Is there a way of repentance for an unfortunate collaboration experience with bad review?

web_coder_nsd

Hello sweet people,

I hope you're all doing well. I'm reaching out today because I recently observed something wrong with a past collaboration, and I could really use some guidance and advice from fellow freelancers.

Around 10 months ago, I had an order with a client where we both agreed on the project requirements and I delivered the work as per our agreement. However, due to unforeseen personal circumstances, I had to take a sudden and unexpected long break from work. During this time, the client requested a revision, but unfortunately, I wasn't able to respond or address their request as I was unaware of their messages. In fact, I was out of internet, and yes, I was mentally exhausted and completely forgot about the order.

Upon returning to Fiverr, I was disheartened to see that the order had been automatically completed, and the client had left a negative review expressing their dissatisfaction. I take great pride in delivering high-quality work and ensuring client satisfaction, so receiving this negative feedback has been quite upsetting.

I have attached the review left by the client for reference. I completely forgot and was super busy in schedules that I didn't notice it properly until I saw it recently this week. Now, I'm wondering if there is any way to rectify this situation and possibly assist the buyer further. Is there a process for addressing past collaboration issues and potentially removing negative reviews? I would greatly appreciate any insights, advice, or experiences that you can share on this matter.

Thank you in advance for your help and support.

Best regards,

Noushad

image.png.50de40d475a4abd9d7aa54ac478cff10.png

Edited by web_coder_nsd
  • Like 7

8 minutes ago, web_coder_nsd said:

I wasn't able to respond or address their request as I was unaware of their messages. In fact, I was out of internet, and yes, I was mentally exhausted and completely forgot about the order.

Upon returning to Fiverr, I was disheartened to see that the order had been automatically completed, a

You could have (and still could) answer their messages in the Fiverr inbox if the order was completed. Though if it was 10 months ago it's probably too long ago for that (they might have the answers to their questions now). You could see if it's possible to still enter a reply to the review (by going to the bottom of the order page) if you wanted to say something there and still offer to help with their questions, since adding a polite reply to the rating might help if other buyers see it.

• Like 5

18 minutes ago, web_coder_nsd said:

Hello sweet people,

I hope you're all doing well. I'm reaching out today because I recently observed something wrong with a past collaboration, and I could really use some guidance and advice from fellow freelancers.

Around 10 months ago, I had an order with a client where we both agreed on the project requirements and I delivered the work as per our agreement. However, due to unforeseen personal circumstances, I had to take a sudden and unexpected long break from work. During this time, the client requested a revision, but unfortunately, I wasn't able to respond or address their request as I was unaware of their messages. In fact, I was out of internet, and yes, I was mentally exhausted and completely forgot about the order.

Upon returning to Fiverr, I was disheartened to see that the order had been automatically completed, and the client had left a negative review expressing their dissatisfaction. I take great pride in delivering high-quality work and ensuring client satisfaction, so receiving this negative feedback has been quite upsetting.

I have attached the review left by the client for reference. I completely forgot and was super busy in schedules that I didn't notice it properly until I saw it recently this week. Now, I'm wondering if there is any way to rectify this situation and possibly assist the buyer further. Is there a process for addressing past collaboration issues and potentially removing negative reviews? I would greatly appreciate any insights, advice, or experiences that you can share on this matter.

Thank you in advance for your help and support.

Best regards,

Noushad

image.png.50de40d475a4abd9d7aa54ac478cff10.png

You can consider contacting Fiverr's customer support team to explain the situation and request their assistance in addressing the negative review, although there is no guarantee of its removal.

• Like 5

Having (a few) negative reviews is completely fine, and it's just a matter of time before they stop bothering you someday. The most you can do is write a response to it and that's it (you can leave the response for a lifetime- even after a year). I too have received a negative review full of petty lies (everyone does), and when you keep completing more orders, it's obvious to get some negative reviews. So, just ignore them (or learn from them if you were genuinely at fault) and move on! 🙂

• Like 7