Official feedback thread re: the new leveling system

20 minutes ago, priyank_mod said:

This also aligns with the initial assurance that success score is supposed to be relatively stable. @smartdezigns

I still have not deleted my 2 paused gigs and other gigs that sells poorly.. So I am not sure that my overall success score will be affected or not if I delete them. Currently it's 10 so I am not taking any risk for a while.

But you know it's an era of AI so anything is possible like success score can be dropped if I delete those gigs.. Who knows? But the problem is Fiverr Support is not gonna help or guide us in this regard. :classic_unsure:

• Like 6
  • Up 2

On 3/14/2024 at 9:15 AM, lukesdesigns said:

Out of curiosity, has anyone seen someone who has been given PRO status that doesn't have a perfect 10 for their Success Score? Not saying it hasn't happened, just genuinely wondering if there are any screenshots of PRO Sellers without 10's?

image.png.09fd3311b4ea516a02642278a37e2864.png

• Like 3
  • Sad 13

1 hour ago, priyank_mod said:

There is no way to figure this out and I'm glad there isn't. Else it would become very easy for Meksells to manipulate the system. 

So you're glad that we don't know about this system! But how can we improve ourselves then? How can we understand what we need to do to increase our SS? Please do not tell me to go and read the information provided on the SS page because it is not helpful🤔

• Like 3

4 hours ago, priyank_mod said:

There is no way to figure this out and I'm glad there isn't. Else it would become very easy for Meksells to manipulate the system. 

I also have some hypotheses🙈 about pausing/deleting gigs. I'm assuming when we pause/delete a gig to improve the success score - system might be configured to retain the impact of deleted/paused gig for a few months or may be 1-2 years. 🧐

This also aligns with the initial assurance that success score is supposed to be relatively stable. @smartdezigns

I would have thought "just removing a gig to make success score good again" would be one of the first and most obvious parts of the system's design, since Fiverr's obviously trying to reducing gamification (by sellers...) of the system. 

The only way to "game" this system that I can see is to get Seller Plus, activate RTO, and vet buyers. Assuming that the seller is able to deliver on the promise of their gig and there are no issues with their service and they know how to handle issues quickly/gracefully - i.e. they control all the things they can - RTO allows control of a variable that can't be controlled otherwise: buyer access. A happy coincidence or meticulous design to swell Fiverr's coffers?

As for how to improve success scores, I don't think reading any of Fiverr's pages are the answer. There are plenty of sellers with an inflated opinion of the value/worth of their service (not just deliverables, but actual service) - the only way to fix that is an honest self-assessment and fixing any issues. As always, the people most in need of doing that are the people least likely to do it. 

I've sold 2 gigs this year and I'm still a 10. I'm on course for gig 3 this year. *shrug*. I could have sold more, but the quality of "leads" is rock bottom at the moment. A typical example (I'd also like to complain about the block button being missing from the desktop inbox as as I searched for it everywhere, finally finding it on the app. Which needed to update. Ugh). 

My Fiverr wishlist: blocking entire countries from my inbox and gigs. Not gonna happen though....

image.png.cdcd445f3b29ea303cda1cdd7738b129.png

• Like 3
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, emmaki said:

I would have thought "just removing a gig to make success score good again" would be one of the first and most obvious parts of the system's design, since Fiverr's obviously trying to reducing gamification (by sellers...) of the system. 

Lesser number of gigs would help them for sure. They are sort of tacitly encouraging people to delete/pause the gigs but not giving/conveying any tangible benefits for it. We encourage you to do it but "your gigs/your choice.." 🤐

1 hour ago, emmaki said:

There are plenty of sellers with an inflated opinion of the value/worth of their service

Many of them have been screaming the # of their 5-star ratings from rooftop. 

Also, the 'block button' is pretty much there on desktop. It comes after we choose the reason for reporting. 

image.png.fcd117042a196b82c5c3547d5de8fd34.png

• Like 3
  • Up 1

7 minutes ago, priyank_mod said:

Also, the 'block button' is pretty much there on desktop. It comes after we choose the reason for reporting. 

Yeah but you have to report the person. You need to have a meaningful reason, not only that you don't want to work with that person. If it was appearing when you mark as Spam, sure. But I received a warning due to reporting a person that was self-promoting their service, yet when I reported them, minutes later I received a warning. Upon talking with CS they removed, but they specifically told me to just mark as spam instead of reporting and they removed the warning. Still, that was a gratuitous warning and I only used the button a few times since then, when it was absolutely necessary (people trying to ask me to write content for fake ID websites, etc, obviously illegal stuff). 

• Like 3
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 2

It's more like I can't do anything: This is the only hover-button I get, and there are no options in any menus to block or report, nor on profile pages, or anything.

I have no idea why this has changed, but all that's left is the app and the block button there.

image.png.21ea34dab93210a60f599cc7516a8fc3.png

• Like 3
  • Up 2

One thing the SS has helped me with, is deciding not to pay for Seller Plus Premium anymore until my 8 goes up. The only reason I paid for it was the supposed priority in TRS vetting, which will never happen with an 8.

I’ll just keep the cheaper Seller Plus. It sucks not being able to see the Premium forum, but that’s not worth $39.

