How to identify customers with unclear needs in advance?

lee_petrovich

Question

I received an order from a customer in the past. Before placing the order, she only showed me a picture of a brochure that was not very good-looking. I also asked her what style of brochure she would like, but she did not reply. I thought she didn't have high aesthetic needs, so I quoted a very low price.

Unfortunately, she began to belittle my work after it was completed, saying that my work was only elementary level. I asked her if there was anything I didn't like about my work. But she didn't want to point out specific problems and said a lot of useless clichés (even during the design process she received the same comments). This almost waste me a few days of work or get a bad review. I don’t want to work with this kind of client, do you have any suggestions?🤔

Edited by lee_petrovich
  • Like 4
  • Up 1

3 answers to this question

I added required questions before the start of the project, I'm still nue on this particular website but I'm not new in online freelancing in general. Asking as kuch questions as possible and not starting before you have all the answers is the key I think.

• Like 4

17 minutes ago, imagination7413 said:

That right there is one of the things to look out for. Her needs were already unclear, and when you asked for clarification and got no word back, you made an assumption. Never assume. 

Thank you, I will keep it in mind.

• Like 3