The New Level System is Another Term for Constructive Termination

I do not wish to bore you all with how hard I worked to become a Level 2 seller or how many times I became Fiverr's Choice in a sub-category like Business Names and Slogans. I'm here to express my view of this new level system because, most probably, I will no longer be a Fiverr seller after March 15th. Because having a success score of 3 (just decreased from 4), my gigs will vanish from Fiverr listings soon, like everyone with a 4 or lower success score.

It's funny how Fiverr has given me the "Highly responsive!" status while decreasing my success score because my effective communication has a negative impact on gigs.

My completed to canceled order ratio is 247:14, almost all of which occurred from the buyers' side by placing orders by mistake. And Fiverr corrected my order completion back to 100% every time, proving that there was no fault of mine. Yet my order cancellation has a strong negative impact on gigs.

I have earned a total of 116 reviews, consisting of 107 5-stars, eight 4-stars, and one 1-star, from the 247 orders I completed. So, my client satisfaction having a strong negative impact on gigs is highly doubtful. However, I don't have a say in this metric because I do not know how my clients rated me on their private feedback.

My first guess was that this irrational Success Score calculation was done by an erroneous AI. But I argued Fiverr couldn't make such a mistake. Only then did it occur to me.

This is Fiverr’s way of Constructive Termination. Constructive termination is a situation where the employee is forced to leave or quit his/her job not because they want to, but because of the employer’s conduct. The resignation could be the result of bad working conditions or changes in terms of employment which leave the employee with no other choice but to quit. And kudos to Fiverr for achieving their goal.👏🏽👏🏽👏🏽

I had a good run, and I'm sure gonna miss it. But like every other good thing, this also must come to an end.

Edited by priyan87
Minor grammatical error
  • Like 28
  • Up 6
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, priyan87 said:

I do not wish to bore you all with how hard I worked to become a Level 2 seller or how many times I became Fiverr's Choice in a sub-category like Business Names and Slogans. I'm here to express my view of this new level system because, most probably, I will no longer be a Fiverr seller after March 15th. Because having a success score of 3 (just decreased from 4), my gigs will vanish from Fiverr listings soon, like everyone with a 4 or lower success score.

It's funny how Fiverr has given me the "Highly responsive!" status while decreasing my success score because my effective communication has a negative impact on gigs.

My completed to canceled order ratio is 247:14, almost all of which occurred from the buyers' side by placing orders by mistake. And Fiverr corrected my order completion back to 100% every time, proving that there was no fault of mine. Yet my order cancellation has a strong negative impact on gigs.

I have earned a total of 116 reviews, consisting of 107 5-stars, eight 4-stars, and one 1-star, from the 247 orders I completed. So, my client satisfaction having a strong negative impact on gigs is highly doubtful. However, I don't have a say in this metric because I do not know how my clients rated me on their private feedback.

My first guess was that this irrational Success Score calculation was done by an erroneous AI. But I argued Fiverr couldn't make such a mistake. Only then did it occur to me.

This is Fiverr’s way of Constructive Termination. Constructive termination is a situation where the employee is forced to leave or quit his/her job not because they want to, but because of the employer’s conduct. The resignation could be the result of bad working conditions or changes in terms of employment which leave the employee with no other choice but to quit. And kudos to Fiverr for achieving their goal.👏🏽👏🏽👏🏽

I had a good run, and I'm sure gonna miss it. But like every other good thing, this also must come to an end.

It is so very sad brother that I find myself in the same predicament like yours. Is there a way out of this, only asking for some sort of motivation if any because for a second there reading how you are feeling and what is happing with you, I felt like I am not alone. I am so disheartened man, this was my bread and butter. I worked here hard, sleepless nights, 1156 orders, highly responsive badge, 760 unique client earnings more than a 100k and then suddenly from level 2 I am dropped to level 1 and today out of the blues , success score drops again. Damn I don't know where to go from where . the harder I try the worse it gets

• Like 11
  • Sad 1
  • Up 1

This new level system is really horrible, I have completed 256 orders with 10 cancellations, of which only 2 were legitimate cancellations. The rest were either mistakenly placed orders or reordered immediately afterwards, which means that at the time, the cancellation rate was not affected by those 8 cancellations. However, now my success rate is 7, and only reason provided on all of my gigs is negative effect due to cancellations.

