How do you use social media?

Kesha

Social media is a powerful tool that can help increase your exposure and clientele. Do you use social media to amplify your freelance business? If so, what platforms do you use and what strategies have you found the most effective?

• Like 17
  • Up 1

Why would we use social media to bring clients to our fiverr profile? There's 20% fee on our end, buyer will have to pay extra fee as well.

There are no incentives provided to sellers for referring new clients. Fiverr should look at it's competition. If a seller brings new clients to platform, there should be no fee from seller for the first order. 

• Like 12
  • Up 4

I keep my personal and professional life separate. I have never posted my gigs on my feed anywhere and except for a couple of close friends, nobody I know personally have seen my gigs either. 

And I somehow trust Fiverr's organic search results more than LinkedIn. Been on Linkedin since 2008 and over a period of time, it has turned into a shallow place full self-gloating people who pretend to be eternally optimistic & empathetic!!  🙈

• Like 11
  • Up 6
  • Thanks 1

51 minutes ago, hamza_teamalif said:

Why would we use social media to bring clients to our fiverr profile? There's 20% fee on our end, buyer will have to pay extra fee as well.

There are no incentives provided to sellers for referring new clients. Fiverr should look at it's competition. If a seller brings new clients to platform, there should be no fee from seller for the first order. 

Hi! Thanks for the suggestion. As a seller, it's not necessary to bring clients over to your Fiverr profile, but there are some added benefits if you do. On top of having a centralized hub where you can track all your orders in one place, you also have a dedicated CS staff and Risk team who can help mitigate any issues between buyers.

• Like 9

On 3/14/2024 at 6:36 PM, shihabahamednr said:

yeah I use facebook, linkdin, and twitter for advertising my gig.

@shihabahamednr Using social media seldom leads to orders. You will have more success when you use the Fiverr website.
Many (desperate) sellers think that social media will bring them orders. It seldom leads to results, I can see it on your profile. Your account was created in November 2022 and you still have not a single review.

• Like 8
  • Sad 2
  • Up 4

Most Fiverr sellers who "promote their gigs" on social media copy and paste the link to their gig and do nothing else. A few will go to ChatGPT and copy-paste a long, boring screed of text about how great their service is. The remainder just float around saying "I can help you with that" and paste their gig. There is an entire subreddit that is just links to Fiverr gigs.

Reddit has permanently blacklisted all links from the Fiverr domain for this and what it calls "vote manipulation". That means that in the past, Fiverr sellers were not only spamming Reddit, but also purchasing fake upvotes to make their gig seem popular. A cursory glance at most of Fiverr's socials sees sellers hijacking announcements and posts to spam their gigs or using it to get support for tickets that are not being answered. 

This is how Fiverr sellers use social media. Former Fiverr sellers (I suppose who have been "asked to leave") tend to sneer about Fiverr while spamming industry-relevant niches with their non-Fiverr sites. Some of these have transferred their Fiverr reviews elsewhere (and I've seen recommendations to add Fiverr reviews to TrustPilot to "increase trust"), often to foreign-language sites of dubious quality. 

Anybody who is smart will not associate themselves with the Fiverr brand when "advertising" on social media (not because of Fiverr, but because of all the above nonsense) and instead bring people to their own website. There, they can consult with the lead as they see fit and choose whether to keep them on-site or redirect to Fiverr (BYOB is a good argument for this - no commissions, but not everyone has it and the program is a bit hidden from view). 

I don't promote my Fiverr on social media. I promote me. And I wouldn't send anyone to the site even with BYOB because I'm tired of the way this site is run, "centralized hub" or not. If Fiverr wants to run its own platform into the ground in the quest for profits, nobody can stop it, but they can take their business elsewhere. 

• Like 14
  • Up 6

21 minutes ago, emmaki said:

A cursory glance at most of Fiverr's socials sees sellers hijacking announcements and posts to spam their gigs or using it to get support for tickets that are not being answered. 

In the past, I have received occasional 'new followers' on Insta - they scan the likes on Fiverr's posts and follow everyone. 

Bonus: One gentleman also asked for work. 🥰

• Like 11
  • Haha 5

8 minutes ago, priyank_mod said:

One gentleman also asked for work

On r/fiverr, almost every post where a buyer basically says "I hired a bad person and I'm sad/angry/disappointed", there is someone who thinks this is primetime to promote their gig, usually with inept marketing techniques like:

• i might no be  a 5-star trs but i would never do that [spamlink]
  • thats terrible u shld try my friend [spamlink]
  • hey i do that! let me do u for free [spamlink]
  • i can help [spamlink] 
  • u need halps? [spamlink]
  • [spamlink]
  • [GPT spamlink]

Fiverr sellers are worse than digital marketers, but slightly better than email spam for "male enhancement products". 

