Thinking of Fiverr Introducing Its Own Goodies Like Tshirts and Caps Etc

xlancer

Personally, I wouldn’t bother with selling physical products that require shipping as it opens up the Seller up to a whole new batch of potential problems such as postal-issues, poor ratings & reviews due to late / slow shipping of said items (it may take a lot longer to ship to some countries than others), more scams from Buyers (perhaps claiming they never received the item when in fact they did, or claiming the item was broken/defective when it is fine), trying to figure out how much extra to charge for shipping to certain countries, some countries may not allow shipping too, customs, taxes, etc… 😛

Reply to @lonewolfdon: That is basically a list of all the reasons I won’t do anything requiring postage. There’s a HUGE potential for extra items for me, but at the end of the day it will mean worse ratings and a headache because, in essence, I’d be relying on other people to both do their job efficiently and be honest.

…wow I have the worst faith in humanity sometimes.

Reply to @inkpetal: Well, I suppose it depends on many factors. In my country, overall the postal-system seems fairly decent (though still slow at times and not without its occasional issues). However, several times in the past, when attempting to send letters or small parcels to some friends who lived in another country (a “3rd World Country” I guess it might be considered as, I won’t mention the country name as some people might mistake me and take some offense), half the time the letter (or parcel) didn’t arrive to them, or when it did often it was already ripped opened (most likely by someone employed in their postal service, hoping to find something of value).

Reply to @lonewolfdon: To be perfectly fashionable, we call them Developing Nations now. Internationally, anywhere, security can be tight. I had a parcel delivered to me from America (to Australia) and all it contained were books. It arrived knifed open, having cut into the top book. Their idea of rectifying this was a note stating “Damaged in transit”. Well, really? No I thought it was packed that way ya bums. Generally, right now, Australia Post is having a spot of trouble and I can’t trust them to deliver anything. Chronic for not bothering to ring a doorbell. (end rand about the post, haha!)

Guest norrsken_marc

Reply to @kjblynx: wouldn’t Fiverr think that any merchandise made would just eat up their revenues, as well as being a real headache to manage? Unless, of course, they get some outside service to handle, which would in fact be a good idea for even more exposure.

Guest norrsken_marc

@kjblynx I agree, especially for fun stuff like coasters, stickers, decals, etc., they could end up appearing everywhere and anywhere.

Archived