Buyer not accepting cancellation

tommysiu

I have received an order from a New Buyer recently. He initially asked me for a video chat which i passively ignored hoping he can find another seller. He ended up purchasing my service, and upon seeing his requirements, I decided to cancel as he requested something that is out of the scope. The buyer rejected my cancellation and told me it was okay to continue without his specific demand. As a seller, I decided it was not best to continue working with him, so i again requested for cancellation politely. He began to keep rejecting me and demanding me to finish the project for him (he also ordered an extra fast delivery).

I have tried to ask for customer support to help me cancel but customer support says they cannot cancel the gig for me. Now i feel the buyer is waiting for the order to be marked as a late delivery in order to give me a negative cancelled review. What can I do in this case?

1) No transaction has taken place, no delivery, and continued reasoning with buyer to cancel

2) I've asked to cancel the order 48 hours before project deadline (as client ordered 72 hours delivery duration)

3) I've asked CS to help me address this

4) I told the buyer there are many other sellers they can work with and also told them that i could not finish their requirements in time and even asked for an extension (this was rejected)

The buyer is clearly a red flag with a sign of agenda, what can i do?

• Like 8
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 2

This is an important question and a tricky situation, but I don't know any solution. It's a pity you didn't turn on Request to order (if you have this option) or vet your buyer in some other way. Also, if you have longer delivery times, if the buyer ignores your cancellation request, *I think* cancellation happens automatically after a certain period (a few days, not sure how many) of buyer's inactivity. This doesn't help your current problem though.

• Like 11
  • Confused 1

Customer support won't get involved and they expect you to cancel the order amiably with the person in question. You should tell them that unfortunately you can't do the job they want, and they should try to find someone else. Apologize for any issue or miscommunication, and share the refund again. 

7 hours ago, tommysiu said:

1) No transaction has taken place, no delivery, and continued reasoning with buyer to cancel

There is a transaction, you have an open order...

• Like 9
  • Confused 1

If the order has been placed then you can also cancel the order from your end.

Is that possible for you?

Why doesn't your client want to cancel the order? Explain to them politely to cancel the order and let them know your situation.

Hope you get solution fast.

Edited by fahadislamjuel
  • Like 9
  • Confused 1

i do not know why. I’ve tried to cancel at least 10 times and the client keeps rejecting forcing me to continue. it’s reached to a point where it’s really mentally abusing me. We live in a free world so I do have the freedom not to deliver the order. I’ve even asked CS to take away 400usd from my bank to compensate the first time buyer for him to leave me alone.

I am really speechless because CS is choosing to support a first time buyer rather than a 6 year seller on Fiverr. It’s the first time i’ve encountered such a problem on fiverr and i feel like i have no protection at all

• Like 10
  • Up 2

As soon as there is a request to cancel an order, the other party has up to 48 hours to accept or decline your cancellation request. If no response is received after 48 hours, the order is automatically cancelled.

Edited by adswithsakline
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 2

20 minutes ago, adswithsakline said:

As soon as there is a request to cancel an order, the other party has up to 48 hours to accept or decline your cancellation request. If no response is received after 48 hours, the order is automatically cancelled.

yes so the problem is client continues to reject the cancellation so now it has come to a point where it is late delivery. Would you say that the buyer is abusing fiverr’s tools and leveraging the platform to take advantage of me?

• Like 5
  • Up 1

12 hours ago, tommysiu said:

i do not know why. I’ve tried to cancel at least 10 times and the client keeps rejecting forcing me to continue. it’s reached to a point where it’s really mentally abusing me. We live in a free world so I do have the freedom not to deliver the order. I’ve even asked CS to take away 400usd from my bank to compensate the first time buyer for him to leave me alone.

I am really speechless because CS is choosing to support a first time buyer rather than a 6 year seller on Fiverr. It’s the first time i’ve encountered such a problem on fiverr and i feel like i have no protection at all

I had this exact same situation happen to me. It kept going for two weeks until I had to have my success manager escalate it all the way to the top for it to get resolved because cs has no idea what they're doing half the time. If you don't have a success manager, try asking to be transferred to another support agent and tell them the buyer is making you feel uncomfortable and you can't deliver what they're asking. 

• Like 6
  • Confused 1

1 minute ago, mysticalphotog said:

I had this exact same situation happen to me. It kept going for two weeks until I had to have my success manager escalate it all the way to the top for it to get resolved because cs has no idea what they're doing half the time. If you don't have a success manager, try asking to be transferred to another support agent and tell them the buyer is making you feel uncomfortable and you can't deliver what they're asking. 

thank you so much for sharing your experience. I have a success manager and have scheduled a call with her tomorrow, so hopefully it will workout.

In the meantime, i still have other client work that i am working on that i need to focus my mental energy on, it is just so disheartening to receive almost zero to little support after all i’ve committed to the platform 

• Like 4

Seems like the buyer has a really huge ego that wants some accountability, it’s really a form of bullying, mentally abusing me and not leaving me alone. I have exercised my rights and freedom to decline to work with the client. Offered client full refund and even asked him if he wanted any compensation to leave me alone. I even asked what the client wants from me, i honestly don’t know what to do. the behaviour is so emotionally abusive and i am really considering quitting selling fiverr. This would not happen in the real world either. Should I consult a lawyer?

IMG_1404.jpeg

• Like 4
  • Sad 1

16 hours ago, tommysiu said:

thank you so much for sharing your experience. I have a success manager and have scheduled a call with her tomorrow, so hopefully it will workout.

In the meantime, i still have other client work that i am working on that i need to focus my mental energy on, it is just so disheartening to receive almost zero to little support after all i’ve committed to the platform 

Were you able to get help from your success manager? 

• Like 4

• 2 weeks later...

Hey all, thank you alll for your support, after messaging support and letting them know it was really mentally abusing me, they were kind to help out and cancelled the order for me. Despite the work and energy i had to put in, I'm happy that Fiverr support was able to sympathize with a seller and helped me

• Like 2