I am thinking of converting my account to an agency

sumiregoto

I can't seem to find any information on this forum from others who have converted their fiverr accounts from an individual account to an agency. My main concern is whether I will continue getting as much reach as my current gigs are performing. Would love some advice and hear about other people's experiences - are you happy with your decision? What kind of clients did this change attract? Have your gig offerings increased? Any insight would be greatly appreciated 😊

• Like 17
  • Up 1

4 hours ago, sumiregoto said:

I can't seem to find any information on this forum from others who have converted their fiverr accounts from an individual account to an agency.

You are right. I never came across such information before on this forum.

To know more about this, I suggest you tag Top Rated Sellers who are active on this forum. They will be able to help you. They are the most efficient users of this forum in my opinion.

Thanks!

• Like 9
  • Thanks 1

Hi @sumiregoto - Currently only those in the Digital Marketing or Programming & Tech categories can apply for the "Agency" status, which is a new, vetted status that Fiverr launched earlier this year. Since you do offer LinkedIn digital marketing services, you may be able to qualify. You can sign up for the waiting list here:

https://pro.fiverr.com/cp/agencies-waiting-list

To qualify, you have to be an established company offering services from your Fiver account. If you pass Fiverr's vetting process, you will be given an application to fill out and you can convert your individual profile to an agency account. If you don't like being an agency (for example, if you thought you had better impressions as an individual), you can switch back to an individual account. However,  you might have to reapply to be an agency if you want to switch back.

Buyers will be able to filter their searches by "agency" to find agencies to work with. Agency gig cards will be twice the size of a normal gig card, so buyers can see more info before actually visiting your gig. Agencies will also be listed in the Pro category, which is another way that you'll have better visibility.

On your bigger gig card, you will be able to show the number of employees and indicate what sets you apart from the competition. Once buyers click on your agency, they will see your profile page, where you can include bios/pictures of your team members:

One agency's gig card and team bio:

image.png.2fb287ab3e35d092ae313f329eb1cad6.png

image.png.4e7fece4955152009d9340f05e838ab7.png

And from another agency's gig card:

image.png.aaeccf0f3dcf28249c5b580d5bef08dd.png

1 hour ago, sabbir_tareq said:

For creating an agency?
- I guess you need to log in to multiple devices? Is this even possible for Fiverr?

No - Fiverr only allows one login/email for the agency account so that they can manage all of the user permissions. Fiverr discourages team members of an agency from having their own Fiverr account.

You can visit the Help Center and read more about this feature:

https://help.fiverr.com/hc/en-us/articles/21099496893585-Fiverr-agencies

My Opinion

I don't like the idea of Fiverr vetting agencies unless they are being vetting as a TRS or Pro account - agencies are currently operating under individual profiles and already have an advantage over sellers who are working alone. Sellers should just be able to have a toggle button that labels them as an agency (with agency features activated if the toggle button is on). This would make it more transparent for buyers on how sellers are operating, and easier for agencies to operate because they can immediately access the admin/user permission settings. In this new "Agency" program, only vetted agencies will have the badge and these privileges, while the majority of agencies will still look, operate, and be compared with individual seller accounts. This doesn't seem very fair or transparent to me.

Edited by vickieito
  • Like 16
  • Up 4

I was wondering that why would an individual seller seek an agency account?? 🧐 To my limited understanding, there are no additional benefits except the badge & admin privileges.  

And like @vickieito just pointed out and I remember @dereck_s also posted a few times that many agencies are actually hiding behind individual seller accounts and grabbing lion's share of orders!! 🤦‍♂️

• Like 10

I think, don't need to convert your account to an agency account. if you get many orders in your gigs then you can create a group with some people who love to work with you. then you can share your project. 

• Like 6

6 hours ago, priyank_mod said:

I was wondering that why would an individual seller seek an agency account?? 🧐 To my limited understanding, there are no additional benefits except the badge & admin privileges.  

And like @vickieito just pointed out and I remember @dereck_s also posted a few times that many agencies are actually hiding behind individual seller accounts and grabbing lion's share of orders!! 🤦‍♂️

Yep, if you look on the forums the general rule of thumb is "If I'm on the front page of searches I'll get orders". Turns out that isn't the case at all and a lion share of all orders are funneled into a 1-3 "favored" sellers on Fiverr. These sellers (they have not gone through the agency process so Fiverr SHOULD see them as an individual seller) get hundreds of orders a day. 

