Jump to content

So the revision function is just a decoration.


Recommended Posts

Hi y'all. 

I have a gig package that includes only one revision, 5-days delivery time. The buyer has already used it but still not satisfied, asked for a second revision. Based on his reply, it turned out he didn't even look at my revised version at the first place.
I've asked him to have a look at the revised version and cancel the second revision request for now, he's not responding, resulting my order status is marked as "LATE".

 

First of all, why would Fiverr indulge customers to ask for unlimited revisions when it shouldn't be like this?

Secondly, I don't understand about the "Late" warning, my delivery was on time, the time we spend on following revisions, communication and waiting for the customers to respond shouldn't be count in the initial order time, how could you meet the deadline when the customer has disappeared???

I'm a small seller who has been lucky enough to have some decent customers in the past so I've only come across this situation until just now. So if I'm understanding this correctly, Fiverr expects sellers to magically make customers happy within a few days, we must possess telepathic powers or something🙃

  • Like 3
  • Up 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 minutes ago, saturnmusic said:

I've asked him to have a look at the revised version and cancel the second revision request for now, he's not responding, resulting my order status is marked as "LATE".

I never bought on Fiverr so I'm not sure, but I think it's not possible to cancel a revision request. You have to deliver something (or cancel the order), or it stays in revision forever.

6 minutes ago, saturnmusic said:

First of all, why would Fiverr indulge customers to ask for unlimited revisions when it shouldn't be like this?

It was always like that. Buyers were always able to keep requesting revisions.

7 minutes ago, saturnmusic said:

Secondly, I don't understand about the "Late" warning, my delivery was on time, the time we spend on following revisions, communication and waiting for the customers to respond shouldn't be count in the initial order time, how could you meet the deadline when the customer has disappeared???

That "Late" thingy was always showing if the order wasn't marked as completed before the deadline. Until recently, we thought that it didn't matter if the initial delivery was on time, it just looked annoying. However, with the recent change in the level system, it turns out that everything (initial delivery, revisions, order getting marked as complete) needs to be finished before the deadline.

  • Like 4
  • Up 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, catwriter said:

However, with the recent change in the level system, it turns out that everything (initial delivery, revisions, order getting marked as complete) needs to be finished before the deadline.

This is 100% not true. 95% of my orders get the "late" thing during revision. My success score is 10, and delivery on time is a positive. What I do is make the first delivery within the deadline, 100% of the time. Not late even once. It's also extremely rare that I ask for time extensions - maybe once or twice a year. That's enough.

If revising after the deadline, or getting the order marked as complete after the deadline counted against anything, I would have terrible marks on delivery time, as that's the norm for me.

Sellers have 0 control over the revision. Buyers can extend it, ask for infinite revisions, etc. If that impacted delivery on time, it would be impossible to have a positive delivery on time.

Edited by visualstudios
  • Like 4
Link to comment
Share on other sites

9 minutes ago, kaikkbw said:

I never pick a gig with small numbers of revisions. 

So, you prefer sellers that can't get it right the first time, you prefer to keep having to go back and forth, or you just don't know what you want / keep changing your mind?

  • Like 2
  • Up 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 minutes ago, visualstudios said:

So, you prefer sellers that can't get it right the first time, you prefer to keep having to go back and forth, or you just don't know what you want / keep changing your mind?

Well, I didn`t pick a seller, who was able to do the job at the first time. Good ratings, good portfolio, rating as "pro" or "Fiverr recommended" did not help.

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 hours ago, catwriter said:

That "Late" thingy was always showing if the order wasn't marked as completed before the deadline. Until recently, we thought that it didn't matter if the initial delivery was on time, it just looked annoying. However, with the recent change in the level system, it turns out that everything (initial delivery, revisions, order getting marked as complete) needs to be finished before the deadline.

That was the thing I was worried about, I didn't care about it until recently heard about the new system. But well... not sure if it's gonna have a negative impact at the moment.

 

7 hours ago, catwriter said:

I never bought on Fiverr so I'm not sure, but I think it's not possible to cancel a revision request. You have to deliver something (or cancel the order), or it stays in revision forever.

I figured, so I ended up requesting a cancellation since the customer vanished..

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, milos_siena said:

Based on what @catwriter said,  the only thing you can do is to open the ticket and convice the support team with evidence in the chat that he's probably a scam buyer looking for free work.

Currently trying to, thank you for the input:)

  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, visualstudios said:

This is 100% not true. 95% of my orders get the "late" thing during revision. My success score is 10, and delivery on time is a positive. What I do is make the first delivery within the deadline, 100% of the time. Not late even once. It's also extremely rare that I ask for time extensions - maybe once or twice a year. That's enough.

If revising after the deadline, or getting the order marked as complete after the deadline counted against anything, I would have terrible marks on delivery time, as that's the norm for me.

Sellers have 0 control over the revision. Buyers can extend it, ask for infinite revisions, etc. If that impacted delivery on time, it would be impossible to have a positive delivery on time.

That's great news, I hope you're right on this. What I'm having problem with is that Fiverr letting customers taking advantages from sellers, and not being transparent about it when we set up the gigs. But that's their problem, it's not good for the ecosystem in the long run. 

Thank you for the comment:)

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, kaikkbw said:

i am a buyer, I never pick a gig with small numbers of revisions. 

It's not a problem when it's a mutual agreement, I've seen a lot of sellers who provide unlimited revisions. 

But asking a seller who only provides limited revisions for unlimited ones, and wish they'll do it over the price of a burrito just because you can, is clearly not reasonable.

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 hours ago, visualstudios said:

This is 100% not true.

I hope you're right!

(Sorry, couldn't respond sooner, I'm still limited to 10 posts a day)

5 hours ago, kaikkbw said:

i am a buyer, I never pick a gig with small numbers of revisions. 

And that is your right. What's not okay is to pick a seller who offers only one free revision, and then demand additional revisions for free.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

I noticed a similar problem recently. I only offered one revision on a particular gig, and the revised delivery was submitted to the buyer and then they asked for further revisions. Why does Fiverr allow this? Buyers should not be able to apply for more revisions than what the gig/order stipulates. This shouldn’t even be a feature in the system, its absurd. 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Please sign in to comment

You will be able to leave a comment after signing in



Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...