Need Help with Account Flagging Issue

hashir33

Question

Hey Fiverr Community,

I'm having an issue with my account being flagged, and I could really use some advice or insights from fellow sellers. It's been a bit tough for me as I've always been careful to follow Fiverr's rules, but suddenly finding myself flagged has left me puzzled.

I've only ever had one Fiverr account, and I've always made sure to operate within Fiverr's Terms of Service. However, recently, my account was flagged without any warning, and I'm not sure why. It's frustrating.

I mostly use my account from one location, but there have been a few occasions when I've logged in from different places, mainly when I'm traveling with my laptop.

I've tried reaching out to Fiverr support, but I haven't received a clear explanation yet. I'm hoping someone here might have experienced something similar or could offer some guidance on what steps I can take to resolve this issue.  @Lena @milos_siena @Kesha @Lyndsey_Fiverr  @vickieito @webcut

If there's been any confusion or misunderstanding, I'm more than willing to provide any information or assistance necessary to resolve the situation.
I've raised a ticket of ID #11336784. If you guys can assist that'll be highly appreciated. 🙏

Thank you,
Hashir

screenshoteasy - 2024-03-29T063505.119.png

Edited by hashir33
  • Like 2
  • Sad 1

15 answers to this question

3 hours ago, hashir33 said:

Thank you for providing additional context regarding the issue. I occasionally travel, especially internationally. What are your thoughts on the below reason, that's the response I got from fiverr support memeber: 
"Your account was flagged for being connected to another account that was disabled due to violating our policies."

Hi @hashir33 - It could be any number of reasons. Do you use public computers for your Fiverr account? Did you buy your computer second-hand? Do you allow other Fiverr users to log in from your computer (or have you logged in to your account on someone else's computer)? Are you (or have you ever) operated as an agency (e.g., a team working under one account)? Fiverr currently allows teams to work under one Fiverr profile if they are clear they are operating as a team (but only one person is responsible for logging in to the account and managing it).

Your account flagging might also be related to your international travels or if you use VPN (Fiverr recommends that you notify them via support ticket if you travel outside of the country or use VPN to avoid any potential issues).

• Like 4
  • Up 1

Hey @hashir33 I understand the issue.

Actually, Fiverr did not take any final decision for flagged accounts yet. So, you can continue your selling in Fiverr.

Until any final decision is made, you won't find any solution or answer from community member/staff.

So, please wait until the final decision. Also, still if you need better answer, you are always free to ask Fiverr Customer Support.

Hope you will understand!

Thank you!

Imrul

• Like 4
  • Up 1

Hi @hashir33 - I can see that you tagged several Fiverr staffers to this thread, so I'm hoping that they will be able to look into your ticket and provide your with more details on why your account was flagged. I asked @Kesha to clarify location inconsistency in this thread here:

https://community.fiverr.com/forums/topic/326680-can-i-use-different-wifi/?do=findComment&comment=2043865

If you travel often (especially outside of the country), then it's best to put in a ticket to CS so they are aware of your travels.

Also, based on what I've seen on the forum, it also seems like accounts are being flagged for "location inconsistency" when they use a computer that is linked to another Fiverr account that violated Fiverr's ToS. This may happen if you are working off of a public computer (such as a library computer) or help a friend or family member set up their Fiverr account on your computer (this violates ToS because you are creating another account, and users are only allowed one account). It might also be possible to get flagged for "location inconsistency" when you use a second-hand computer that was purchased from another person (and that computer is linked to another Fiverr account).

If your account is flagged, you can still sell services and operate as normal on Fiverr, you just won't have a seller level, or any of the perks that you can get from having a level.

• Like 5
  • Up 1

4 hours ago, vickieito said:

If your account is flagged, you can still sell services and operate as normal on Fiverr, you just won't have a seller level, or any of the perks that you can get from having a level.

Absolutely! I just wanted to say same thing. I think they don't need to worry until any final decision is made by Fiverr!

• Like 3

On 3/30/2024 at 6:00 AM, webcut said:

Hey @hashir33 I understand the issue.

Actually, Fiverr did not take any final decision for flagged accounts yet. So, you can continue your selling in Fiverr.

Until any final decision is made, you won't find any solution or answer from community member/staff.

So, please wait until the final decision. Also, still if you need better answer, you are always free to ask Fiverr Customer Support.

Hope you will understand!

Thank you!

Imrul

Thanks, Imrul for your input. Let's wait & hope for the best. I got a response from them that My account was flagged for being connected to another account that was disabled due to violating Fiverr policies.

I'm still uncertain what that means. Does it mean that my account was linked with some other Fiverr account? 

• Like 2

18 hours ago, vickieito said:

Hi @hashir33 - I can see that you tagged several Fiverr staffers to this thread, so I'm hoping that they will be able to look into your ticket and provide your with more details on why your account was flagged. I asked @Kesha to clarify location inconsistency in this thread here:

https://community.fiverr.com/forums/topic/326680-can-i-use-different-wifi/?do=findComment&comment=2043865

If you travel often (especially outside of the country), then it's best to put in a ticket to CS so they are aware of your travels.

Also, based on what I've seen on the forum, it also seems like accounts are being flagged for "location inconsistency" when they use a computer that is linked to another Fiverr account that violated Fiverr's ToS. This may happen if you are working off of a public computer (such as a library computer) or help a friend or family member set up their Fiverr account on your computer (this violates ToS because you are creating another account, and users are only allowed one account). It might also be possible to get flagged for "location inconsistency" when you use a second-hand computer that was purchased from another person (and that computer is linked to another Fiverr account).