The average TRS on this page has 10ish orders but there's a few TRS that literally have no orders on the front page. Meanwhile these 2 sellers have more orders than the rest of the front page combined. The seller on the top has 512 orders with a 2 day deliver window. Assuming 3 concepts per order that's 1,536 concepts every 2 days not to mention revisions, messages, etc. 

It's the same deal with the seller below him except he has a 4 day delivery window. He has also taken place with Fiverr in the logo gig webinar as a solo seller.

Long story short most of the other sellers on this page never stood a chance.

Capture.jpg

• Like 7
  • Sad 1
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, talha2782 said:

I think, don't need to convert your account to an agency account. if you get many orders in your gigs then you can create a group with some people who love to work with you. then you can share your project. 

You do have to list that you are a part of an agency and if you are it's apparent and listed as such to anyone viewing the profile.

• Like 4
  • Up 1

56 minutes ago, dereck_s said:

Yep, if you look on the forums the general rule of thumb is "If I'm on the front page of searches I'll get orders". Turns out that isn't the case at all and a lion share of all orders are funneled into a 1-3 "favored" sellers on Fiverr. These sellers (they have not gone through the agency process so Fiverr SHOULD see them as an individual seller) get hundreds of orders a day. 

The average TRS on this page has 10ish orders but there's a few TRS that literally have no orders on the front page. Meanwhile these 2 sellers have more orders than the rest of the front page combined. The seller on the top has 512 orders with a 2 day deliver window. Assuming 3 concepts per order that's 1,536 concepts every 2 days not to mention revisions, messages, etc. 

It's the same deal with the seller below him except he has a 4 day delivery window. He has also taken place with Fiverr in the logo gig webinar as a solo seller.

Long story short most of the other sellers on this page never stood a chance.

Capture.jpg

Something seems off about those sellers though. I looked at the gig that has the 512 orders in queue, and the designs are clearly AI, and some buyers claimed that the communication seemed to be AI as well.  Clearly the gig descriptions were written by ChatGPT.  With 512 in order on a 48 hour delivery window, that means that they need to deliver 3 logos to a user every 6 minutes 24/7.

• Like 8
  • Confused 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, newsmike said:

Something seems off about those sellers though. I looked at the gig that has the 512 orders in queue, and the designs are clearly AI, and some buyers claimed that the communication seemed to be AI as well.  Clearly the gig descriptions were written by ChatGPT.  With 512 in order on a 48 hour delivery window, that means that they need to deliver 3 logos to a user every 6 minutes 24/7.

Yeah it's 100% being funneled orders by Fiverr. Once a few years back I had around 30ish orders at one time (some random surge I still can't explain) and let me tell you the messages and inquires were almost constant the entire time so while that person is building a logo every 2 minutes there's also doing revisions and customer support which would need multiple people for each role. It's the same for the other seller as well.

• Like 7

On 3/24/2024 at 5:44 AM, dereck_s said:

The seller on the top has 512 orders with a 2 day deliver window. Assuming 3 concepts per order that's 1,536 concepts every 2 days not to mention revisions, messages, etc. 

Seller(s) behind these accounts must be like...

giphy.gif

• Like 5
  • Haha 8

On 3/24/2024 at 12:31 PM, dereck_s said:

Yeah it's 100% being funneled orders by Fiverr. Once a few years back I had around 30ish orders at one time (some random surge I still can't explain) and let me tell you the messages and inquires were almost constant the entire time so while that person is building a logo every 2 minutes there's also doing revisions and customer support which would need multiple people for each role. It's the same for the other seller as well.

This happened to me too! My impressions 20X in a matter of weeks and the amount of enquires I received was unsustainable. I had to extend delivery times to 2 weeks and significantly increase prices to keep up with the demand. I lost my top rated seller badge due to my response rate and not being able to get back to prospects promptly. This was due to MANY of them being spam messages from people looking for work too. 

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, sumiregoto said:

This happened to me too! My impressions 20X in a matter of weeks and the amount of enquires I received was unsustainable. I had to extend delivery times to 2 weeks and significantly increase prices to keep up with the demand. I lost my top rated seller badge due to my response rate and not being able to get back to prospects promptly. This was due to MANY of them being spam messages from people looking for work too. 

Change the number of orders in queue you can accept. If your gig reaches that number, it automatically stops and makes your life easier. I used that multiple times.

