Fiverr changes the price after order ??

photofabs

Question

Hey, I need some clarity on this matter. I'm based in the UK and I've been working on projects using pounds. It's becoming cumbersome to adjust for currency conversion every time because it's not always accurate.

Initially, I thought that once an order was made, the price was fixed. However, I've recently discovered that Fiverr adjusts the conversion rate after the payment has already been processed. For instance, I agreed on a price of £300 for a job, and even a few cents over that was acceptable to the client. But when I checked later, the price had changed to £297, and the order had already been placed. This raises the question of whether it's better to use dollars in such cases. If so, how should I proceed?

Additionally, I've noticed a discrepancy between the currency display on my phone, showing £297, and my laptop, showing £298. What could be causing this inconsistency?

• Like 1

3 answers to this question

You could speak to customer support at the helpdesk to get the exact answers. If you already paid it might just be the display on the order page that's changing (due to currency conversations) but check with CS.

Here's a couple of help pages about it:

https://help.fiverr.com/hc/en-us/articles/360011608138-Can-I-change-my-view-to-any-currency-type-that-I-want-on-the-mobile-app

So it says above, for mobile apps:

Note: The payment currency is limited to USD only.

This page:

https://help.fiverr.com/hc/en-us/articles/360050217393-Using-your-local-currency-on-Fiverr

Changing your currency

When you purchase a Gig, you will be charged according to your chosen display currency.  To change your display currency please click on your profile picture and select the "language and currency" menu. Pick your preferred language and currency from the drop-down menu.

Notes:
  • If the display currency you choose isn’t supported by our payment processor, you will be charged in U.S. dollars....

Edited by uk1000
  • Like 2
  • Up 2

I am from Asia and we always have our currency set to USD. Personally, I have never faced this issue. 

My suggestion is that you talk to the customer support at support@fiverr.com they can give the most accurate answer. You should include screenshots in your query.

I don't think that Fiverr will charge different after an order has been placed. If they are doing it maybe it is for currency conversions. That is really unlikely.

Thanks. Hope this helps.

• Like 1