Furthermore, out of the three gigs affected, one has a "strong negative impact" for cancellations (other two only show a "negative effect.") The ratio of completed to cancelled orders for the heavily impacted gig is 53:3, with not a single one of those cancellations being genuine. These cancellations didn't affect the cancellation scores at the time either. The most recent cancellation for this gig occurred three months ago, the second-to-last over nine months ago, and the third over a year ago.

• Like 14
  • Sad 1
  • Up 1

Thank you for the post. I also see a decrease in my success score even though my reviews are stellar. I am usually working on new projects and extensions in delivery dates can be common from plenty of reasons (client wants to do more tests  etc). My success score is getting lower 5-6 and I have to prepare for the worst case. I will start migrating to other freelance platforms.

• Like 13
  • Up 1

7 hours ago, drorrozentraub said:

Thank you for the post. I also see a decrease in my success score even though my reviews are stellar. I am usually working on new projects and extensions in delivery dates can be common from plenty of reasons (client wants to do more tests  etc). My success score is getting lower 5-6 and I have to prepare for the worst case. I will start migrating to other freelance platforms.

what other platform is there in your opinion where you can get organic traffic ? 

• Like 13

13 hours ago, fission_designs said:

what other platform is there in your opinion where you can get organic traffic ? 

First, I apologize for my writing, I see I made some mistakes (I meant big projects not new projects). If Fiverr is 100% of your income than you are in trouble. Fiverr changing an algorithm is similar to have a new boss. Like a work place. Look for freelance competitors platforms and other ways to reduce your dependence on one platform. 

• Like 11
  • Thanks 1

Hi. 

Another very strange thing I would like to add here is an unexplainable fall in "response rate." Just yesterday I qualified. Today my response rate is 75% and the metrics is "in progress." The thing is, I did not see any new message that I should respond to. Nothing in the inbox, no email alert... The only message I did not reply to was an ongoing order chat when I messaged a client I made progress with the order and I will finish it soon. The client answered "thank you." An ongoing conversation should not be part of the response rate metrics, this just doesn't make sense and I think it is another proof that the new system just doesn't work.

It is obviously full of bugs and there is pure chaos on the platform. I just hope this will resolve in a few weeks.

• Like 8

On 2/24/2024 at 4:51 PM, priyan87 said:

So, my client satisfaction having a strong negative impact on gigs is highly doubtful. However, I don't have a say in this metric because I do not know how my clients rated me on their private feedback.

Even if for the sake of argument they did leave a bad private review, there is no possibility for anybody to reflect and improve. Because it's private. You just have to stumble around like a blind puppy in hopes that one day you will trigger some ghost metric that constitutes "client satisfaction". 

• Like 9

• 2 weeks later...

I was once a Level 2 Seller with a 4.9 rating and over $41k in sales. I stopped getting any gigs and didn't know Fiverr had gone through so many changes at that time. Before I "stopped paying attention," I had only 5 star reviews in "would recommend to a friend," "communication level" and "service as described. Realizing I had dropped the ball, I updated my profile, added links to my work as well as pictures and refined my niche. With 0 orders (and 0 ipressions), they gave me $10 for advertising, which I took advantage of. After three weeks, I have 15 clicks and 0 orders with a total of $0.53 spent and they recommend that I spend $50/day to get an order. (Of course they would - and I would recommend to my clients to buy my bulk articles gig, twice per month for best results.)

After reading that others in similar situations were spending upwards of $5-600/month on advertising only to drop out because it wasn't worth it, I decided that I will not be adding to the ad (protection) money. In the past, one of the 'perks' of Fiverr was that we paid 20% of our earnings to them in return for advertising or picking up cients that we would not have had without Fiverr. But as a writer, what is the 20% for if I have to pay for advertising? This makes no sense to me and it's sad that Fiverr went the way of the internet as a whole.

FIverr now favors those who already have prominence and money instead of leveling the playing field for everyone, which allows newbies to more easily get their foot in the door and allows buyers to find those hidden gems. In the past, my hard work, helpfulness to clients, and good reviews spoke for themselves. Today, Fiverr doesn't even recognize my account exists. I'm not sure if it's "constructive termination," it could be. But, I tend to feel like it's more of a termination due to my failure to partake in their "pay to play" scheme, which seems to be inherent in all large corporations.

I also want to add that it's not just affecting me as a seller. As a buyer - I have not had much success. Most people don't reply or reply very late, are rude, and simply don't do the work they claim to excel at. It's even difficult to find the appropriate matches when I search. The changes Fiverr has implemented have, imho, failed many people.

