Should Fiverr send another notification one hour before the delivery deadline? What Do you all think?

doshorathkumar

As you may be aware, Fiverr currently sends a notification 12 hours before the deadline to remind freelancers of their delivery time. However, it seems that many freelancers still forget to deliver on time, possibly due to various reasons. Would it be beneficial for Fiverr to send an additional reminder, perhaps one hour before the deadline, to help freelancers stay on track and ensure timely delivery?

I'd love to hear your thoughts and experiences on this matter. Are you in favor of Fiverr providing an additional notification?

• Like 6
  • Up 1

My concern with this is that, in most cases, a seller should be more on top of their workload than to need a 1 hour reminder.

Scrambling to finish the work in the last hour isn’t a great experience for the buyer or the seller, and will likely result in the work being rushed.

Maybe it’s different for orders with short turnarounds like 24 hours. I don’t know. Even then, still working until the last hour definitely isn’t optimal.

Probably worth requesting an extension in the spirit of prioritising quality over haste.

I guess it’s good for a situation where you’ve done the work but have forgotten to actually deliver it, but I think the 12 hour thing is good enough for that, as it provides a reminder with enough time that the buyer won’t feel as though the seller delivered the work at the last second.

I can’t see much downside in Fiverr adding a 1 hour reminder, though. I just can’t see much upside either.

• Like 5
  • Up 1

2 hours ago, doshorathkumar said:

Would it be beneficial for Fiverr to send an additional reminder, perhaps one hour before the deadline, to help freelancers stay on track and ensure timely delivery?

How many reminders does a responsible adult need?

• Like 2
  • Up 5

3 hours ago, catwriter said:

How many reminders does a responsible adult need?

Yes, You are right though I got most the notification when sleeping. It is because of time deferences between the East and the West.  may be 6 hours before is good, based on @charlsmcfarlane reply I can agree there is may be no upside.

• Like 2

7 hours ago, doshorathkumar said:

I got most the notification when sleeping

I never get the notification 12 hours before, because I deliver before that (as in, days before the 12-hours-before notification could arrive).

I don't wait until the last moment. Delivering on the last day might make buyers anxious, or angry, while delivering a few days early makes them happy.

• Like 4
  • Congrats! 1
  • Up 2

1 minute ago, catwriter said:

I never get the notification 12 hours before, because I deliver before that (as in, days before the 12-hours-before notification could arrive).

Fiverr also loves it when you deliver early like @catwriter. Set your delivery dates so that you can deliver a few days before it's due. If you want to deliver in 24 hours, set the delivery to 2 or 3 days (and delivery in 24 hours). The algorithm likes this better than if you set a 24-hour delivery time and deliver 14 hours later. Try to avoid getting that 12-hour notification because it does impact your seller performance, especially if other sellers in your sub-category are delivering much faster than their self-imposed delivery dates. If anything, ask for an extension at least 2-3 days before the delivery is due if you think you won't make the deadline. Give yourself plenty of wiggle room - the algorithm still considers it an early delivery if you set your delivery date a month out (but deliver in a few weeks).

• Like 6
  • Up 1

Absolutely not. I wish we could turn off the 12-hour one.

We're professionals (Well, we're supposed to be.), and should be able to manage our time without hand-holding. I very rarely deliver within the 12-hour window, but when I do, I know exactly why and when. It's certainly not because I forgot an order!

• Like 2
  • Up 4

10 hours ago, vickieito said:

If you want to deliver in 24 hours, set the delivery to 2 or 3 days (and delivery in 24 hours). The algorithm likes this better than if you set a 24-hour delivery time and deliver 14 hours later.

I've heard this once before and have been wondering about it since.

Which part of our scoring is affected now by delivering too close to the deadline? I'm forgetting.

There are so many moving parts and I've read so much...it's all mush now, really. I don't know squat.

