A manual go-through of the Seller accounts who have been demoted because of the new metric system.

There are few aspects of the new system that I can not understand. Let me put it more clearly with the help of some statistics.

I have completed 90883 orders and I have 64941 unique clients. The overall rating on my profile is 4.9. My Success Score is 4 and my level has dropped down from Level 2 to Level 0. It is out of the scope of my understanding.

It is very obvious that those Sellers who have done a smaller number of orders are naturally going to have more 5 stars. But a Seller like me who has done a greater number of orders may have few unsatisfied buyers so it is obvious that they are going to have ratings that are lesser than 5.

It is a general observation that Sellers with lesser Volume has got very high success score. Sellers with more volume of orders have very low success score. The same is true in case of individual Gig also. I have completed only 5 orders in my Logo Animation Gig as I have started it recently. Its success score is 8!

More number of orders do have that scope of isolated negative reviews because of controllable as well as uncontrollable reasons. But why am I competing with Sellers who are new in the business or who have done less than half the orders I have done! Why am I standing with New Sellers in the marketplace overnight? Why do I have to start from scratch? Why is all my learning and experience from the past 1 decade gone into vain?

My Best Selling gig has been performing on the first two pages of the marketplace consistently over the years. It alone has 25K completed orders! I have been receiving orders all these years because I have been performing. That is how fiverr algorithm works, right? Now getting this success score 4 makes me feel undervalued and non-performing Seller on fiverr all of a sudden! I find these aspects very contradictory.

I understand the new metric system is beneficial in finding ways to improve with very specific indicators. I suggest it should be used more like a ‘tool’ and not as a ‘parameter’ to judge because we are into creative business and many things are subjective in nature. I suggest we take a more manual approach. I insist fiverr carries out a manual go-through of all those Seller accounts who have been demoted because of the new metric system. Just the way it does for picking its Top Rated Sellers. It will help us all establish mutual trust and restore the levels of many Sellers.

f.jpeg

• Like 6

Fiverr is aiming for the Quality over Quantity

As I could understand, most of your buyers are not leaving good private reviews. I suggest you to provide a good service, and ask each client about their honest feedback about your service. If you provide some personalized attention to each client, you may see a different SS within few weeks. 

• Like 5

21 hours ago, creativecolumn said:

Fiverr is aiming for the Quality over Quantity

As I could understand, most of your buyers are not leaving good private reviews. I suggest you to provide a good service, and ask each client about their honest feedback about your service. If you provide some personalized attention to each client, you may see a different SS within few weeks. 

Well, my post does not imply that fiverr should consider the quantity of orders over quality. All I meant to say is, there is more scope of isolated 4.7, 4.3 or 4 stars with a Seller doing 1000 orders a month, as compared to a Seller doing 20-30 orders a month. It is surely about the quality of service and that’s what has fetched me a great number of buyers over a decade long timespan! 
Any public/private feedback not only translates into number of stars but also reflects in terms of returning buyers, referral orders, tips, etc. and I do have all of that. So, it is not just about private feedback. It is a wholesome process therefore I suggest SS being perceived more as a ‘tool’ to improve for a Seller rather than a ‘parameter’ that defines Seller Levels because there are high chances that the success score could be illusive. 

• Like 4

the new algorithm is a joke

it ignores 98% satisfied buyers who dont bother clicking 30 times on 5 pages to give secret feedback and they just skip

and a few "special" clients (we all have those) will make sure they get you 1 star everywhere.

so those 1% decide the quality score

sellers with fewer orders have fewer chances to get the "special" buyers

• Like 3