• Like 4
  • Up 1

9 minutes ago, donnovan86 said:

Change the number of orders in queue you can accept. If your gig reaches that number, it automatically stops and makes your life easier. I used that multiple times.

I've thought about this but then my concern was losing gig impressions and overall reach once I catch up. Did it affect the performance of your gig or was it still consistent? Definitely something I will consider in the future! 

• Like 2

On 3/24/2024 at 3:06 AM, vickieito said:

Hi @sumiregoto - Currently only those in the Digital Marketing or Programming & Tech categories can apply for the "Agency" status, which is a new, vetted status that Fiverr launched earlier this year. Since you do offer LinkedIn digital marketing services, you may be able to qualify. You can sign up for the waiting list here:

https://pro.fiverr.com/cp/agencies-waiting-list

To qualify, you have to be an established company offering services from your Fiver account. If you pass Fiverr's vetting process, you will be given an application to fill out and you can convert your individual profile to an agency account. If you don't like being an agency (for example, if you thought you had better impressions as an individual), you can switch back to an individual account. However,  you might have to reapply to be an agency if you want to switch back.

Buyers will be able to filter their searches by "agency" to find agencies to work with. Agency gig cards will be twice the size of a normal gig card, so buyers can see more info before actually visiting your gig. Agencies will also be listed in the Pro category, which is another way that you'll have better visibility.

On your bigger gig card, you will be able to show the number of employees and indicate what sets you apart from the competition. Once buyers click on your agency, they will see your profile page, where you can include bios/pictures of your team members:

No - Fiverr only allows one login/email for the agency account so that they can manage all of the user permissions. Fiverr discourages team members of an agency from having their own Fiverr account.

You can visit the Help Center and read more about this feature:

https://help.fiverr.com/hc/en-us/articles/21099496893585-Fiverr-agencies

My Opinion

I don't like the idea of Fiverr vetting agencies unless they are being vetting as a TRS or Pro account - agencies are currently operating under individual profiles and already have an advantage over sellers who are working alone. Sellers should just be able to have a toggle button that labels them as an agency (with agency features activated if the toggle button is on). This would make it more transparent for buyers on how sellers are operating, and easier for agencies to operate because they can immediately access the admin/user permission settings. In this new "Agency" program, only vetted agencies will have the badge and these privileges, while the majority of agencies will still look, operate, and be compared with individual seller accounts. This doesn't seem very fair or transparent to me.

Thanks for your advice! Yes, I found all this information through Fiverr but I was hoping to get some insight from people on Fiverr who have converted their accounts already. I have been vetted and approved but I have not yet set up my new agency account as I wanted to make sure it was the right move given that it's such a new offering. The main bonus for me is being able to seamlessly collaborate on projects with my team through Fiverr so I am looking forward to seeing how this will work.

I appreciate your opinion on the vetting process. Even if they aren't TRS or Pro accounts, I still think agencies should be open to accounts that have a track record of providing consistent high-quality work. I have held TRS and Fiverr's choice on my gigs and am currently in the process of achieving this again, I've also considered going Pro despite conversations with my previous CSM about this strategy, something I am still considering. Lots to think about and it's new territory for me but I am looking to convert my account in the next week so hopefully I will be able to shed some more light on this topic!

• Like 4

13 minutes ago, sumiregoto said:

I've thought about this but then my concern was losing gig impressions and overall reach once I catch up. Did it affect the performance of your gig or was it still consistent? Definitely something I will consider in the future! 

Well if you don't stop those new orders from coming, then constant extensions, potentially late deliveries can be an issue. Not to mention higher prices will put some people off. The gig will not appear in search until the number of orders is under that limit. I didn't feel any major difference, last time I used that was 2 years ago, but I did use the system for years and it didn't affect me. Whether things changed or not, I don't know. But it's definitely better than the alternative of dealing with bad reviews, too much work and pressure.

You should assess the situation and see what works for you.

• Like 5

On 3/28/2024 at 11:45 PM, sumiregoto said:

I am looking to convert my account in the next week so hopefully I will be able to shed some more light on this topic!

Please do! I haven't seen any feedback from those who converted their accounts to the new agency profiles. Hopefully your posts can encourage more feedback and discussion on this new feature.

On 3/29/2024 at 12:00 AM, donnovan86 said:

I didn't feel any major difference

I also noticed that when I use the limit-orders-in-queue feature, if I turn that feature off, impressions jump back immediately (as opposed to using Out-Of-Office, where it usually takes 3-4 days to start getting impressions again).

• Like 4