Memo to the Fiverr Team Behind the Help Center

Your Reviews page is out of date:

This is still present on the relevant page. It should of course be "quality of delivery" or whatever the new fig leaf of change was. 

I'm highlighting this as I am writing a little "new buyer booklet" to explain to new buyers how Fiverr works. I'm using these images to explain to them what they will see when they review a seller, and more particularly to explain that depending on which face they click on, the checkboxes may increase or decrease their final score. 

Which of course also isn't explained in the help center. If you guys would like to borrow my wording - sniping aside - you're more than welcome to it. 

image.png.5631dd770adb5fb323b0082ba27d31e9.png

==== end memo to Help Center team ====

I feel like this is not review manipulation, since I will only be sending it in the inbox, before anyone even hires me, and without a whisper of payment, to make sure that my "value", is significantly enhanced while disappointing sample hunters with a boring, but pretty-looking sample about Fiverr. Whether I even take any buyers on is another question, when 90% of them are like this: 

image.png.269de8b1c5ed2c3d023d13f9821547ef.png

Why do I need to respond to these kind of messages at all?

• Like 6
  • Up 8

1 hour ago, emmaki said:

I am writing a little "new buyer booklet" to explain to new buyers how Fiverr works

I would certainly be willing to pay, say, $5 for a copy of that, complete with dissemination rights ...

• Like 7

It's not that in depth. It just covers payments (aka Fiverr takes care of that) cancellations (Fiverr takes care of the $$$, consider partial refunds if available), the feedback stuff above, links to various pages and the CS ticket page, and finally some tips. Mostly focused on sellers being well dodgy. If anyone has any lesser-known dodgy seller scams to share, please let me know. 

Which reminds me, I don't have a section on AI and Fiverr's marvellous AI disclosure policy. I should probably include a helpful little note about that, along with a note that Fiverr encourages sellers to use ChatGPT to communicate and it's really a whole lot of caveat emptor, so if there are any robot-sounding sellers, that's probably why.  

It all plays into the questionnaire where I have a question about whether they are new or not. If new, I chuck this into my response for them to chew over while my (now completely AI-free due to technical difficulties my incompetence ) automations break down and fall apart in the background, leaving me staring into the middle distance  blankly, wondering if I'm too young for a middle age crisis. 

But yeah, I could probably distribute free copies when it's done and after I've checked with CS that this isn't the sort of thing that Fiverr doesn't like. It does, after all, help buyers to not accidentally leave 4.7 reviews when they wanted to leave 5 star reviews. I did notice a little flurry of staff activity shortly after this was posted, so I'm hoping that the lack of response indicates not. Or maybe they're fixing the help center. Or maybe they were just listening, as usual. 

Probably won't be done for another month though. 

• Like 9

Posted (edited)

Although @coerdelion, you did just give me an idea: a $5 gig selling this ebook to sellers, which can be customized by changing the author name from my name to "sellername" to comply with TOS.

I envisage a ton of 5-star reviews in my future, glowing reviews, and an amazing success score. Perhaps a few bad ones from sellers who didn't read the book and didn't realize that they gave their buyer a book that told the buyer what they were doing was breaking Fiverr TOS and who now want a refund that I won't give them. 

Hm.  

EDIT: I just went to check the AI policy page in Community Standards and this popped up: 

image.png.ca1373aa4cbcf870f2717a389634e27a.png

I shall say no more. 

Edited by emmaki
  • Like 6

33 minutes ago, emmaki said:

EDIT: I just went to check the AI policy page in Community Standards and this popped up: 

image.png.ca1373aa4cbcf870f2717a389634e27a.png

I shall say no more.

Well, *that's* 🤮

35 minutes ago, emmaki said:

Although @coerdelion, you did just give me an idea: a $5 gig selling this ebook to sellers, which can be customized by changing the author name from my name to "sellername" to comply with TOS.

I was joking - but the more I think about it, the more I'm behind that idea ...

• Like 6

I don't suppose anyone knows if the tips are subject to small order fees if they're less than $75 or whatever it is? I don't care about it, but I know a lot of people do, and I think it's a good thing to tell new buyers about. I know they already get the service fee.

I can't find the tips page in the help center (again) because half the other articles have a different kind of "tip" in them (please keep your mind out of the gutter). 

• Like 5

54 minutes ago, emmaki said:

I just went to check the AI policy page in Community Standards and this popped up: 

Recently, I ran into some Fiverr guide (official stuff, not some guru) on book blurbs. Among other things, it advised buyers to try writing their book blurb with AI.

• Like 5

Posted (edited)
2 minutes ago, catwriter said:

Recently, I ran into some Fiverr guide (official stuff, not some guru) on book blurbs. Among other things, it advised buyers to try writing their book blurb with AI.

In the vibrant, yet divided city of Verona, a tale of timeless romance unfolds between two unlikely lovers, Romeo Montague and Juliet Capulet. Born into feuding families, their love blossoms in secrecy, challenging the deep-seated hatred that has marred their kin for generations. With the city as their backdrop, the young lovers dream of a future together, undeterred by the danger that their forbidden love brings. Amidst masked balls, moonlit encounters, and desperate plans, their passion ignites a series of events that will forever alter their families' destinies. Shakespeare's "Romeo and Juliet" is a classic story of love and tragedy, exploring themes of loyalty, fate, and the devastating cost of conflict. This masterpiece invites readers into a world where the heart's deepest desires battle the harsh realities of society, questioning whether love can truly conquer all.

Like this, you mean?

Edited by emmaki
it's not terrible...
  • Like 5
  • Up 1

5 minutes ago, emmaki said:

it's not terrible...

No, it's not terrible... Doesn't exactly help blurb writers on Fiverr, though. Hey, just ask AI to write it for you, don't bother paying someone to do it...

Edited by catwriter
  • Like 5

9 minutes ago, catwriter said:

Hey, just ask AI to write it for you, don't bother paying someone to do it...

Indeed, especially not when the writers are charging $400 to give you the exact same copy that they "wrote" without having to disclose it. 

It's not such bad advice after all! 

• Like 6