• Like 12
  • Thanks 2

9 minutes ago, ciana111 said:

I was once a Level 2 Seller with a 4.9 rating and over $41k in sales. I stopped getting any gigs and didn't know Fiverr had gone through so many changes at that time. Before I "stopped paying attention," I had only 5 star reviews in "would recommend to a friend," "communication level" and "service as described. Realizing I had dropped the ball, I updated my profile, added links to my work as well as pictures and refined my niche. With 0 orders (and 0 ipressions), they gave me $10 for advertising, which I took advantage of. After three weeks, I have 15 clicks and 0 orders with a total of $0.53 spent and they recommend that I spend $50/day to get an order. (Of course they would - and I would recommend to my clients to buy my bulk articles gig, twice per month for best results.)

After reading that others in similar situations were spending upwards of $5-600/month on advertising only to drop out because it wasn't worth it, I decided that I will not be adding to the ad (protection) money. In the past, one of the 'perks' of Fiverr was that we paid 20% of our earnings to them in return for advertising or picking up cients that we would not have had without Fiverr. But as a writer, what is the 20% for if I have to pay for advertising? This makes no sense to me and it's sad that Fiverr went the way of the internet as a whole.

FIverr now favors those who already have prominence and money instead of leveling the playing field for everyone, which allows newbies to more easily get their foot in the door and allows buyers to find those hidden gems. In the past, my hard work, helpfulness to clients, and good reviews spoke for themselves. Today, Fiverr doesn't even recognize my account exists. I'm not sure if it's "constructive termination," it could be. But, I tend to feel like it's more of a termination due to my failure to partake in their "pay to play" scheme, which seems to be inherent in all large corporations.

I also want to add that it's not just affecting me as a seller. As a buyer - I have not had much success. Most people don't reply or reply very late, are rude, and simply don't do the work they claim to excel at. It's even difficult to find the appropriate matches when I search. The changes Fiverr has implemented have, imho, failed many people.

Unfortunately, I feel your pain. I've only just realised the same thing as you today and its so annoying after all the hard work we've put in over the years for it all to be taken away. Fiverr need to do something about this ASAP!!!!

• Like 7

This new system is getting more and more ridiculous. This is my latest finished order and the customer review. The customer even left a tip and we are planning the third order from this customer. And my rating went from 4 to 3 after finishing this? I really do not get it. And this particular gig performance keeps saying my communication has a negative impact on the gig performance. I have only reviews and ratings like this one.

fiverr feedback.png

• Like 6
  • Sad 1

• 2 weeks later...

I agree with everyone on this post. Same thing for me. Perfect profile, Fiverrs choice(Almost always), but now my gig vanished due to order cancellations from buyers who ordered by mistake and completion rate was reset back to 100% by support everytime. Contacted support, they said they would fix it before March 14th, contacted again, then now they said they don't know when they will fix it. Which in corporate terms may mean they are not going to fix it. Like some if not everyone here, Fiverr is my only source of income so you can all relate.
I've always thought Fiverr cares more about a buyer than they do us sellers but now I think this it's getting extreme. I think the people, who will see alot of success on this platform moving forward will be sellers that work with buyers that offer repeated jobs, otherwise I think finding new buyers is going to be extremely difficult moving forward.

• Like 6

On 2/24/2024 at 7:51 AM, priyan87 said:

It's funny how Fiverr has given me the "Highly responsive!" status while decreasing my success score because my effective I had a good run, and I'm sure gonna miss it. But like every other good thing, this also must come to an end.

Same here. My cleared order funds are appearing in my Fiverr account. I am now waiting for the funds to clear Paypal, and then my bank account. I expect that April 1st will be goodbye for me. I do want to screen snapshot my gigs, just so I have a little memorial of what I used to do.

• Like 5
  • Sad 3

I really don't understand how the "top areas contributing to gig score" thing works.

Only one thing is listed there and it is Client satisfaction with negative impact. This is apparently making the gig score fall to 4. This meant I am now a level 0 seller despite being qualified for top rated seller on all other areas. I'd love to know how that score is being calculated because this makes little sense to me.

I understand that private reviews are influencing this, but I have no way of knowing what to even improve upon and the visibility of my gig has dropped.NewCanvas2.png.2781cec422685597ae286a8a94db53bc.pngNewCanvas1.png.26a07baf0ffaa4206a8cb7d64af2f5cf.png

• Like 3
  • Sad 1