How the Fiverr Success Score (actually) works - kind of scary?

If you're like me, you like to be up to date on the new features on Fiverr, then you have probably read through all the new features of the Success Score system. And maybe you are a little confused as well if you start poking into the details?

For you who don't know what it is, here what the new Success Score is (without vague expressions and buzzwords):

It's a whole new parameter that is being used to rank you on Fiverr. This success score gives you a score from 1-10 and, here is the kicker - it uses AI.

The AI scrapes information from your orders, and makes a conclution if you did a good or a bad job on the order. Just so were are clear, buyer feedback is only a portion of the information gathered to make up this score, so if the buyer is overly happy but the AI thinks there was other information that made the order bad, you could risk getting a worse score. 

So what info does the AI use to establish a score? As far as we know it's the following:

• Revisions
  • Extentions
  • Partial refunds
  • Feedback from buyer (public and private)
  • If customer support needs to be called regarding the order
  • Possibly just words and information used in the chat (I got hinted at this, but it's was not a clear answer. This means if the clients says "bad" keywords, it could affect the score. I really hope this is not the case)

Again, I have gone back and forth with customer support, and they say that the AI would know if the difference between a "good dispute" and a "bad dispute". I personally do not trust an AI to make these judgements, as it can be quite complicated. I personally would like to have the score 100% determined only by buyer feedback (that is what matters, is it not?)

One additional note I would like to add: It was really hard to actually find this information. All the information in the help center is very vague, and they never clearly mention it's run by AI. It's very wishy-washy (vague) and it's hard to really understand the clear cut facts of what is going on.

The general questions I would like answered is:

How does the success score system actually make a score for you?
(yes, revisions, extentions, partial refunds or if you contact support, but we would like more details. Technical details.)

And how does the AI really separate good disputes from bad disputes?

This is the information I have managed to gather, please share more information you know in this thread (or if you have questions)

(Fiverr staff, feel free to correct me if you feel like there is something you feel I said wrong about the new system. I am only going of the Help page and Customer Support)

• Like 1

there is none. Im sorry to tell you that fiverr is run by an AI, they don't care about your opinions. Just see how much they changed on the new system since all this started, completly nothing really. They even got mad at us, and they removed the Client Satisfaction information from the visible area and now is invisible, but it still there, so literally they will not change anything and if you complain they will go more and more bad against you.

Is simple, they wanted to lower the scores of everyone because they get more money from new freelancers than from old timers, the reason is simple, old timers take their money away, new freelancers are normally cheated to spend their money in promotion, in the fiverr pro and in the fiverr bussiness  etc... so one new freelancer gives more money than one old freelancer that takes their money back when they are able.

So don't expect anything, that will be better, if they do anything ti will be nice because we didnt expect anything anyway...

2 minutes ago, kingpirux said:

there is none. Im sorry to tell you that fiverr is run by an AI, they don't care about your opinions. Just see how much they changed on the new system since all this started, completly nothing really. They even got mad at us, and they removed the Client Satisfaction information from the visible area and now is invisible, but it still there, so literally they will not change anything and if you complain they will go more and more bad against you.

Is simple, they wanted to lower the scores of everyone because they get more money from new freelancers than from old timers, the reason is simple, old timers take their money away, new freelancers are normally cheated to spend their money in promotion, in the fiverr pro and in the fiverr bussiness  etc... so one new freelancer gives more money than one old freelancer that takes their money back when they are able.

So don't expect anything, that will be better, if they do anything ti will be nice because we didnt expect anything anyway...

It's true, and it makes sense as they are a big company that is focused on profit, as all companies. But I am not sure if I agree that new sellers spend more than old timers. For example I spend a crazy amount on ads every month, but it's because I have been in the game a long time and I know I get my ad money back around 5x every month. Beginners would normally not be able to have scaled to this level in the beginning.

Also, Fiverr is very focused on getting a good service for the buyers on the platform so they keep coming back. I would think that old timers are more efficient at delivering a good quality result than beginners. The only thing I think beginners can provide is a lower price since they just want some reviews to begin with. But I am curious to what you think about this

• Like 1

if that would be at any close of reality,..... then you shouldnt need to pay for ads... sorry man... you are just giving them more reasons to lower everybodys scores to force everyone to pay for ads more

• Like 1

just think about it... you are literally paying for promoting your own stuff, plus you are paying 20% of your income, plus i dont know what else are you paying... if you are big, the 20% should be more than enough to cover more than ads... but it doesnt and now is worse...

• Like 1