Just Leveled Up & Sharing My Payoneer Woes (Indian Sellers, Beware!)

Hey Fiverr fam!

I'm pumped to announce that I've officially hit Level 1 Seller status! 🎉

This journey has been incredible, and I'm so thankful for the awesome opportunities and clients I've connected with.

Now, let's talk about the not-so-fun stuff... As an Indian seller, I just did my third Fiverr withdrawal through Payoneer (our options are limited here). Let me break down what happened:

The Good: Withdrawal itself was easy. Funds arrived quickly.
The Bad: Surprise! Payoneer smacks you with a $30 USD annual fee, EVEN if you're a brand-new seller.
The Ugly: On top of that, there's a $3 USD charge per withdrawal. Ouch!
The WTF: Trying to find Payoneer customer support? It's like searching for a unicorn.

My takeaway: PayPal, despite slightly lower conversion rates, might be the way to go for Indian sellers on Fiverr.  I learned my lesson the hard way, hoping you don't have to.

So, here's my question for fellow Indian sellers: Have you faced similar issues? What are your go-to withdrawal methods?  Let's help each other navigate this! 🇮🇳

P.S. If you're looking for 3d product rendering animation feel free ro contact me 😄

• Like 4
  • Congrats! 1

Yes, Fiverr doesn't serve its global userbase very well when it comes to withdrawal options. It's odd that it hasn't chosen to opt for other payment providers like Wise or Revolut, leaving everyone outside of the United States to deal with convoluted withdrawal processes to minimize the mountain of fees. That's if you don't live in a country where options are more freely available. 

Don't worry, Fiverr won't bother to update anything here. 

(PS you need to disclose when you use ChatGPT - but don't worry, Fiverr doesn't really care about that. Deceptive use of AI makes them even more money!)

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, emmaki said:

Yes, Fiverr doesn't serve its global userbase very well when it comes to withdrawal options. It's odd that it hasn't chosen to opt for other payment providers like Wise or Revolut, leaving everyone outside of the United States to deal with convoluted withdrawal processes to minimize the mountain of fees. That's if you don't live in a country where options are more freely available. 

Don't worry, Fiverr won't bother to update anything here. 

(PS you need to disclose when you use ChatGPT - but don't worry, Fiverr doesn't really care about that. Deceptive use of AI makes them even more money!)

It's frustrating that companies like fiverr don't prioritize the needs of their global sellers!
and since it's my first post, I got some help from ChatGPT to polish it up. It's a great tool. 

• Like 2

Congratulations to you! 🍾 I don't know about Payoneer, but try using Paypal, it is the best in my opinion. Trushtworthy and always reliable. 

Edited by meaviolet
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, meaviolet said:

Congratulations to you! 🍾 I don't know about Payoneer, but try using Paypal, it is the best in my opinion. Trushtworthy and reliable always. 

yes, i will use paypal from now on. It is way more transparent and have great customer support.  😄

• Like 2

Hi! Congratz on the Level 1! 🥳

I'm living in Romania and I've tested both Paypal and Payoneer lately.

Here, for example, the expenses were around 65$ for the withdrawal + conversion to my national currency (RON) with Paypal's exchange rates and fees.

When I did it with Payoneer, the expenses were around 50$ for the same sum of money. But indeed, like you mentioned, Payoneer is taxing you monthly for about 2,5$, so we can say the expenses were actually 52,5$ while working with Payoneer. As I've read on their website, the exchange margin they apply is about 2% over the market exchange rates. Theoretically you can check out market exchange rate for your currency and then substract a 2%, and you'll have the "money lost in the exchanging process". Also, I've checked and they have a chart with how much they charge for withdrawal in each country deppending on the currency you're receiving and withdrawing.

All in all, for me, as a romanian, it's better to use payoneer in this case. The difference is not that big, being only 12,5$, but it still counts when you have to pay your promoted gigs invoice, your seller plus subscription, your website, your soundcloud hosting and your IRS taxes.

Also, I thing I've learnt while withdrawing monthly to do the tideous anoying conversion rates and cry everytime when I saw how much is lost into fees, for the last 14 months is to check out the market exchanging rate for USD to Your Currency and vice-versa. If you time your withdrawals right, you might minimize your expenses with the withdrawal!

• Like 2