Location changing to USA

omernaeemkhan

Question

4 answers to this question

Hello @omernaeemkhan 

Authentic Fiverr Profile - You may not create a false identity on Fiverr, misrepresent your identity, create a Fiverr profile for anyone other than yourself (a real person), or use or attempt to use another user’s account or information; Your profile information, including your description, skills, location, etc., must be accurate and complete and may not be misleading, illegal, offensive or otherwise harmful. Fiverr reserves the right to require users to go through a verification process in order to use the Site (whether by using ID, phone, camera, etc.). - paragraph taken from Fiverr's Terms of Service

Please contact our Customer support to notify them about your plans, otherwise your account may be restricted. You can send an email to support@fiverr.com. Follow our Fiverr's Terms of Service to avoid any issues related to your Fiverr account. 

On 3/2/2024 at 6:43 PM, omernaeemkhan said:

the location change would help me in getting more orders or not?

It doesn't matter where you are. You are doing an online job, so it doesn't matter where you live as long as you deliver excellent work.

Thank you. 

• Like 7

17 minutes ago, omernaeemkhan said:

Lena, i have heard that the location does matter in getting the first orders. I need more comments on this from the experienced freelancers, please. 

No, seller's location doesn't matter. You can pretty much find successful sellers from everywhere in any category or on the forum itself. 

17 minutes ago, omernaeemkhan said:

Lena, i have heard 

Also, you should trust the formal response/suggestion from Fiverr staff more than the random hearsay or rumours. 😇

• Like 4

On 3/3/2024 at 1:43 AM, omernaeemkhan said:

I am moving to USA in the coming month from Pakistan, the location change would help me in getting more orders or not? kindly share your experience. Thank you

To change your location with customer support, you need to show proof that you live in the U.S. While it's true that some believe sellers from certain places, like native English-speaking countries (e.g. English writers, Voiceovers, Speakers), can offer better services, having the location changed won't really help if you're not good at communicating. If you can't communicate well, buyers are likely to leave.

Edited by strategist_ceo
  • Like 2
  • Up 1