Regarding editing or deleting a message on fiverr inbox

Hello Community. 

Hope everyone is doing well.

I feel like there should be an edit option for a sent message within 5-10 minutes or such an option should be added in the chat. Where the previously sent message and the newly edited version are available to be seen. Because sometimes due to fast writing often I make typos. And it looks unprofessional. Sometimes for having a lot of messages in the inbox a message of one client accidentally gets sent to another client out of a rush. 

I know it's unwise not to double-check before sending a message, but the fact is that sometimes it's also not possible to keep track and be cautious all the time. 

It's a request to see if such can be possible... Also, I would love to hear from everyone about this. 

Thanks and Regards,

Teresa

• Like 5

No, they will not allow it because of the sensitive nature of business and policies. 

People will start sharing personal details with buyers or engage in activities which violate Fiverr TOS, and then start editing their texts. 🤐

• Like 3
  • Up 3

15 minutes ago, priyank_mod said:

No, they will not allow it because of the sensitive nature of business and policies. 

People will start sharing personal details with buyers or engage in activities which violate Fiverr TOS, and then start editing their texts. 🤐

Agreed. However, it is very easy for Fiverr to address this concern and still implement this functionality:

1. Show an “edited” or “message deleted” tag.

2. Allow Fiverr support to see the different versions of the messages and any that have been deleted.

• Like 4

3 minutes ago, charlsmcfarlane said:

Agreed. However, it is very easy for Fiverr to address this concern and still implement this functionality:

1. Show an “edited” or “message deleted” tag.

2. Allow Fiverr support to see the different versions of the messages and any that have been deleted.

Yes, that's pretty much possible like it happens on the forum too, very similar functionality. 

Just that it means additional work for them and a complex mechanism of proving to unscrupulous people that they broke a rule. Considering how template-d CS responses have been, I doubt they will make choices which involve more human work hours!! 

• Like 5
  • Up 2

On 3/27/2024 at 11:49 PM, teresabala said:

Hello Community. 

Hope everyone is doing well.

I feel like there should be an edit option for a sent message within 5-10 minutes or such an option should be added in the chat. Where the previously sent message and the newly edited version are available to be seen. Because sometimes due to fast writing often I make typos. And it looks unprofessional. Sometimes for having a lot of messages in the inbox a message of one client accidentally gets sent to another client out of a rush. 

I know it's unwise not to double-check before sending a message, but the fact is that sometimes it's also not possible to keep track and be cautious all the time. 

It's a request to see if such can be possible... Also, I would love to hear from everyone about this. 

Thanks and Regards,

Teresa

Hi Teresa,

Thank you for sharing your thoughts! I completely understand the need for an edit option, especially when typos slip through in fast-paced conversations. It's a common concern, and having the ability to edit messages within a short timeframe could enhance the chat experience. Let's see if this feature can be considered for future updates. Your feedback is valuable!

Best regards, 
Md. Mehedi Hasan

• Confused 2
  • Sad 1

• 4 months later...

What are saying priyank? What's 'sensitive' about wanting to edit a message? It's a simple request. Members can police themselves - we don't need fiverr for this - they are only concerned with themselves and really should up their game and listen to the people that pay their wages.

• Confused 2

8 minutes ago, mcgooligan said:

Members can police themselves.

Are you sure? Maybe true professional members not all members. Especially those who have an intention of misuse that fearure.

Edited by michmikaia
  • Like 2
  • Up 2

9 minutes ago, mcgooligan said:

What's 'sensitive' about wanting to edit a message? It's a simple request. Members can police themselves

If there is any conflict with the order,  CS reviews the conversations and agreements between the buyer and seller. However, what if the seller or buyer manipulates conversations to support their arguments when CS examines the case?

While it is possible to display the original version with this feature, there remains a concern about potential misuse.

• Up 1
  • Support 3

24 minutes ago, mcgooligan said:

What are saying priyank? What's 'sensitive' about wanting to edit a message? It's a simple request. Members can police themselves - we don't need fiverr for this - they are only concerned with themselves and really should up their game and listen to the people that pay their wages.

Everyone is already seeing a mass of sellers from a certain region in Asia creating Fiverr profiles with fake portfolios, fake studies, highly exaggerated language skills and fake skills. They are not even able to create a Fiver profile or gig description without ChatGPT.

What do you think will happen if they are allowed to edit the messages in the Fiverr inbox? This will end up in total chaos and abuse.

• Like 2
  • Up 2

51 minutes ago, mcgooligan said:

Oh I wish!

People can NOT police themselves. 

Customer service (and polite communication) is often a learnt skill. The same goes for buyers - they aren't just kind by default. 

In the past 7 years, I've seen everything from someone asking me to marry them (?) to cursing me out, to asking for things like feet pictures (or videos) or worse things (like that one not so nice person who wants very specific erotica written that goes against TOS in several ways. 

As inconvenient as it is to be unable to edit typos, having a 'paper trail' of what was said is very important. 

(This is why I also start every meeting with 'this is being recorded, by the way, too.)

Just because YOU are capable of being civil it doesn't mean that other people are. 

• Like 2
  • Up 1
  • Support 3

Hi all, seems like the topic is again getting active.

Even though I said this feature could be handy, unfortunately, it will indeed be difficult to keep it away from not being exploited. I've seen many people talking about the scammer. And it's true, I also got scam messages, If messages were editable, it would be easy for them to edit messages and put new things in the same one.

I was talking about a timer, like within 5 minutes the message can be edited and done only once. 

you are all right, editing messages could be dangerous.

Thanks for everyone's concern on this topic.

• Like 3