Why are buyers ignoring pre-delivery?

fastcopywriter

Question

9 times out of 10, when I pre-deliver my work (without clicking "Deliver Now"), I get no feedback from the buyer, it's like they either don't get a Fiverr notification or they ignore it. But if I click Deliver Now, I usually get a revision request or the buyer expresses his gratitude. 

Is this your experience as well? 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

14 answers to this question

I've noticed this a lot more than before as well! I try to keep the drafts/etc. to the order page (and some messages about them in the inbox) and honestly, 3/5 people don't write back for the longest time (the record was 12 days recently?) The issue I'm facing is that I NEED their approval on plot ideas/etc. sometimes - or they even TELL me to update them...

My theory is that there's been something funky going on with notifications/etc. It's either that or people are especially busy this spring?

I've had deliveries go completely unseen for days only for the buyers to ask for more time literally last minute a lot lately as well.

Edited by katakatica
typo
  • Like 5

8 hours ago, fastcopywriter said:

it's like they either don't get a Fiverr notification or they ignore it.

Both are very possible.

What I know for a fact is that sometimes I receive Fiverr notifications via email, and sometimes I don't. And if the buyer doesn't hang around Fiverr waiting for notifications, and there's no email to alert them...

8 hours ago, fastcopywriter said:

But if I click Deliver Now

That one, at least, still sends an email alert. Usually.

10 minutes ago, katakatica said:

The issue I'm facing is that I NEED their approval on plot ideas/etc. sometimes

Long long time ago, I used to solve that one with a cancellation request, because that one definitely gets to their email, as well (and I'd write something like "I'm sorry, I don't actually want to cancel this one, but I really need so-and-so from you so I can proceed..."). These days, of course, doing that would be too risky.

EDIT: And yes, I've noticed that on the average buyers take more time to respond than they did in the past.

Edited by catwriter
  • Like 4
  • Up 2

2 minutes ago, catwriter said:

And if the buyer doesn't hang around Fiverr waiting for notifications, and there's no email to alert them...

But if you spend a 'considerable' amount of money (e.g anything over 50USD can be a lot to many people) wouldn't you WANT to see what's going on? I feel like I would log on at least once a day to make sure that everything is okay? 

4 minutes ago, catwriter said:

Long long time ago, I used to solve that one with a cancellation request, because that one definitely gets to their email, as well (and I'd write something like "I'm sorry, I don't actually want to cancel this one, but I really need so-and-so from you so I can proceed..."). These days, of course, doing that would be too risky.

I've tried asking for extensions but those don't always seem to go through either. I always write something like 'I'm finished with x but I need you to take a look...' I haven't had many replies to those either...

5 minutes ago, catwriter said:

EDIT: And yes, I've noticed that on the average buyers take more time to respond than they did in the past.

The one issue I have is that I seem to be the one who's punished for this. I'm dinged a lot for 'effective communication' but I literally chase after buyers like crazy sometimes... 

(Maybe it's ineffective because they don't reply? :P)

• Like 2
  • Up 2

2 hours ago, katakatica said:

But if you spend a 'considerable' amount of money (e.g anything over 50USD can be a lot to many people) wouldn't you WANT to see what's going on? I feel like I would log on at least once a day to make sure that everything is okay? 

I would, too, but I've heard of cases when people placed orders for much higher amounts and then went MIA. People are weird.

• Like 2

You can always mitigate this by adding something about if you don't hear from them within 48 hours (or w/e) then you will send through a final delivery and they're welcome to use the rev button to etc.

This only works if your pre-delivery is essentially the full and final delivery though. Just remember that Fiverr has weaponized everything for its broken AI so chasing after buyers = bad.

Edited by emmaki
  • Like 2

15 minutes ago, visualstudios said:

Break down any order into multiple orders

That can be problematic too, in the wrong situation:

image.png.376ed03f91eb31a1c7e68f924d1e1d62.png

Perhaps we just need to chain the buyers to a radiator for the duration of the order to make sure they reply in a timely manner?

• Like 2

That's not applicable to what I'm saying. This is not made to artificially enhance seller ratings. This is made so I always deliver a complete delivery through the delivery box.

I can't and won't deliver things outside that, because then I get no protection. The client can keep the draft, or the portion of the work, whatever it may be, and cancel, for example.

As for them replying in a timely manner... I only start an order once I have all the information to the point where I need zero replies from the client to get the delivery done. If I need any further info from the client... I'm not ready to start the order.

Edited by visualstudios
  • Like 2

I get that, but my point is more along the lines that some sellers have found themselves in hot water for breaking up orders. Obvs I don't know the full details of those situations, but IF an order is split up in a way that CS or T&S doesn't find makes sense (or there are consistent patterns with certain types of buyer), they may well warn/ban someone. Milestones would make a lot more sense (if they weren't so badly designed).

1 hour ago, visualstudios said:

As for them replying in a timely manner... I only start an order once I have all the information to the point where I need zero replies

That's the gift of RTO talking 🙂 

• Like 2

24 minutes ago, emmaki said:

That's the gift of RTO talking

Well, that's just mandatory at this point, given the way the platform works. Hell, it should have always been like this. It makes zero sense to have automatic orders on a bespoke service. I'm not a factory producing the same widget every time.

• Like 2

Thank you for your comments. This issue ended up affecting me today, I got a 4.3 review. If the buyer had seen my pre-delivery, maybe he would have asked for changes. Instead, he wrote a nice review, but gave me a bad rating. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, fastcopywriter said:

If the buyer had seen my pre-delivery, maybe he would have asked for changes.

Not necessarily.

2 hours ago, fastcopywriter said:

Instead, he wrote a nice review, but gave me a bad rating. 

It happens a lot these days, with the new review system.

• Like 3