Temporarily working from another country

jordanpurchases

Question

Hello all, 

I am visiting Italy for 4 days and intending to log on to Fiverr to continue my work. This is outside my normal location (UK). 

I have read online lots of sellers are being banned for this. 

Please can you confirm the most up to date position? Am I able to log-in and work on Fiverr during my vacation without my account being suspended? 

Thanks, 

• Like 15
  • Thanks 1

7 answers to this question

1 hour ago, jordanpurchases said:

Hello all, 

I am visiting Italy for 4 days and intending to log on to Fiverr to continue my work. This is outside my normal location (UK). 

I have read online lots of sellers are being banned for this. 

Please can you confirm the most up to date position? Am I able to log-in and work on Fiverr during my vacation without my account being suspended? 

Thanks, 

If I were in Italy for just 4 days, the last thing I would do is waste time on Fiverr.  How about increasing your delivery date by 5 days, with a note on the gig that you are travelling so delivery is temporarily extended.  Then see the sights, drink wine and look at the greatest collection of art on the planet?  Make a quick reply to send from phone that says, "I am currently travelling but will respond on..."

Edited by newsmike
  • Like 8
  • Up 11
  • Thanks 1

27 minutes ago, jordanpurchases said:

I'm looking for an answer to my question. 

Is it against the rules to log-in from another country? 

If you're looking for an official answer, it's best to ask Customer Support (and if they tell you that it's not against the rules, make a screenshot of their response, in case you get in trouble).

I mean, I can tell you that I've logged in from another country (I didn't work while in another country, though, I just replied to messages) and never had any problems with it, other sellers could tell you the same (or not), and none of it would be the official response from a Fiverr representative.

• Like 5

With the recent wave of people having their accounts flagged for "inconsistent location" and stuff like that, you should ask fiverr customer service or your success manager to be safe. Honestly, I am paranoid and I would ask them both. 

And I also agree with what @newsmike said. Make sure you enjoy your trip, ya workaholic! lol! When I am going on a trip or a holiday is coming up, I extend my delivery timeframes and change my auto-reply message, then just check messages when I can. (Which is still probably more often than I should. because I am also a workaholic)

I hope you'll update this thread with the answer you get direct from Fiverr and have a wonderful trip!

• Like 6
  • Up 5

I've visited Iceland 4 times in 2023, then eventually moved there and didn't update my location right away. When I asked CS to update my location I had no problem doing so. I've been working from there ever since and never had an issue. I'm thinking it's probably more so for newer accounts and/or those using VPNs to manually change their location. 

• Like 5

On 3/6/2024 at 2:44 AM, jordanpurchases said:

Is it against the rules to log-in from another country? 

The best way to know this is to ask the Fiverr Customer Support. I don't think there is any other way to know about this. 

The best thing to do is not log in from another location at all.

Thanks.

• Like 4