Revision request after gig has been officially completed

purpledog32

Question

I have a client who is requesting a revision a week after their job has been completed. I feel like I have to do whatever the client wants or I risk getting a bad review which will lower my stats on Fiverr and I can't afford that to happen! I'm at the mercy of the client despite our original agreement which was 1 revision. How do I handle this? These revisions could go on forever due to fear of a bad review and my stats taking a hit. 

• Like 2

3 answers to this question

What I typically do is this: if the revision is small (something that takes 5-10 minutes), I go ahead and make it, but if it's significant, I quote a price. So, I would simply respond with, 'Sure, I can make the requested changes for [Price].'

In the past few years, I've never had a buyer leave me negative feedback because of this, but I do let my buyers know how many revisions are included after they place an order with me and when I deliver the order. In my deliveries, I include a statement such as, 'As part of your order, you are entitled to 3 rounds of free visual revisions, so feel free to request any changes and adjustments you feel are needed.'

Here's a recent example:

Capture.PNG

• Like 2

I usually try to fulfil a client's request for revision. Even if the client comes after one month of the order completion, I try to change/modify/fix the areas she/he is requesting me to help on. Why? Because I consider this a part of my work. Not anything extra.

Yes, there are a few difficult clients, whose revision requests are so strange, stressful, time consuming. I have had one client who sent request for re-making the book, because she realized she didn't want the type of book she initially started the order for. I actually re-made the book(150 pages book). Most, I would say, 98% clients/buyers are not like that, though. 

• Like 1