Category updates in Producers, Composers, and more - Feb 2024

fvrrmusic

MAFeb24Updates-Forum2.jpg.668f9dbbe784839ff3678e03bcea02e9.jpg

Hey everyone! The Fiverr Music & Audio team is always looking for ways to align with industry changes, improve the experience for our buyers, and increase exposure for our freelancers. With that in mind, we’ve made a change to the catalog structure of a few key music services. Here’s an overview:

🎹 What was once “Producers & Composers” is now 2 separate subcategories

• Music Producers - with Beat Making, Remixing, Backing Tracks, and Ghost Production
  • Composers - with Film & Soundtracks, Game Composers, Musical Theater, and arrangement

🎛️ New DJing services - ways for DJs to bring a playlist or party to life. 

• Mashups
  • DJ Sets
  • Scratching

🎚️ Custom Patches & Samples - unique ways for buyers to get sounds and presets that match their needs

• Loops & Samples
  • DAW & Software Presets
  • Synth & Instrument Presets

With these changes, we’ll be closing the subcategories of Beat Making, Synth Presets, and Remixing & Mashups. 

What’s needed from your end? Many gigs will be automatically moved to their new subcategories - but make sure all your metadata and pricing factors are up to date, as these may change with the move! Also, feel free to create new gigs to go in these new services to further benefit from the increased exposure. 

Don’t hesitate to respond here if you have any feedback, questions, or issues with this new setup. I’ll be here responding ✌️

Adam Fine 

Head of Music & Audio 

• Like 8

Hey! My gig just got moved to the new category - which I'm happy about - but this category ("Composing & Soundtracks") still exists within "Music Producers": https://www.fiverr.com/categories/music-audio/producers/composing-soundtracks?source=category_filters - In theory this almost better fits what I'm doing - most of what I'm doing is music production rather than traditional composing. My question is - will this "Composing & Soundtracks" inside Music Producers be deleted then? Otherwise, we have two of the same category and I should probably rather be placed inside the Music Producer category as that's more fitting in terms of methods used within my profession. Don't get me wrong - love this new change - just curious.

Edit: Looks a little bit like it from this statement: "Music Producers - with Beat Making, Remixing, Backing Tracks, and Ghost Production"
Excluding "Composing & Soundtracks"

Edited by nickkold
  • Like 3
  • Up 1

18 hours ago, nickkold said:

Hey! My gig just got moved to the new category - which I'm happy about - but this category ("Composing & Soundtracks") still exists within "Music Producers": https://www.fiverr.com/categories/music-audio/producers/composing-soundtracks?source=category_filters - In theory this almost better fits what I'm doing - most of what I'm doing is music production rather than traditional composing. My question is - will this "Composing & Soundtracks" inside Music Producers be deleted then? Otherwise, we have two of the same category and I should probably rather be placed inside the Music Producer category as that's more fitting in terms of methods used within my profession. Don't get me wrong - love this new change - just curious.

Edit: Looks a little bit like it from this statement: "Music Producers - with Beat Making, Remixing, Backing Tracks, and Ghost Production"
Excluding "Composing & Soundtracks"

Hey @nickkold nice to meet you. Good question! "Composing & Soundtracks" will indeed be removed from Music Producers in the next 24 hours. We want to make sure all the gigs in there are moved to their right place first, which takes a bit of time to migrate over. 

• Like 3

My gig was moved to Game Composers. I'd say my gig leans slightly more towards film/TV, though it was intended for both. Do I need a separate gig now, further pushing up my minimum pricing when I'm still waiting to get the ball rolling for it?

• Like 2

3 hours ago, sdjknights said:

My gig was moved to Game Composers. I'd say my gig leans slightly more towards film/TV, though it was intended for both. Do I need a separate gig now, further pushing up my minimum pricing when I'm still waiting to get the ball rolling for it?

Up to you there - but we generally recommend having separate gigs for this. Buyers coming from each industry prefer to see samples and experience from one or the other. Let me know if you want your gig moved to the Film & Soundtrack Composers subcategory!

• Like 2

9 hours ago, timbeek said:

Will this affect gig ranking?
In the past when a category was changed it would affect the ranking severely.

I believe so, because now I'm #1 ranking in a certain category with a certain search term when I don't think I was even close to #1 before

• Like 2

Hi there @fvrrmusic 

I hope you're all doing well. I recently notices this aforementioned change on Fiverr Pro that affected my profile.  While I understand the reasons behind it, I've noticed a significant issue in my case.

As a film music composer, my expertise, experience and education lies in composition, yet I was prompted to change my profile to list only as a music producer.  This has led to a noticeable decline in visibility and clicks on several of my gigs over the past week.

Is there someone I can contact or a specific action I can take to ensure my gig is appropriately listed under music composition and musical arranging?   

I appreciate any assistance or advice you can provide.

Thank you,

Sandro M

• Like 2

On 3/1/2024 at 10:04 PM, sandromanzon said:

Is there someone I can contact or a specific action I can take to ensure my gig is appropriately listed under music composition and musical arranging?   

Hey Sandro, of course! I just DMed you on Fiverr inbox, let's make sure everything is sorted with your gig 

• Like 2