• Like 6
  • Haha 5
  • Confused 1

We are always hearing that social media is the best way to promote our gigs and work around the Globe, but you know each platform is having their own audience. Social media is a platform, where people are trying to connect to their friends and family members to provide them updates and for the purpose of enjoyment and to get new updates about their loved one. 
Here, we are trying to use social media for the different purpose so definitely we will not get the results what we are expecting from there as this is having their own kind of audience. 
Yes, I am not saying that social media will never work for getting the work and order. Might be possible in some exceptional cases, if anyone is having some requirements in their mind and instantly, they are getting the GIG, they can rad it out and if they like, they can order from there but, there is less chance to get this kind of buyer from there. 
For kind information, fiverr is one of the World's Biggest platform or we can say marketplace where sellers and buyers are met for their requirements so if you want to grow yourself, you have to maintain your profile and that's it. 

More suggestions are welcome on this topic...

Thanks in advance !!!

• Like 7

19 hours ago, hamza_teamalif said:

Why would we use social media to bring clients to our fiverr profile?

The reason for that is there is more security if you bring clients on Fiverr. You are assured that they will pay you once you complete their orders. 

If you talk to them online then who will guarantee that you will get a payment? 

For the assurance, we use this platform. Also, Fiverr handles disputes through the resolution center which you don't get in social media.

Hope you understand.

• Like 5
  • Haha 1

I'm a very new seller on this platform, but from what I can see on the forum, no seller feels secured by the Risk team which you mentioned as an advantage of the website. If fact every post in this forum is about the website working more against the freelancers than for them. So in this situation why would anyone want to bring their client here ?

Even in movies when they pay the mafia they expect proper protection 🙂 Now imagine if a small shop would pay mafia and mafia instead of  protection, would everyday come up with new laws that would protect the ones who attack that shop, would that shop pay the mafia again? Would they suggest their friends to pay the mafia ? Or would they look for other mafia gang ?....

• Like 5
  • Up 2

7 hours ago, emmaki said:

Anybody who is smart will not associate themselves with the Fiverr brand when "advertising" on social media (not because of Fiverr, but because of all the above nonsense) and instead bring people to their own website.

There are a lot of Voice Actors, Coaches, and (more importantly) Agents who despise Fiverr for being Fiverr, and thinks its existence is devaluing the industry as a whole. I know a few people who have a moniker specifically for selling on Fiverr because of this.

• Like 4
  • Up 3

3 hours ago, Kesha said:

Social media is a powerful tool that can help increase your exposure and clientele. Do you use social media to amplify your freelance business? If so, what platforms do you use and what strategies have you found the most effective?

Social media is useless... if we want to get sales, organic traffic from the fiverr market place is what works... I'm a digital marketer. I've run ads on fb, ig, google, pinterest and it's useless.... it won't give you clicks if the public is not a fiverr user... people is lazy to sign up to a new website.
And with your new system.... now we're not allowed to get exposure on fiverr market because you removed us from search results... so.. this whole situation sucks for all of us

• Like 6
  • Up 1

• 3 weeks later...
On 3/14/2024 at 6:37 PM, filipdevaere said:

@shihabahamednr Using social media seldom leads to orders. You will have more success when you use the Fiverr website.
Many (desperate) sellers think that social media will bring them orders. It seldom leads to results, I can see it on your profile. Your account was created in November 2022 and you still have not a single review.

What are the main 5 tips for getting flood of orders on fiverr, please.

• Like 1

On 3/15/2024 at 2:35 AM, paulsmithseo said:

We are always hearing that social media is the best way to promote our gigs and work around the Globe, but you know each platform is having their own audience. Social media is a platform, where people are trying to connect to their friends and family members to provide them updates and for the purpose of enjoyment and to get new updates about their loved one. 
Here, we are trying to use social media for the different purpose so definitely we will not get the results what we are expecting from there as this is having their own kind of audience. 
Yes, I am not saying that social media will never work for getting the work and order. Might be possible in some exceptional cases, if anyone is having some requirements in their mind and instantly, they are getting the GIG, they can rad it out and if they like, they can order from there but, there is less chance to get this kind of buyer from there. 
For kind information, fiverr is one of the World's Biggest platform or we can say marketplace where sellers and buyers are met for their requirements so if you want to grow yourself, you have to maintain your profile and that's it. 

More suggestions are welcome on this topic...

Thanks in advance !!!

How to maintain our fiverr's profile for getting orders? Please give some valuable tips on maintain our fiverr's profile.

• Like 1

On 3/15/2024 at 5:40 AM, fahadislamjuel said:

The reason for that is there is more security if you bring clients on Fiverr. You are assured that they will pay you once you complete their orders. 

If you talk to them online then who will guarantee that you will get a payment? 

For the assurance, we use this platform. Also, Fiverr handles disputes through the resolution center which you don't get in social media.

Hope you understand.

How to bring clients on fiverr platform to get orders after avoiding to share my gigs on social media?

• Like 1