I had a client that asked me if I could give him my Email because my email is required upon checkout, should I give it to them? they sent me this image

feices

Question

5 answers to this question

1 hour ago, feices said:

Question.png

This sounds like a scam. I've never heard about this before, and that "page" looks very fake! The buyer does not need your e-mail to order from you, and in fact, you shouldn't share contact info with anyone unless it's required inside an active order (for example if you have to share files) and this can only be done if it's required to complete the service. 

Again: the buyer does not need your e-mail in order to place an order on Fiverr!

• Like 7
  • Up 1

7 hours ago, smashradio said:

This sounds like a scam. I've never heard about this before, and that "page" looks very fake! The buyer does not need your e-mail to order from you, and in fact, you shouldn't share contact info with anyone unless it's required inside an active order (for example if you have to share files) and this can only be done if it's required to complete the service. 

Again: the buyer does not need your e-mail in order to place an order on Fiverr!

It does look fake for us who know how the site looks (I'm guessing the image is photoshopped) but the amount of new scams surfacing in a short period of time is honestly alarming.

I'm guessing that Fiverr has started to crack down on some other recent ones so... they cooked up some new ideas...)

• Like 1
  • Up 3

16 hours ago, katakatica said:

It does look fake for us who know how the site looks (I'm guessing the image is photoshopped) but the amount of new scams surfacing in a short period of time is honestly alarming.

I'm guessing that Fiverr has started to crack down on some other recent ones so... they cooked up some new ideas...)

Yeah, when you know the basic design rules on Fiverr, it's easy to spot, but it might not be if you're desperate for an order and new to Fiverr. So I made a separate post warning about this particular scam. 

Yeah, the increase is alarming but it's not sudden. We've always had this sort of thing – but they're clearly getting more and more targeted with a clear goal of gaining access to people's accounts.

And that's worrysome because it means even established sellers can fall victim to it ( it happened to @vickieito ) and those accounts can easily be used to scam others. If a fellow pro seller with TRS status reaches out to you for a collaboration, your first thought isn't "scam", like it would be if their username is "siojdaoisudjoiasduj980840", has a new profile and are from certain countries. 

Edited by smashradio
  • Like 3

46 minutes ago, smashradio said:

If a fellow pro seller with TRS status reaches out to you for a collaboration, your first thought isn't "scam", like it would be if their username is "siojdaoisudjoiasduj980840", has a new profile and are from certain countries. 

Exactly! You never know if you just accidentally click on the wrong link (or just trust someone you shouldn't.) I have pretty strict principles (I download only word docs/pdfs and many other small things) but I could be exhausted one day and fall for the wrong thing.

I also had a big amount of telegram messages in the past few days, plus a strange uptick in people demanding samples (no hello, no nothing, just "send me your best work" some 'happened' to be writers selling their stories for 10 percent of what I sell mine for so... I'd say it's important to be careful!

• Like 4
  • Up 1

7 hours ago, katakatica said:

Exactly! You never know if you just accidentally click on the wrong link (or just trust someone you shouldn't.) I have pretty strict principles (I download only word docs/pdfs and many other small things) but I could be exhausted one day and fall for the wrong thing.

I also had a big amount of telegram messages in the past few days, plus a strange uptick in people demanding samples (no hello, no nothing, just "send me your best work" some 'happened' to be writers selling their stories for 10 percent of what I sell mine for so... I'd say it's important to be careful!

Absolutely. I've seen fewer telegram messages lately, but they still come from time to time. 

I have seriously strict routines for downloading files. I only open documents in the cloud, even if it's a Word file (they can also be harmful!). But if you drop your guard for a second, that's when they get you. The weakest link in the security chain is always the human.

• Like 2
  • Up 2