SWOT

tylers1services

SWOT analysis, huh? But just the 'W'? Hard to define without the rest. So:

Strengths: First mover advantage, back in 2010-ish (you can check Wikipedia for the basics). From what I've read, it's fairly easy to use as a Buyer. As a Seller, I think it's also gotten a bit easier to navigate, and I've read fewer posts about some bugs. Has a global talent base.

Weaknesses: mediocre reputation. Granted, most mass-scale freelancer sites struggle to a degree, but Fiverr has no barrier to entry and thus attracts a LOT of less than reputable folk, both Buyers and Sellers. Language barriers are a problem, as are culture clashes.

Opportunities: AI. Fiverr embraced this opportunity quickly last year (maybe too quickly). Both for sellers to offer as a service (prompt engineers and fixing what AI generates) and internally in the business. Has helped some with the communication issues.

Threats: AI. As a business based on connecting wants with talent, the advent of AI is also a huge threat to the Sellers who provide the services Buyers purchase, especially the middle-talented. AI is still in VERY early stages, so it's unknown how it will develop. 

• Like 5
  • Up 4