Clawing and Scratching....

purpledog32

I've noticed recently that if my rating drops from 5 to 4.9 after 1 private review...which I can't see (this is insane)....I then have to claw and scratch my way back to 5. My stats can drop SOOOO EASILY. But the journey back to the top can take weeks. Why? The most baffling change in Fiverr's new "transparent" system...is the mysterious private review. All I know is I've received only 5 star reviews for many years. But, apparently I had a private review recently which caused my rating to drop to 4.9. This new ratings system makes the 5 star reviews that I CAN SEE...worthless to me. I did contact CS asking why the rating drop and I received a response claiming my rating was 5 not 4.9. This is NOT true. Whoever responded to my question was looking at my stats that will soon disappear (Level 2 with a 5 star rating) and be replaced by a Level 1 with a 4.9 star rating.  This new level system is deeply flawed and Fiverr, once again, has sellers by the short hairs...OUCH.

• Like 5

Over the past few weeks, mine has changed from 5 to 4.9 and back to 5 without having an order involved. I'm not sure if it has anything to do with current orders or if the system's being tinkered with.

Although, I recall all of last year when I consistently had 4.9, I was getting a lot of orders--more than I am now, actually. 

Edited by mandyzines
  • Like 4
  • Up 1

23 minutes ago, purpledog32 said:

This new ratings system makes the 5 star reviews that I CAN SEE...worthless to me. 

They have existed just for aesthetic purpose from quite some time now!! 

But the recent ratings drop (by 0.1) has been uniform for most of us and going forward it will be almost impossible to be a 5.0 !! 

• Like 7
  • Up 2