Thank you for providing additional context regarding the issue. I occasionally travel, especially internationally. What are your thoughts on the below reason, that's the response I got from fiverr support memeber: 
"Your account was flagged for being connected to another account that was disabled due to violating our policies."

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, vickieito said:

Hi @hashir33 - It could be any number of reasons. Do you use public computers for your Fiverr account? Did you buy your computer second-hand? Do you allow other Fiverr users to log in from your computer (or have you logged in to your account on someone else's computer)? Are you (or have you ever) operated as an agency (e.g., a team working under one account)? Fiverr currently allows teams to work under one Fiverr profile if they are clear they are operating as a team (but only one person is responsible for logging in to the account and managing it).

Your account flagging might also be related to your international travels or if you use VPN (Fiverr recommends that you notify them via support ticket if you travel outside of the country or use VPN to avoid any potential issues).

Just adding one more pointer to what @vickieito said -

Many people have faced the issue with their mobile number too. Their number might have been in use/connected with other Fiverr account(s) in the past. Many mobile operators recycle the previously used numbers again in the market as NEW numbers.

• Like 4
  • Up 1

2 hours ago, vickieito said:

Hey @vickieito, Thank you for your detailed & helpful response. But I just confirmed with customer support and they said that logging in from another device is not something that will cause your account to be flagged. See the attached screenshot.

The situation is still unclear why the accounts are being flagged. 

screenshoteasy - 2024-03-31T230201.281.png

• Like 3

8 hours ago, hashir33 said:

If that happens then this is a serious violation. Previously, you had a Fiverr account that was restricted by Fiverr. Then you create a New Fiverr Account.
So for this reason, you break the Fiverr Terms and Condition.

Hope you understand!

Thank you!

• Like 2

1 minute ago, webcut said:

If that happens then this is a serious violation. Previously, you had a Fiverr account that was restricted by Fiverr. Then you create a New Fiverr Account.
So for this reason, you break the Fiverr Terms and Condition.

Hope you understand!

Thank you!

That's not the case. I've been using a single account for the last few years & never had a Fiverr account.

• Like 2

Hey @priyank_mod. This is correct. In our location if anyone don't activate their sim for 6-12 months frame, then SIM company recycle that sim and sell to other users.

But one thing also wanted to say that- In Fiverr when you want to add Phone number, if those phone number is added previously then Fiverr will tell you in a Red Massage that your phone number is associated with another account.

So, I don't believe it will happen in that case.

Main issue if any person Previously had a Fiverr account that was restricted by Fiverr. Then he/she can't create a New Fiverr Account.

For this reason, I think Fiverr is restricted his account!

• Like 2

1 minute ago, hashir33 said:

That's not the case. I've been using a single account for the last few years & never had a Fiverr account.

@hashir33 In this case, provide evidence to the Fiverr support. May be your information is used by other seller while creating an account. Whatever- you should contact support with more details. Thank you!

• Like 3

6 hours ago, hashir33 said:

I just confirmed with customer support and they said that logging in from another device is not something that will cause your account to be flagged.

Hi @hashir33 - Logging in from another device is perfectly okay (for example you can log in to Fiverr on your phone via the mobile app, your laptop during the day, and your PC at night). These are all your own personal devices.

The problem is, if you log on your Fiverr account from another device is associated with another Fiverr account that violated Fiverr's ToS. We don't know what criteria Fiverr uses to determine this. One user whose account was flagged for "location inconsistency" didn't own a computer and used only library computers (that were probably associated with multiple accounts). Another user helped a friend get set up on Fiverr, but used his own computer to do so (not his friend's). Both user accounts got shut down.

Other users purchased computers from others who had Fiverr accounts, and said they were flagged. And a Fiverr staffer on the forum specifically stated that changing your location (as in leaving the country) could result in an account suspension. That's why the Fiverr staffer recommended that we notify Fiverr anytime we leave the country.

• Like 3
  • Up 1

6 hours ago, webcut said:

@hashir33 In this case, provide evidence to the Fiverr support. May be your information is used by other seller while creating an account. Whatever- you should contact support with more details. Thank you!

Thank you @webcut, I'll do.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, vickieito said:

Hi @hashir33 - Logging in from another device is perfectly okay (for example you can log in to Fiverr on your phone via the mobile app, your laptop during the day, and your PC at night). These are all your own personal devices.

The problem is, if you log on your Fiverr account from another device is associated with another Fiverr account that violated Fiverr's ToS. We don't know what criteria Fiverr uses to determine this. One user whose account was flagged for "location inconsistency" didn't own a computer and used only library computers (that were probably associated with multiple accounts). Another user helped a friend get set up on Fiverr, but used his own computer to do so (not his friend's). Both user accounts got shut down.

Other users purchased computers from others who had Fiverr accounts, and said they were flagged. And a Fiverr staffer on the forum specifically stated that changing your location (as in leaving the country) could result in an account suspension. That's why the Fiverr staffer recommended that we notify Fiverr anytime we leave the country.

Understood. We need to be cautious from now on before traveling to another country & before trying to log in to our Fiverr account on another device if we're far away from our desk. Freelancing used to mean freedom, but now it feels more like a self-imposed house arrest.

• Like 1