• Like 3

16 hours ago, vickieito said:

Fiverr also loves it when you deliver early like @catwriter. Set your delivery dates so that you can deliver a few days before it's due. If you want to deliver in 24 hours, set the delivery to 2 or 3 days (and delivery in 24 hours). The algorithm likes this better than if you set a 24-hour delivery time and deliver 14 hours later. Try to avoid getting that 12-hour notification because it does impact your seller performance, especially if other sellers in your sub-category are delivering much faster than their self-imposed delivery dates. If anything, ask for an extension at least 2-3 days before the delivery is due if you think you won't make the deadline. Give yourself plenty of wiggle room - the algorithm still considers it an early delivery if you set your delivery date a month out (but deliver in a few weeks).

Can I ask whether this is based on your own experience or something someone at Fiverr has said? 🙂 Thanks so much! 

Edited by arianelaurent
I have a 24hr turnaround gig so it would be really useful to know
  • Like 3

5 hours ago, mandyzines said:

Which part of our scoring is affected now by delivering too close to the deadline? I'm forgetting.

One of the metrics for the gig success score is meeting deadlines (which is currently damaged by using the 'Request extension' feature)! As far as I've seen delivering too close to the deadline hasn't been mentioned though...

• Like 3

9 hours ago, mandyzines said:

Which part of our scoring is affected now by delivering too close to the deadline?

If you look at the Success Score, the key areas always seem to blend together. One area almost always affects another key area. Here's what's affected by delivering early:

1) Client Satisfaction - when you set long delivery dates and deliver much earlier than expected, you're exceeding customer expectations and buyers are pleasantly surprised.

2) Delivery Time - Fiverr's tips include to "Deliver on time, or early if possible." I noticed when I deliver early, I get higher visibility in search and more buyer inquiries in my inbox.

3) Value for the Money - Delivering early is an easy way to make customers feel like they are getting more value for their money. Unless they pay the fees to expedite their order, I never promise to deliver early, so buyers are extremely happy when I do. They know I charge anywhere from  $50 to double my prices if I have to expedite the order, so if I happen to deliver an order a week or so early (still not as fast as expediting, but much earlier than they expected), they are ecstatic. This makes them more likely to leave feedback on the order or refer my services to their friends.

5 hours ago, arianelaurent said:

Can I ask whether this is based on your own experience or something someone at Fiverr has said?

Both! Not only does Fiverr encourage us to deliver early, it always helped me to keep my customers happy and have better visibility in search. I don't really see a benefit from setting delivery times to 24 hours. Set your delivery time to 2-3 days and deliver in 12-24 hours. This allows you to be prepared to handle any unexpected issues or problems that always seem to pop up in time-sensitive orders. I actually set my delivery dates closer to 2 weeks (even if it only takes a day or so to complete the order). This gives me greater flexibility to plan my orders and work schedule.

• Like 2
  • Up 2
  • Thanks 2

1 hour ago, vickieito said:

I noticed when I deliver early, I get higher visibility in search and more buyer inquiries in my inbox.

I've noticed the same.

1 hour ago, vickieito said:

I don't really see a benefit from setting delivery times to 24 hours.

There are buyers who search for gigs with 1-day delivery time. It's one of the filters. And if many sellers in a particular niche have 1-day delivery time, it can be difficult to compete with a longer delivery time.

Fiverr used to encourage shorter delivery times, and it can be a strong selling point (there even used to be a flashy badge or something, for express delivery, that is, for gigs that had 1-day delivery time and always got delivered on time). I see that @arianelaurent offers editing and proofreading, and I find it easy to imagine impatient writers who'd like to get it ASAP. 🙂 

(And, of course, if someone offers something like bug fixing, which is urgent by default, having a delivery time of 7 days is unlikely to appeal to buyers)

• Like 3
  • Up 1

Great points, @catwriter! I'm glad my buyers aren't the ones demanding 24-hour deliveries. Most of my buyers are happy with a 2-week or 4-week delivery time (and so am I). I do my best work when I'm not racing against a clock. I'm glad there are so many sellers on Fiverr that can take care of those buyers who are looking for the 24-hour turnaround times so I don't have to. 

For the few repeat buyers that I trust, I might do daily deliveries in the order chats (e.g., for proofreading, editing, or data entry) and then a final delivery once all deliverables are met (such as 5,000 words or 12 hours of work). 

• Like 4