here. They have reduced my level 2 status to no level, success score is 4 despite getting good reviewers with tips. 
I have raised this concern with the customer support and had no help whatsoever. 
My gig impressions are like 1-5 and clicks are none. This is very unfortunate how this update gives the lamest reason to drop you down in a moment without any notice, also remember if you score drops there is rarely any way to improve it unless you have repeat and loyal buyers.

The simple point being there is no way new clients can reach you organically so there is no way for you to improve your score without any new projects.

Been a great learning lesson guys. DON'T RELY ON THESE PLATFORMS, MAKE YOUR OWN WEBSITE AND HAVE YOUR OWN PRESENCE ON THE INTERNET. Otherwise you will regret like me why you didn't do that before.

Goodbye

I feel exactly the same, it seems like you wrote exactly what i was feeling and i was about to make a post mentioning the same. No impressions or clicks or way to improve and all this lame automated AI stuff.  Even if you reach CS you will get an automated response...it is very sad

• Like 3

Freelancers are now avoiding join the Fiverr community and prefer to join Upwork or their own website. I was a seller on Fiverr and worked for 8 years, my first account was disabled after 4 years and I created Fiverr again and read the terms and conditions carefully I got some jobs and after 4 years of struggle I got a level 2 badge, everything was good I maintain 4.8-star rating and my clients extremely satisfied with my work but suddenly Fiverr flagged my account.

The reason was that I joined the Fiverr Community again.

this is nonsense if it is not allowed they shouldn't allowed to join or at least inform the seller after 1 order or after a month.

The customer support team says you can still share your gigs with clients and get orders. this is a very nonsense response from Fiverr. even though we can share our services directly with our clients so why do we pay 20% to Fiverr even though they are not providing any services like gig ranking, participation in the level system, and not even a brief match.

I have started to write against this matter on Fiverr, Trustpilot, quora, medium, and other platforms. As a freelancer, I lost my time and money. 

• Like 3

On 4/5/2024 at 3:37 PM, spoiledkid69 said:

Goodbye

You're right, I also lost my time and money here, and now I'm working on my website and offering services to clients we are not secure here, Upwork is something better than Fiverr but we can rely on these platforms. 

Edited by hijabzehra12
mistakes
  • Like 3

Just now, hijabzehra12 said:

Upwork is something better than Fiverr but we can rely on there platforms. 

Every platform caters to a different audience. On Fiverr people come here and buy services, whereas UW is more about buyers setting up a project and sellers bidding on it. As a seller, you have a limit of bidding points or whatever they are called, so you can end up bidding on a lot of stuff and not getting any project. And they force you to pay for bidding more if you used all the points. I know they copied Fiverr with gigs, but those aren't as popular as they are on Fiverr. 

Realistically, you want to have accounts on multiple sites. You might get lots of work here and little to no work in other places.

• Like 4

1 minute ago, donnovan86 said:

Every platform caters to a different audience. On Fiverr people come here and buy services, whereas UW is more about buyers setting up a project and sellers bidding on it. As a seller, you have a limit of bidding points or whatever they are called, so you can end up bidding on a lot of stuff and not getting any project. And they force you to pay for bidding more if you used all the points. I know they copied Fiverr with gigs, but those aren't as popular as they are on Fiverr. 

Realistically, you want to have accounts on multiple sites. You might get lots of work here and little to no work in other places.

That is the reason I have closed all my freelancing profiles and focusing on my own website doing PPC and SEO I hope I get orders and we don't need to pay to a middle person.

• Like 4

I’m a level 1 seller and started 2024 with a steady stream of orders until March hit and the new phase of Fiverr began and I haven’t had a single enquiry. When searching for myself as a buyer I cannot locate my gig page at all. When will Fiverr listen and understand that the new settings have done nothing but deter people away. It’s got to be effecting their revenue too?! The logic behind this doesn’t work. 

• Like 3