Hello Fiverr!

I'm Gabriel, relatively new on Fiverr, nice to meet you!
I have three questions I'd like to ask to you experienced sellers.

1. Why some sellers are shown to clients by their display name, and some are shown by their usernames? I've tried to make my display name (Gabriel C) to be shown to appear more professional, but no success.
  2. There's around a month and a half since I'm active on Fiverr, but managed to get two orders only. Is it normal or there's something I'm doing wrong? I've completed Fiverr's introductory course and am trying to follow its steps, but information is always welcome so I'd love to hear tips from all of you.
  3. I assume my profile is very hard to find because I'm new and probably because I have completed only one order by now. What are the factors that make my profile visibility get better? Number of orders, seller level, time my account is created, activity on platform and/or forum, all of them? Is there any I didn't mention? And which ones are the most important for me to focus?

Sorry for all the questions, but I'm very interested in being an active member of this community.
Thank you in advance!

• Like 15

Welcome to Fiverr, Gabriel!

1.) In order to change your display name, first you have to go to your profile page www.fiverr.com/yourusername and you have to be in Selling Mode. Then, click on this pencil icon beside your Display Name as in the image below. After that, you can easily edit your display name.

[See the images below to go to your profile page in Selling Mode. First, click on the 'Switch to Selling' link beside your profile photo. You will be taken to another page. Then, click on your profile photo and click on 'Profile' in the dropdown menu as highlighted in green.]

2.) It is normal for sellers to get few orders at first. Later, you will get more orders. 

3.) Yes, right, all of them matters. Most important one to focus is using low competition gig keyword or tags (in my opinion). After that, you have to use those keywords to write your gig description and FAQs. Also, SEO optimize your gig image. Another important point is to be active on the platform. There are many more things that you can do to get more impressions. For that you can search for posts written here by Top Rated Sellers, they are extremely helpful. Look for sub sections like Gig Advice and Tips from Sellers. 

I hope this helps! 

• Like 8

8 hours ago, fahadislamjuel said:

Welcome to Fiverr, Gabriel!

1.) In order to change your display name, first you have to go to your profile page www.fiverr.com/yourusername and you have to be in Selling Mode. Then, click on this pencil icon beside your Display Name as in the image below. After that, you can easily edit your display name.

[See the images below to go to your profile page in Selling Mode. First, click on the 'Switch to Selling' link beside your profile photo. You will be taken to another page. Then, click on your profile photo and click on 'Profile' in the dropdown menu as highlighted in green.]

2.) It is normal for sellers to get few orders at first. Later, you will get more orders. 

3.) Yes, right, all of them matters. Most important one to focus is using low competition gig keyword or tags (in my opinion). After that, you have to use those keywords to write your gig description and FAQs. Also, SEO optimize your gig image. Another important point is to be active on the platform. There are many more things that you can do to get more impressions. For that you can search for posts written here by Top Rated Sellers, they are extremely helpful. Look for sub sections like Gig Advice and Tips from Sellers. 

I hope this helps! 

Yes, I've changed my display name a few months ago, but somehow it still shows my username when I search for my own profile in an anonymous tab. Check it out:

image.png.7818461570b13431ec573d73ba48677b.png

Should I contact support team?

Does forum activity also determine a better visibility to your profile? For example, if you are active enough on forums it means you are a real person and a valuable member of Fiverr, so algorithm understands it and increases your profile visibility?

One more question, what exactly you meant by "SEO optimize your gig image"? Could you explain it a little further please?

Thank you very much for all your valuable tips!

• Like 6
  • Up 1

15 hours ago, gbrl_c said:

One more question, what exactly you meant by "SEO optimize your gig image"?

Optimizing your gig image for SEO on Fiverr involves several steps to ensure it's visually appealing and contains relevant keywords to improve its visibility in search results. Here's some ideas:

1. Image Quality and Relevance:
   - Use high-quality images that are clear, and in high resolution.
   - Choose a relevant image that grabs attention and entices users to click on your gig.

2. Keyword Research:
   - Identify relevant keywords related to your gig's service or product. Focus on keywords that are specific to your gig and have lower competition.

3. Image File Name:
   - Before uploading the image, rename the file using your primary keyword and some other keywords tags. For example, my one is transcription-transcript-transcribe-audio-video-transcription.jpg
   - Separate words with hyphens and avoid using special characters or spaces.

4. Image Dimensions and Size:
    - Ideal dimensions for gig images on Fiverr are 1280 pixels wide by 769 pixels tall. I use Canva to edit my images. 

Should I contact support team?

In this case, first you should try on your own a few times. Then you can contact the customer support. Your profile shows this name: Gabriel C but the gig search result page shows gbrl_c

Does forum activity also determine a better visibility to your profile?

It worked for me! It might also work for you. I think forum activity gets you more clicks and impressions which might help to get you more exposure.

Thank you so much for reading.

• Like 7

5 hours ago, fahadislamjuel said:

Optimizing your gig image for SEO on Fiverr involves several steps to ensure it's visually appealing and contains relevant keywords to improve its visibility in search results. Here's some ideas:

1. Image Quality and Relevance:
   - Use high-quality images that are clear, and in high resolution.
   - Choose a relevant image that grabs attention and entices users to click on your gig.

2. Keyword Research:
   - Identify relevant keywords related to your gig's service or product. Focus on keywords that are specific to your gig and have lower competition.

3. Image File Name:
   - Before uploading the image, rename the file using your primary keyword and some other keywords tags. For example, my one is transcription-transcript-transcribe-audio-video-transcription.jpg
   - Separate words with hyphens and avoid using special characters or spaces.

4. Image Dimensions and Size:
    - Ideal dimensions for gig images on Fiverr are 1280 pixels wide by 769 pixels tall. I use Canva to edit my images. 

In this case, first you should try on your own a few times. Then you can contact the customer support. Your profile shows this name: Gabriel C but the gig search result page shows gbrl_c

It worked for me! It might also work for you. I think forum activity gets you more clicks and impressions which might help to get you more exposure.

Thank you so much for reading.

Those are precious tips and insights, and I can't thank you enough for sharing them. It's a pleasure having a work colleague like you here on Fiverr. Wish you the best and thanks again!

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1