Reversed Funds

jessfisher97

I am absolutely fuming. "The customer is always right" has gone way too far.

TRS, Voice Actor, over 1K 5-Star reviews, level 10. I've been dealing with an EXTREMELY difficult middle man buyer. Placed an order for $100, I complete it, it autocompletes in January. Reaches out for a script change, fine, I charge him $20, I complete it, that's fine. He asks for a new order March 7th to re-do the entire script due to script changes, I complete that. FIVE revisions later, he tries to change the script again, I send him script change fee (I am extremely clear in my gig description, FAQ's, and delivery message that script changes incur fees). He says he doesn't have the funds, so I offer to cancel, he says he refuses unless I refund him for all of the previous orders since they were for the same script. I say that isn't possible. Suddenly he has the $20. So I complete the revision. He comes back today with a LAUNDRY LIST of changes. Now we're at 6 revisions for a $65 order. I say I'm done, I'm cancelling (something I very rarely do). He says he will not accept unless I refund him for everything, I again tell him that I can't do that, he says he's going to try anyway, I say fine.

I reach out to customer support and explain everything. Not only do they cancel the current order (fine) but they "cancelled" my order from back in January, and now my Fiverr account is overdrafted (is this not a word?)

I delivered every order 100%. They were completed. Now I have a reverse earnings statement in my account for $100. How is this okay?! I reached out to support but I wanted to see if anyone else has experienced an "Earnings reversed."

TLDR: $100 completed order from January reversed because of difficult buyer, account overdrafted now.

• Like 6

1 hour ago, jessfisher97 said:

I am absolutely fuming. "The customer is always right" has gone way too far.

TRS, Voice Actor, over 1K 5-Star reviews, level 10. I've been dealing with an EXTREMELY difficult middle man buyer. Placed an order for $100, I complete it, it autocompletes in January. Reaches out for a script change, fine, I charge him $20, I complete it, that's fine. He asks for a new order March 7th to re-do the entire script due to script changes, I complete that. FIVE revisions later, he tries to change the script again, I send him script change fee (I am extremely clear in my gig description, FAQ's, and delivery message that script changes incur fees). He says he doesn't have the funds, so I offer to cancel, he says he refuses unless I refund him for all of the previous orders since they were for the same script. I say that isn't possible. Suddenly he has the $20. So I complete the revision. He comes back today with a LAUNDRY LIST of changes. Now we're at 6 revisions for a $65 order. I say I'm done, I'm cancelling (something I very rarely do). He says he will not accept unless I refund him for everything, I again tell him that I can't do that, he says he's going to try anyway, I say fine.

I reach out to customer support and explain everything. Not only do they cancel the current order (fine) but they "cancelled" my order from back in January, and now my Fiverr account is overdrafted (is this not a word?)

I delivered every order 100%. They were completed. Now I have a reverse earnings statement in my account for $100. How is this okay?! I reached out to support but I wanted to see if anyone else has experienced an "Earnings reversed."

TLDR: $100 completed order from January reversed because of difficult buyer, account overdrafted now.

I'm curious, did you contact CS first and provide all the details of the situation prior to your buyer getting there?  Did you remind CS and your SM that the TOS protects you in these situations? Yes it is sad but you have to educate CS as to the TOS. Did you quote the TOS to the buyer explaining why the order was not eligible for cancellations in your conversations so that CS could see it and be reminded of the actual policy?  It is sad but you have to get out in front of a buyer like this so that you are covered. Also, you should ask CS if Fiverr will reimburse you for the cancellation. I have only had a couple cancellations due to chargebacks, and Fiverr reimbursed me. 

Edited by newsmike
  • Like 3
  • Up 1

15 hours ago, newsmike said:

I'm curious, did you contact CS first and provide all the details of the situation prior to your buyer getting there?

There seem to be more inquiries like this recently and I'm wondering whether or not there can be any recourse if the buyers do contact CS first and receive a refund.

Also, there's a "conflict" aspect of gig success scores where it's been mentioned by staff on the forum that reaching out to CS about a potential conflict could impact it. Have you experienced that?

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, mandyzines said:

There seem to be more inquiries like this recently and I'm wondering whether or not there can be any recourse if the buyers do contact CS first and receive a refund.

Also, there's a "conflict" aspect of gig success scores where it's been mentioned by staff on the forum that reaching out to CS about a potential conflict could impact it. Have you experienced that?

I haven't in any way that I could detect. I have very few conflicts or refund discussions, so it is hard to tell. But then again, the lack of transparency as to what actually does factor in and what is speculation or urban legend muddies the waters as well. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

11 minutes ago, mandyzines said:

I wonder if they maintain a registry of escalated conflicts with buyers + order cancellations for each seller and our metrics on that registry are now part of the success score. 

e.g a seller received 100 orders in the last 2 years and a total of 12 orders (out of 100) had attached tickets on various 'delivery/responsiveness/quality of work related conflicts' and some were even cancelled by seller/buyer.

Note: Extra negative points if buyer initiated the cancellation request and seller accepted it. 