Edited by zerlina84
  • Like 3
  • Up 1

24 minutes ago, zerlina84 said:

supposed priority in TRS vetting

I tried SP after having been eligible for TRS review for over two years. on my very first review date, I was promoted to TRS.

Therefore, my experience is that this feature of SP was a thing but, with the way the system has changed in the last month, it could be completely different now.

🤷🏻‍♂️

• Like 3
  • Up 2

5 minutes ago, catwriter said:

Next to it, on the right, should be 3 dots. Clicking on those allows reporting or marking as spam.

There used to be for me. Not any more!

Edited by emmaki
tbf I've just had a thought it might be an extension conflict
  • Like 4

7 hours ago, voicedbyken said:

image.png.09fd3311b4ea516a02642278a37e2864.png

@lukesdesigns Like Ken I am also both TRS and PRO and I have had a 9 since the first day of rollout. Been bending over backwards to correct the "communication" problem the success score says that I have and getting a ton of great feedback and reviews since rollout and it hasn't budged. 

Screen Shot 2024-03-18 at 7.58.27 AM.png

Edited by texvox
  • Like 4
  • Up 1

I still can't make sense of any of this. 

The 'grace' period should be over but nothing changed and I am at loss for what to do. Apart from returning buyers, I am not getting any new ones since the new system was implemented. 

I finally got to lv 2 and dropped from an 8 to a 6, and will lose it by march 24th. 
It says communication/satisfaction is a 'strong' negative impact on my landing page gig (which now has a 4 rating) while getting pretty much just 5 star reviews and returning customers. 

My reponse rate is stuck at 89% despite getting back to EVERYTHING (including ongoing chats) within 24hrs. 

Another worry is that I sometimes have to deliver the order and have it go into possible revision because some buyers just don't come online or answer for 5 days while the deadline is expiring, and this will now negatively impact my ratings despite delivering and asking for feedback on time. Does anyone know if they will look if that's the case? 

I currently have 2 orders where one revision was sitting there 6 days past the original delivery date because the buyer didn't come online to respond. 
Another one will probably have the same thing happening with 2 days left to deliver and they haven't even commented on the first design or showed it to their client yet. I'm so discouraged 😞 

Edited by ibcreative89
  • Like 4
  • Sad 1
  • Up 1

2 hours ago, emmaki said:

This is the only hover-button I get, and there are no options in any menus to block or report, nor on profile pages, or anything.

Isn't that screenshot with the message "especially not spam" showing the options next to your message not the buyer's message. If you hover at the top of the buyer's message it should show the 3 dots for the menu with the mark as spam/report option.

Though the help says "You can only block buyers who have previously placed an order with you.".

Edited by uk1000
  • Like 3

7 minutes ago, uk1000 said:

Isn't that screenshot with the message "especially not spam" showing the options next to your message not the buyer's message. If you hover at the top of the buyer's message it should show the 3 dots for the menu with the mark as spam/report option.

Though the help says "You can only block buyers who have previously placed an order with you.".

Nope, it's just "reply" whether I hover over my message or someone else's (this includes previous buyers). Disabling all (Chrome) extensions did nothing,  but oddly enough, I can see the dots and report/block whatever in Firefox. I remember a few years ago I switched to Chrome because Fiverr went buggy on Firefox. Oh how the turn tables etc. Anyway, on the off-chance that someone else is suffering this apparently very niche issue, there's the fix.

• Like 5

Mysteriously my success score changed from 4 to 5. But it should have gone up to 9. And yet I'm still level 0. But with a score of 9 I should be at level 2. 
The invisible hand of "transparency" is doing its thing.

image.png.8eeea49b0d676c8f11556136f0a9defd.png

Edited by leonormiserol
  • Like 5
  • Congrats! 1
  • Up 1

25 minutes ago, emmaki said:

Nope, it's just "reply" whether I hover over my message or someone else's (this includes previous buyers).

Already had the same problem 1 month ago.

reply.JPG

reply spam.JPG

• Like 3

15 hours ago, donnovan86 said:

This is not an official thread. There were official threads on the topic, but they were locked. Unless you tag a Fiverr representative, most likely they won't see anything here.

Thanks... Bye

• Like 3
  • Confused 2

49 minutes ago, leonormiserol said:

Mysteriously my success score changed from 4 to 5. But it should have gone up to 9. And yet I'm still level 0. But with a score of 9 I should be at level 2. 

Unfortunately, according to CS there are all sorts of magic sauce ingredients that go into your SS beyond your gig scores, so your gig score of 9 does not in fact mean your SS should be 9 also. I activated two gigs as a test after shutting them down. I've had four orders this week, 5.0 star ratings (keeping me at 100% 5.0 star ratings for all time), my gig scores are 8, and my SS is still 3. No visible reason considering anything negative like private ratings is already reflected in the gig scores.

Effectively the SS algorithm is to logical math what Cheez Whiz is to actual cheese.

Edited by cucinavivace
  • Like 5
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, leonormiserol said:

Back when it was 4/10, was the bar closer to 5 or in between 4 and 5?

• Like 4

Careful, you'll end up on The List with me.

giphy.gif

Edited by emmaki
For clarity, the "No" GIF, featuring the delightful Uncle Roger, is more about the terrifying thought of being put on The List.
  • Like 4