This may be the end of my freelancing journey | Restricted account

han_marketing

Question

Hi, Fellow Freelancers and Fiverr team,

2024 has been rough as I was laid off from my company and Fiverr has been my primary income as a freelancer.
I am extremely grateful for the support I received from the platform to grow from nothing to becoming a level 2 seller. 

My account was flagged and restricted for incoming orders and inquiries, due to "Communicating outside of Fiverr"

Here is the whole back story, the client whom I recently completed an order with left a 4.7 review, with communication being 4 star. Throughout my 2 years of being on Fiverr striving for 5 stars has always been my goal for every order. 

He reached out to me for a new order, but he had asked for a call so he could explain a few things regarding the requirements and deliverables. 

I was trying to improve my communication satisfaction with the client and thought that is fine to provide a number just for a call, because fiverr does not have a built-in call function. I have ZERO intent on taking this client outside of Fiverr.

I don't understand how this is fair, All I was trying to do was to provide a better experience communication experience for a client, because he felt that the communication wasn't on point with the last order. 

I have submitted a ticket but was asked to wait for 60 days for your support team to finish "Safe and security check". I have many recurring orders with multiple clients through Fiverr, each month they submit a new order for their business. I cannot wait for 60 days, I will lose all of the client relationships that I tried so hard to build and maintain through the past 2 years. I'm the Fiverr is the only source of income for my family. 

@Lyndsey_Fiverr @Kesha @ana_tomy  I see that many people are facing the same thing. We, freelancers, work really hard to build trust and relationships with clients, all we want to do is provide a better communication experience for the buying process, Fiverr does not have a call function that we can use. 

It is kindly requested that this matter be looked upon again and resolved ASAP! as many of us Freelancers have Fiverr as our primary source of clients and, hence primary source of income.

Thank you for your time and support! 
All I wanted to do was to provide a better communication experience....

Edited by ana_tomy
Forum Rules violation, private info provided
  • Like 3

8 answers to this question

Sorry to hear you're having a tough time, I think you had good intentions but Fiverr is pretty strict re the rules otherwise some unscrupulous people would take advantage. 

38 minutes ago, han_marketing said:

Why doesn't Fiver have a built-in voice/video function in the general chat?  

It does, however there are certain requirements to have the functionality.

https://help.fiverr.com/hc/en-us/articles/360011062838-Video-calls-Zoom-calls

On 3/5/2024 at 12:04 AM, han_marketing said:

He reached out to me for a new order, but he had asked for a call so he could explain a few things regarding the requirements and deliverables. 

Once an order is placed a seller of any level can zoom the buyer. Pre order, there are certain seller level requirements, or the buyer needs to be a Fiverr Pro or Fiverr select buyer.

• Like 3

Hi @han_marketing,

I get where you're coming from, however, our Terms of Service and Forum Rules apply to all.

Any violation can lead to restrictions and having the account completely blocked, and since this is not the first warning, your account is now under review.

I recommend reading our Terms of Service and Forum Rules before posting again, I'm sure it will make the situation clearer.

Also, I've edited your post since it violates the Forum Rules, you've provided another user's information as well as your WhatsApp.

This review can take a while, but that's only to determine if an error was made, and on which side, and multiple teams are looking into this.

As soon as the process is done, they'll let you know.

Thanks for your patience and good luck 🍀

• Like 4

19 hours ago, ana_tomy said:

Hi @han_marketing,

I get where you're coming from, however, our Terms of Service and Forum Rules apply to all.

Any violation can lead to restrictions and having the account completely blocked, and since this is not the first warning, your account is now under review.

I recommend reading our Terms of Service and Forum Rules before posting again, I'm sure it will make the situation clearer.

Also, I've edited your post since it violates the Forum Rules, you've provided another user's information as well as your WhatsApp.

This review can take a while, but that's only to determine if an error was made, and on which side, and multiple teams are looking into this.

As soon as the process is done, they'll let you know.

Thanks for your patience and good luck 🍀

Many clients need face-to-face communication to build trust and ultimately for a deal to close, and Fiverr doesn't provide that functionality. 
I have accepted the fact that I have violated the TOS, and my account is restricted for 2 months...but voice/video call is a fundamental function you guys should provide, since so many clients are requesting it. And we are getting restricted for providing this service through external software...

Anyway, have a good day.

• Like 2

6 hours ago, han_marketing said:

Many clients need face-to-face communication to build trust and ultimately for a deal to close, and Fiverr doesn't provide that functionality. 
I have accepted the fact that I have violated the TOS, and my account is restricted for 2 months...but voice/video call is a fundamental function you guys should provide, since so many clients are requesting it. And we are getting restricted for providing this service through external software...

Anyway, have a good day.

You already a leveled seller (like you mentioned Level 2).

You should have built-in ZOOM video/voice call option button like @williambryan392 mentioned

(if your selling average is $50+ on analytics page)

• Like 1

On 3/6/2024 at 5:08 AM, han_marketing said:

Anyway, have a good day.

I'll make sure to pass your feedback and suggestions onto the team, thanks for taking the time to provide it.

Feel free to schedule a Zoom meeting with your clients, you can find some more info following this link.

It may not be a perfect solution, but it is what we have for now and it is a great option to use whenever you need a face-to-face conversation.

Hope this helps ☺️

• Like 1