• Like 2
  • Up 1
  • Thanks 1

38 minutes ago, priyank_mod said:

I wonder if they maintain a registry of escalated conflicts with buyers + order cancellations for each seller and our metrics on that registry are now part of the success score. 

e.g a seller received 100 orders in the last 2 years and a total of 12 orders (out of 100) had attached tickets on various 'delivery/responsiveness/quality of work related conflicts' and some were even cancelled by seller/buyer.

Note: Extra negative points if buyer initiated the cancellation request and seller accepted it. 

It seemed like it might even apply to instances where the buyer might not even know you are reaching out to CS and you are only looking for advice about a potential conflict in regards to a specific order. It does state in the TOS that they want conflicts to be handled without CS involved, basically. 

• Like 2
  • Up 1

I just had somehow a similar experience!!!

A client came to me asking to fix his pc and I offered him multiple services that includes diagnosis, fixing and optimizing his pc, He ordered thoses services which I delivered successfully with his confirmation and a 5 star review for each of these orders.

The next day he contacted me saying he changed his cpu, motherboard and ram based on hardware problems I discovered previously in his system and he wants the same services for his new upgraded pc. I said ok let's do it. A long the way we had a disagreement due to him changing his words and needs multiple times so I said I will not continue doing this any longer due to him wasting my time.

After 3 days (which is today morning) without any prior notice, fiver just sends me notifications about my orders just got cancled right away and my money "my rightfully hard earned working money from previous successfully finished orders" were being taken from me as if I stole them, and a fiverr big page covering my entire broswer that prevented me from accessing my account unless I press the  confirm button saying "I abused the delivery button and if I do this a second time, they will close my account for good"

Is that fair!!!???

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, abdel_kayoum said:

A long the way we had a disagreement due to him changing his words and needs multiple times so I said I will not continue doing this any longer due to him wasting my time.

What did you do then? Deliver something or cancel?

If he kept on asking for changes lots of times you could change the "unlimited revisons" part of your gig(s). Have a fixed amount. Having unlimited ones will just make them want to keep changing their mind lots of times.

10 minutes ago, abdel_kayoum said:

and a fiverr big page covering my entire broswer that prevented me from accessing my account unless I press the  confirm button saying "I abused the delivery button and if I do this a second time, they will close my account for good"

You could contact CS about this is if multiple orders have been incorrectly cancelled/refunded and show them proof that you did the work that was in each order, and see if they'll remove the warning.

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, uk1000 said:

What did you do then? Deliver something or cancel?

If he kept on asking for changes lots of times you could change the "unlimited revisons" part of your gig(s). Have a fixed amount. Having unlimited ones will just make them want to keep changing their mind lots of times.

You could contact CS about this is if multiple orders have been incorrectly cancelled/refunded and show them proof that you did the work that was in each order, and see if they'll remove the warning.

4 orders were delivered completed and 5 star rated with happy reviews on each

the disagreement came after when he contacted me the next day and we were discussing new orders for his upgraded pc and when i refused to continue the conversation, apparently he made a request to cancel his previous orders "which i finished successfully" and fiverr system allowed him to actually do that and take my money

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

apparently he made a request to cancel his previous orders "which i finished successfully" and fiverr system allowed him to actually do that and take my money

It's probably worth contacting CS about it like I said. Show the proof of what you did for each of the cancelled orders, try to get refunded for the cancelled orders and try to get the warning removed since it was done incorrectly. Maybe explain about the buyer being unreasonable in what they were asking in the inbox about a potential new order and that that was why you decided against continuing with them about the potential new order.

Edited by uk1000
  • Like 1

Just now, uk1000 said:

It's probably worth contacting CS about it like I said. Show the proof of what you did, try to get refunded for the cancelled orders and try to get the warning removed since it was done incorrectly.

I already did in the morning

i contacted customer support but with no reply from them yet

so i thought i would check in here if anyone had a smiliar experience and to my surprise i was not the only one

i feel very very very down, to the point that i dont want to continue working on this platform anymore

if successfully finished and confirmed orders get canceled like that, how can sellers feel safe working in here

this unfair way of canceling needs to be changed!!!

• Like 1
  • Up 1

How can I warn other sellers from working with this horrible creature??

Is it legal to share his profile name in these conversation in forums??

or what else actions can i do against him besides contacting customer support??

• Like 1

Is it legal to share his profile name in these conversation in forums??

It wouldn't be allowed by forum rules, which say:

...or negatively calling members out by username is not allowed.

You could leave a public review if on the main site if it will let you (on one of the past orders), giving your side of the story - but sellers probably won't see it if it's not on their profile.

or what else actions can i do against him besides contacting customer support??

If one of their messages was against the TOS you could report it with the report option at the top of the message. Then it would probably get looked at by the trust & safety team rather than CS.

Edited by uk1000
  • Like 1

that is what bothers me also!!

my reviews on him on previous orders were good

as of his on my page as well cause i did the job with 100 percent satisfaction which was stated by himself on my profile and also in our private chat after finishing the first 4 orders

the entire situation is driving me crazy and frustrated

i hope in near future, fiverr would find a way to prevent this from happening to any of us ever again 

• Like 1
  • Sad 1
  • Up 1