Client Forcing An Order - New Scam?

colegordon

Question

I've been away from Fiverr for a little bit, but since I've come back I've been dealing with rampant spam and unserious queries from brand new profiles. 

Eh, whatever, I can deal with spams. 

But today someone contact me and was pretty much trying force me to work with him. He wanted something outside the scope of my capabilities and I kept telling him I wasn't the right person for the job, gave him tips on what to search for to find the correct match, and even sent him different seller suggestions. But he kept responding with things like, "I want you to do it." "I believe in you. Please work do it for me." "I know you can do it." Then he said he really wanted to work with me because a friend recommended me and said I was "nice and helpful." Which was a blatant lie because Fiverr showed me that he came through a "promoted" click. In the end, he threw a tantrum, "I guess my friend was wrong about you. Go ahead and block me then." 

So I did.

I guess my question is, are there any new scammy tricks that I need to be cautious about? I've never encountered anything like that. But Fiverr in general has been weird since I came back. Any tips on how to navigating going forward?

Edited by colegordon
  • Like 2

2 answers to this question

If you receive any scam messages, such as being asked to contact via Telegram or outside of the marketplace using XYZ social media, immediately report the profile and block the user, otherwise, there is no solution.

Edited by developerlikhon
  • Like 2

You have to recognize the scammer by conversation. Serious buyer have no time to discuss unnecessary topic. They focus only on  their project. 

If you seem it an spammer then block him. 

• Like 2