I’ve been Scammed?

So I may rant a bit because I don’t even know where to begin. 

So I got a first buyer for my gig for voice over we talked for a bit about her project and price to her. the buyer had trouble syncing her bank to Fiverr because she worked on a cruise and said that might’ve been the problem. she couldn’t accept the offer but had a deadline. I told her no worries and that I can work on it as soon as possible. 

I delivered it in one day that I charged no extra and she asked for my email and that her payroll provider would contact me for payment. 

Her payroll provider gave me a check that was more than I what I was supposed to be paid. $350 but I was supposed to get $35

I told him and her that I didn’t accept the check and that it was a mistake. She messaged me and apologized on his failure and explained the money has already left and needs to be deposited to my bank and that $300 was supposed to be for an animator they hired. 

So I deposited it into my bank and emailed their animator on how they wanted it transferred. Once I transferred to their cash app, I kept my share and messaged that I completed the task. 

a week later and their company disputed and did a reversal check and withdrew the money that I didn’t even have. So i went into debt and my funds from voice acting was taken. 

I messaged their payroll provider about this, but I haven’t heard back, and tried to ask the person who commissioned me but it says I can no longer contact her, even though she’d said she would love to work with me next month on another project. I don’t know if I’ve been blocked but I’ve seen her online and off on Fiverr. I’ve tried messaging Fiverr support to at least message her or report her if she was a scammer and they didn’t even respond.

Worst part is my stupid bank (capital one) has bad customer service and they said they’ll investigate but couldn’t do anything and they’ll be closing my account and can no longer bank with them. 

I’ve been so patient and worked so hard, if they’re not scammer,  then this has been so unprofessional on their end. I could try to dispute the $300 on cash app to the “animator” but I don’t know if they’re a scammer or a freelancer too. They’ve also ignored my emails. 

While that wasn’t my main account, I'm disappointed that the money  I worked hard on as a VA  is gone because that was proof that I was a VA. And I know there’s a lot of scammers on Fiverr but didn’t think they were. 

• Like 4
  • Sad 1

7 minutes ago, staxva said:

So I got a first buyer for my gig for voice over we talked for a bit about her project and price to her. the buyer had trouble syncing her bank to Fiverr because she worked on a cruise and said that might’ve been the problem. she couldn’t accept the offer but had a deadline.

Reading only this part i can tell they are scammers . I would straight away reject working with them. 

13 minutes ago, staxva said:

Her payroll provider gave me a check that was more than I what I was supposed to be paid. $350 but I was supposed to get $35

Receiving any payments outside of fiverr is against Fiverr TOS. 👎 

18 minutes ago, staxva said:

Worst part is my stupid bank (capital one) has bad customer service and they said they’ll investigate but couldn’t do anything and they’ll be closing my account and can no longer bank with them. 

They were right because only the sender can lodge a dispute not the recipient.

22 minutes ago, staxva said:

I’ve been so patient and worked so hard, if they’re not scammer,  then this has been so unprofessional on their end. I could try to dispute the $300 on cash app to the “animator” but I don’t know if they’re a scammer or a freelancer too. They’ve also ignored my emails.

How can you say them unprofessional because only the one i can see is you! 🙄

Probably Yes lodge a dispute on cashapp explain them that they are scammers etc. I hope you get your money back.

• Like 3