Newbie question: A buyer leaves a message asking for my email address. Is this normal?

takahacinana

Question

Hello! I registered on fiverr last month, hoping to find some design-related job opportunities. I recently received a message from a requester about thumbnail production. He said in the message that since he recently moved from Russia to Germany, he hopes that I will give him my email address so that he can send me the materials needed for production before the transaction? I don’t quite understand. Does it violate the rules of the website if I leave him my email address? thank you all!

• Like 3

2 answers to this question

4 hours ago, takahacinana said:

he hopes that I will give him my email address so that he can send me the materials needed for production before the transaction? 

Never ever provide or share your personal details with anyone on Fiverr.. Wlse you will get a warning (your account will get suspended too). It's a violation of TOS if you share your personal details with your buyers or anyone on Fiverr. Also, never ever contact anyone outside the Fiverr too. 

If your buyer wants to provide you the materials, then ask him/her to send them over Fiverr Inbox or Place an order and deliver the files via Order page.

4 hours ago, takahacinana said:

Does it violate the rules of the website if I leave him my email address? thank you all!

Yes it violates TOS if you send him your email address, phone number, address etc. Avoid it please.

Kindly read the Terms of Services (TOS) again:

Link: https://www.fiverr.com/legal-portal/legal-terms/terms-of-service (Read 8.1 Basics part)

Source: Fiverr.com

• Like 2

On 2/17/2024 at 7:12 PM, smartdezigns said:

Never ever provide or share your personal details with anyone on Fiverr.. Wlse you will get a warning (your account will get suspended too). It's a violation of TOS if you share your personal details with your buyers or anyone on Fiverr. Also, never ever contact anyone outside the Fiverr too. 

If your buyer wants to provide you the materials, then ask him/her to send them over Fiverr Inbox or Place an order and deliver the files via Order page.

Yes it violates TOS if you send him your email address, phone number, address etc. Avoid it please.

Kindly read the Terms of Services (TOS) again:

Link: https://www.fiverr.com/legal-portal/legal-terms/terms-of-service (Read 8.1 Basics part)

Source: Fiverr.com

Thank you very much for your reply, it was very helpful to me! Have a great day!

• Like 1