How does the due-date extension work?

Can someone please explain how I need to properly manage my deadlines with the client? 

SCENARIO #1

Due date is on Mar 5

• Made many revisions; Client happy and we are almost done, but  2 hours left to the deadline.
  • I try to extend the due date by 1 day since I know it's a final revision and we are soon done. (The new due date is March 6 if client approves, if they don't it's still March 6 but in 2 days... 🤦‍♀️).
  • Client didn't approve the extended due date even tho I explained, and they don't mind.
  • On March 6, past the deadline, the extension is pending automatic approval, but client wan't to wrap this up.
  • I prepare the files for delivery, But I CAN'T deliver them... 
  • I Need to cancel the pending extension first, since the button is dimmed
  • I canceled the extension, to deliver the project and now it's late since it's March 6

Conclusion: The order is late, and there is nothing you can do.

SCENARIO #2

Due date is on Mar 5

• It's Mar 2. You have completed the project and sent it to the client for a showcase.
  • The client hasn't logged in for 3 days.
  • A couple of hours before the deadline, you opened an extension request until Mar 8.
  • Client is still IDLLE. Extension was automatically approved in 48h
  • But now it's Mar 7 and you are past due date.

SCENARIO #2 (But this is with active client)

Due date is on Mar 5

• Made many revisions; Client happy and we are almost done, but  2 hours left to the deadline.
  • You requested an extension on Mar 5 until Mar 8 (Don't ask me why, I'm trying to make the examples simple so I don't have to write poems)
  • The client didn't approve the request, even though you explained, even though they said they didn't mind and would approve it... This happens really often!
  • Extension was automatically approved in 48h
  • But now it's Mar 7 and you are past due

There are a bunch more details; if you really need them, I can go into more depth. But I've read everything, done lots of testing, and there just isn't a good way of handling this. Please explain if I'm missing something. I really want to make this work.

I will tag @Kesha just in case this is really a flaw with the system, so when can address this in the next updates.

• Like 11