how to get more interest in my gig ?

videovirtuose

On 2/28/2024 at 2:10 AM, videovirtuose said:

Ok, thanks ! I will try that 

While the Fiverr Learn course is a good link. I would NOT recommend following the "share on social media" advice. At least, not right away. Fiverr has this to say on the topic:

You are ultimately creating a brand image, which requires attention to detail and consistency in how you establish yourself. This takes time and thought, so don’t rush through it. [...] Grow your social media presence naturally. Playing it clean and being patient will ensure you attract the right potential sales leads.

Source: https://help.fiverr.com/hc/en-us/articles/360010490438-The-How-Tos-Of-Advertising-Off-The-Fiverr-Platform 

Also, your choice of gig images could be better. Before-and-after is good, but they should be in the same image. Plus you can get in two more samples that way.

In your gig video, you put "My tools?" but you don't actually list tools, just services and effects.

Lastly, your prices seem a bit low. Granted, I don't know how skilled you are, and I'm not familiar with pricing in that category, so maybe I'm completely wrong on this last point.

• Like 9

On 3/2/2024 at 11:07 PM, imagination7413 said:

While the Fiverr Learn course is a good link. I would NOT recommend following the "share on social media" advice. At least, not right away. Fiverr has this to say on the topic:

Source: https://help.fiverr.com/hc/en-us/articles/360010490438-The-How-Tos-Of-Advertising-Off-The-Fiverr-Platform 

Also, your choice of gig images could be better. Before-and-after is good, but they should be in the same image. Plus you can get in two more samples that way.

In your gig video, you put "My tools?" but you don't actually list tools, just services and effects.

Lastly, your prices seem a bit low. Granted, I don't know how skilled you are, and I'm not familiar with pricing in that category, so maybe I'm completely wrong on this last point.

Thank you for this valuable advice, I will work on my gigs !

For prices, I thought that starting with attractive prices would have allowed me to attract customers but I may be wrong.

I'll think about all that, thanks for the tips!

• Like 6

1 hour ago, videovirtuose said:

I thought that starting with attractive prices would have allowed me to attract customers but I may be wrong.

Yes, and no.

Know your value
Fiverr’s services start at $5. While it can be tempting to offer promotions or discounts to get your orders rolling in from the start, offering your work for free is not a recommended approach to connect with or entice potential buyers.

Set your potential buyers' expectations and set the precedent that your work can’t be obtained for free. It’s essential to know your worth as a seller and not to compromise it to attempt to attract buyers.

Source: https://help.fiverr.com/hc/en-us/articles/360010949038-Tips-and-tricks-Before-creating-your-Gig 

Also, for your consideration:

https://community.fiverr.com/forums/topic/282660-top-3-reasons-to-increase-your-gig-price-now-top-rated-seller-advice/ 
https://community.fiverr.com/forums/topic/309123-my-favorite-responses-when-a-buyer-says-youre-too-expensive/ 
https://community.fiverr.com/forums/topic/107342-communicating-the-value-of-your-gig-to-buyers-upyour/ 
https://community.fiverr.com/forums/topic/202647-guide-how-to-avoid-bad-buyers-and-how-to-deal-with-them-if-you-cant/ 

These are just a handful of threads from the "Tips" category. You can find plenty more there.

• Like 8

On 3/6/2024 at 11:29 PM, imagination7413 said:

Thanks, I will read this. 

By the way, I'm wondering about gig visibility. Even if a new creator posts a perfect ad, will it really be seen by customers?

I have the impression that SEO largely benefits people who already have a certain number of positive reviews, which is normal. But in this case, how can we ensure that the ad is not invisible?

Because even with a perfect ad, if no one sees it, it won't change anything...

THANKS !

• Like 5

On 3/8/2024 at 12:10 PM, videovirtuose said:

Even if a new creator posts a perfect ad, will it really be seen by customers?

I have the impression that SEO largely benefits people who already have a certain number of positive reviews, which is normal. But in this case, how can we ensure that the ad is not invisible?

Again: Yes, and no.

At it's most basic, Search Engine Optimization (SEO) works best when what you claim to offer in your gig matches what a Buyer types in the search bar. 

If I make quilts, and my gig were titled "I will make you the prettiest and most comfortable bed covers and blankets" while a Buyer types 'quilts' into the search bar, then my gig wouldn't be considered a match, even though what I make is exactly what they are looking for, and even if I already had numerous reviews. 

That all said:

You are responsible for your own gig's success. Don't rely solely on Fiverr. Do market research. Know who your target market is.

On 3/8/2024 at 12:10 PM, videovirtuose said:

Because even with a perfect ad, if no one sees it, it won't change anything...

How do you define 'perfect'?

If you take your own gig video for example, I for one would not call it 'perfect'. And I already pointed out the problem with your gig images. 

• Like 4
  • Up 1

1 hour ago, imagination7413 said:

Again: Yes, and no.

At it's most basic, Search Engine Optimization (SEO) works best when what you claim to offer in your gig matches what a Buyer types in the search bar. 

If I make quilts, and my gig were titled "I will make you the prettiest and most comfortable bed covers and blankets" while a Buyer types 'quilts' into the search bar, then my gig wouldn't be considered a match, even though what I make is exactly what they are looking for, and even if I already had numerous reviews. 

That all said:

You are responsible for your own gig's success. Don't rely solely on Fiverr. Do market research. Know who your target market is.

Okay I understand better, in this case I will consider specializing in a certain type of video editing in order to meet specific needs.

Thanks again for this information!

• Like 3

1 hour ago, imagination7413 said:

How do you define 'perfect'?

If you take your own gig video for example, I for one would not call it 'perfect'. And I already pointed out the problem with your gig images. 

haha, no I'm not implying that my gig is perfect, far from it. I'm just reworking it. I was not targeting any real gig but my point was about a gig that was not necessarily real but theoretically perfect.

Now I understand better !

• Like 3

12 minutes ago, videovirtuose said:

I will consider specializing in a certain type of video editing in order to meet specific needs

One gig that encapsulates all the specifics, like what you currently have, isn't a bad idea. As a new seller, though, you are permitted to make 4 total gigs, so if you want to make three more that focus on the individual services, go ahead.

Using the quilt example, I could have additional gigs, such as one for scrap quilts, or for recycled material, or one specifically for quilt or quilting patterns. Which are individual parts of quilt making, that some buyer might be looking for, rather than a finished quilt.

• Like 4

10 hours ago, imagination7413 said:

One gig that encapsulates all the specifics, like what you currently have, isn't a bad idea. As a new seller, though, you are permitted to make 4 total gigs, so if you want to make three more that focus on the individual services, go ahead.

In fact, I hadn't thought of that! I will think about my action plan. Thank you for all your advice !

• Like 1