Should Level Zero Sellers Quit.

ahmad_freelancr

Question

Hi, I have been reading alot of comments from couple of months now that even level 2 sellers are ranting about the new Success Score . But no one is talking about the sellers who were already at level zero before this new system got in place. They were already pretty much getting nothing because Upper levels get the Lion's share but now it even got worse. With decline in Impressions and clicks For example i used to get around 600-700 impressions per week on average but now it has dropped to 200-250 per week and the clicks average at 5 .This really is **** up and needs attention. This is happening to all of us but i think level zero sellers are the most affected.

P.S. No hate intended to Level 2 or 1 Sellers!

Edited by ahmad_freelancr
  • Like 4
  • Haha 1
  • Sad 1

4 answers to this question

Overall, the marketplace is extremely crowded in most of the categories and even levell-ed up sellers have to battle the extreme competition for orders!! 

e.g. in my category, there are 17000+ gigs and 3600+ of them are Pro/TRS/Level2/Level1 - so in real time, my gig is competing with 3700 other gigs (alot of them have 500+ reviews too) to even fetch an enquiry or a click!! 

All I mean is - grass is always greener on the other side. I empathize with how you feel and understand it but it doesn't get easier even after you climb the levels!! 

PS In my opinion, new sellers listen to the outside Fiverr gurus and come very rigidly & excessively prepared about technicalities i.e. optimization, keywords, impressions, clicks, seo etc but the vast majority of them lack basic reading-comprehension skills, broad business perspective & work experience. Their profile names often have words like 'expert/pro' but their skills aren't even beginner-level in most cases.   

• Like 8

21 minutes ago, priyank_mod said:

PS In my opinion, new sellers listen to the outside Fiverr gurus and come very rigidly & excessively prepared about technicalities i.e. optimization, keywords, impressions, clicks, seo etc but the vast majority of them lack basic reading-comprehension skills, broad business perspective & work experience. Their profile names often have words like 'expert/pro' but their skills aren't even beginner-level in most cases.   

Yeah i 100% agree with what you said in the last part. I just wanna add to that the non-serious behavior of some level zero sellers is damaging the repo of all the zero level sellers eg lying about skills, language or not providing what they offer etc.

If we see the bigger picture it is harming all of us tbh.

• Like 3
  • Up 1

After a decade on Fiverr, many of them as a TRS/PRO seller, I'd say the real challenge isn't about hitting levels, it's about standing out from the crowd. When you're up against thousands of sellers all peddling the same stuff, how do you stand out?

I'd say the new level system is actually an advantage for new sellers/level 0.

You can rise the ranks quicker and actually see your progress, even if Fiverr's idea of "transparency" isn't very transparent. 

I think the new level system is worse for old-timers who've been grinding as TRS or level 2 sellers for ages, only to get a gut punch and suddenly find themselves at the bottom of the pile because of some arbitrary algo change.  That would make me quit. 

Don't quit. Do great work when/if it comes your way, and climb the levels. But don't expect it to become any easier just because you level up. 

• Like 4