Should I accept seller's delivery before the final product?

quarkie_tech

Question

I've ordered a standard package from a logo designer on Fiverr. The package includes unlimited revisions, 2 logo design concepts, vector files, printable files, source files, etc. At first, he provided the 2 design concepts for me to choose. I chose one and revised it twice and finally I was satisfied with the design concept. I supposed what should happen next was that he would make the various vector files, printable files, source files based on the approved design concept. However, he is now asking me to approve the delivery and complete the order. Is this how it is supposed to work? This is the first time I order this type of design gig on Fiverr, so I don't know whether I should approve it immediately after I was satisfied with the design concept or should I wait until he delivers the final product. Should I approve it now and believe him that he would go on to make the final product?

• Like 1

3 answers to this question

1 minute ago, quarkie_tech said:

Should I approve it now and believe him that he would go on to make the final product?

No. He should send those files while the order is still open. Don’t mark it complete until he sends all files that are included in your order. 

Tell him that as per fiverr TOS deliveries should include all files that are included in your package and only after you can approve the order. And that partial deliveries are faints fiverr TOS 

• Like 2
  • Up 4

1 hour ago, quarkie_tech said:

I supposed what should happen next was that he would make the various vector files, printable files, source files based on the approved design concept. However, he is now asking me to approve the delivery and complete the order. Is this how it is supposed to work?

No. All the work has to be delivered, otherwise it's called an incomplete delivery, and that's a violation of Fiverr's Terms of Service.

1 hour ago, quarkie_tech said:

should I wait until he delivers the final product

You should wait for the final product.

As @mariashtelle1 said, don't let the order complete. Request a revision and demand all the files you have paid for; if you mark it as complete now, there's zero guarantee that you will get all of your files.

I'm guessing that the seller might be just scared that, once he sends you all the files, you will demand a cancellation and a refund, and run away with all of his work. There are scammers who do that. But what he's doing is still not allowed.

• Like 3
  • Up 1